1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which do you think is the worst and/or weakest Warcraft 3 hero?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Mgeterno11, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Guldan is definitely the worst hero he may do 112 - 125 damage but stun him and he dies quicker than you can say "keeper of the grove sucks".

Anyway on topic I would say Blood Mage because he really is just a CnP of the archmage and I would rather take archmage, pally and mk than boast two intelligence heroes. Of course archmage and blood Mage could be switched but archmage has more diversity.

2. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    blood mage a cnp of archmage WTF

3. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah, and the spellbreaker is a cnp of the footman

and the chimera is a cnp of the archer

4. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well he is you've got flame strike which is like blizzard except it can't target air units.
    They both summon a unit and a horde of water elementals that can be used early and late games is by far more useful than a late game Phoenix that can easily be taken down with any amount of good tactics.

Siphon mana yeah can have its uses but brilliance aura is in my opinion more useful.

And mass teleport means you never need a town scroll again, that and banish can only be used to save one of you units from most attacks or as a bad alternative to polymorph.

5. SonicFlare101

SonicFlare101

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have to agree with footman. Plus with flame strike you get time to get out the way.
    Although isn't the Phoenix like the only summon able air unit?

6. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with the opinion that the bloodmage sucks, and i completly agree with Footman16's post and would like to add that Mass teleport is more than just a town scroll spell, it's bloody briliant, just send an invisible knight to the enemy's base and teleport with an army of Seige Engines/Motar and watch the fireworks.

7. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    blood mage imo wud be better for a tri-hero vs undead. banish + light + bolt = a nuke that rivals impale + coil + nova. plus, its slightly higher in HP than the archmage, and it is suicide to get a weak hero vs undead.

8. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    depends on what items you give him circlet and periapt of vitality if youve got free inventory space is a good tactic.

9. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Archmage + Bloodmage ftw.

10. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    no archmage + blood mage is as stupid as knights + footmen build. if ur going for a second hero, go mk.

11. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually footmen, knight and priest tactic is pretty good with Archmage, Mountain Knight and Paladin.

Also sometimes in larger battles like 4v4 I like to use Archmage, Bloodmage and Pit Lord for the AoE abilities. Total destruction!

12. GnomeDefender

GnomeDefender

Resources:
    Resources:
    Truth. However, if you did footies + knights + priests + spellcaster, and do the right proportions, you have a pretty strong combination.

:ogre_datass:

13. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But unless your oponent does mass riflemen/nerubians/archers/trolls - footmen become obsolite after you get knights.

14. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    even then knight's speed and extra tankiness make up for the lack of defend

15. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course you won't do footmen when you can train knights.

What you mean? Knight has the best armor value in the game(heroes not counted). But they do not have that much hit points compared to other tier 3 units.

16. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i was responding to trolman's post. even when your opponent masses ranged, though the knight lacks the defend ability, it more than makes up for this with better armor and speed.

17. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Against mass piercing, Footmen are more cost-effective than Knights. At the end of the day, all strategy games are about economy, so no, Footmen don't become obsolete.

18. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with all your posts. Yes, we decide differetly how a hero is useful or not. I think it depends on controlling them. However, Bloodmage dies too fast, and weak otherwise you keep him away form units. His banish spell is useful for strong enemy units and even your units when they are nearly dead.

Knights in large group can be strong, but can also harmed by faefire fire, slow, shockwave. And just surround them and they die much faster.

19. Vengeful

Vengeful

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello all!

See I have a friend who played with DeathKnight. I want to make you sure that you can't hit him with even god!

every heros is equal. and it's completely depends on your desire and gameplay.

In my opinion Bloodmage(bloodelf on human race) and Warden (maeve shadowsong on elven race) are the best on my gameplay.

And the Deamon hunter(Illiden on elven race), Paladin(human race) and all Undead heros are the worst on my gameplay.

20. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Definitely not.

First you say everything is equal but then you say that some are better?