• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wherewolf's Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Storming Tower has a very slow buildup but once the beat came in, it took me by complete surprise! I really like that electronic instrument you used for the melody (I don't know what it's called) and coupled with the blazing rhythm, I really get the feel of racing up and adrenaline.

It's for TWIF's wc4/sc2 project
And no it's not exactly like the Wc3 soundtrack (a pretty meh soundtrack imo), Twif didn't seem to mind when I went with a bit different style

Also I haven't gotten to doing any background battle music, that's a bit of a difficult style to write in (ambient themes aren't exactly my strong point), I'll try to make that resemble the wc3 soundtrack a little more.

Note: Asomath has done all the finishing/mastering on the wc4 tracks

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Heh, it's not that difficult. Just start with some notes and then bla bla with other instruments. Try not to have too many long notes in one song. Listen to War3's music or other and get inspired. You can actually try to remake that which you hear first. :)

Level 5
Hey.I just listen some of your songs and i have to say it is pretty cool.You have your own style.There is a feeling in your music you know what i mean.Sometimes i was tryin something experiments like you but i think not that good.One of my friends is making music similliar sometimes to your and he like 8-bit is well...He has maybe more cosmologic aspirations but you can maybe like it :
http://neuronix00.mp3.wp.pl/?tg=L3Avc3RyZWZhL2FydHlzdGEvNTQ5NTYuaHRtbA==

greetings from Poland
cheers

Hey.I just listen some of your songs and i have to say it is pretty cool.You have your own style.There is a feeling in your music you know what i mean.Sometimes i was tryin something experiments like you but i think not that good.One of my friends is making music similliar sometimes to your and he like 8-bit is well...He has maybe more cosmologic aspirations but you can maybe like it :

Wow, cool piece - definitely sounds better then my stuff.

Added 2 new videos, it seems the file download itself isn't used when I post that sort of thing - If anyone wants an mp3 I can gladly provide one, just no point in posting the download when people just seem to want to use the youtube videos (note: youtube puts a lot of compression on the music, this could be a good or bad thing, depending on just how bad my piece is (which is sometimes pretty bad) - but like try putting the resolution to it's max on my remix of the encounter theme and you'll definitely be able to tell the difference)

Also I just feel like posting this here, it's a wip of something I'm working on which greatly contrasts the stuff I've posted here
http://www.box.net/shared/lo18on1125
(the verse part is a placeholder until I can get it down)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Ok. I just hope I can dld :D. Thanks for your love to music.

What program do you use again ?
Thanks.

Err, btw Twilight Sonata sounds like one of Tiesto's mixes. I'll point it to you soon.

How do you take voice from movies/or whatever (i heard it's from the pony series) without getting the background as well ?

Last edited:
Yo I like the vibe your music has, it's pretty neat. I listened to a few of them at random and they all sound pretty cool.

Curious though what program do you use? Do you play any of the actual instruments or is it all through a program?

I run Pro Tools 8, I'll occasionally use actual instruments in the mix but it's normally all done via plugins.

Added a new song, experimenting with breakcore

So like it's been forever since I've updated this, though I figured I'd start fresh with my new stuff posted up this year

I've only posted things from my new youtube though here's a few old things I like anyways (new stuff updated on the first post):

Collab with Silva

remix of the above song

Attempt at Complextro

Status
Not open for further replies.