• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where is everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello there, i recently started playing warhammer again(used to play a while back) and i have a question. Were do i find people to play with, i can never seem to find anyone, and it takes about 20 min to find a game on the custom game list and sometimes its a beta version or one of the old 3.5 versions. So if anyone can tell me if there is like a clan that plays warhammer or if you could give me your IGN(in game name) and i would like to play with you.

Level 6
I assume you can't host games because they fill up in a matter of seconds.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I guess there just aren't that many games.. If you host a game, it will be full within a minute..
If everyone started hosting it would be great.. I can host some games.
I think I will make another spot for a player who can be a host. So I host a game without me being a player. So I dont have to be in game in order to you can play :)

Level 1
v3ck said:
I assume you can't host games because they fill up in a matter of seconds.
You are right from assuming that, because i will be lucky to find a game, and half the time they are full by the time i can join, its just that Warhammer is such a fun game but not many people host or can host it

Level 1
i was sort of thinking that maybe someone should make a clan, just for Warhammer. I think it would be quite succesful, but we would need a good leader

Level 1
lol I can't be a leader for several reasons, it just would be a good idea to make a clan where people could come and play some warhammer, better then waiting 20 min for a game to come and then to find its full, You would of course be the leader if u want, or someone your trust.

Level 1
Mr Happy's TD

Well i host when ever i get a chance to go online, which i cant now coz i cant use the latest update. but before i hosted all the time on BoredAussies gateway. my original disk has broken & my HDD got wiped and the files put back again, instead of re-installing so i dont have the registry entrys for WC3 or FT. So no patching & no playing properly online for MrHappy :cry: .

anyways, back on topic. If i host a game it will be called "Mr Happy's TD" or "Mr Happy's 40K TD"

Level 2
Not many people host that map, I do it 1-8 times a day tho I use europe bnet mainserver.

Most people cnt host and I found out 4 pionts to get sure they can:

1st Reason:
Youre Windows XP software firerwall. This useless and automaticaly activated firerwall blocks all servers you open to "protect" you. It is useless cause even Ican get past it.

1st Solution:
Just deactivate it in youre system control and get a Softwarefirerwall like Zonealarm or a similar program, just search one via google.

2nd Reason:
Youre Software firerwall blocks the server option of the wc3.exe or wcIII.exe application, or does not fint it and autoblocks it.

2nd Solution:
Simply go into youre softwarefirerwalls application-option-menue and search the wc3 or wcIII.exe application. Once you have found it simply change it to allow server. If it simply doesn t finds the application reinstal the softwarefirerwall, or mail to the support adress of the company which produced youre software firerwall.

3rd Reason:
Youve got a router. Many people don t know it cause the technician or the uncle or whoever installed the internect accses in theire house or simmply have no clue about soft and hardware. Everey router has a hardware firerwall which simply blocks every port but the ports which are usualy used, like the one Windows Internet Explorer is using or Outlook Express.

3d Solution:
If not yet installed download and install a routercontrolprogramm from the company which made youre router, search via google.
When it is installed tell it to unlock the port 6112, thats the port which is put standart in youre warcraft 3 gameplay options menue for people to conect to youre server. If you can t open that port simply change the port from 6112 to a yet opened port in youre gameplay options menue.
If you don t know, if youre having a router or a modem, get youre uncle a technician or who ever has a greater knowledge about networktechnique. Show that person this post and it should know what t do.

4th Reason:
Som provider block all unusual ports to protect theire customers and youre having such a provider.

4th solution:
Write an email to youre provider to open a certain or some certain ports.

If all theese problems are exterminated and you still can t host you have bad luck. backround firerwall or a bad script in one or a failure in windows or what ever is blocking the port/application.
I am finished with my Computerlatin and can t help youn anny further just give it up.

Or you are hosting a totaly noob and unliked game like dota or candywar and ofcourse noone joins a noob game.

Level 1
MR HAPPY HOSTING

Good news all, Mr Happy's Hosting is now back online :D , if any of yous use the Bored Aussies Gateway...

server name: Bored Aussies
Host name: pvpgn.boredaussie.com
timezone: 10

...then look out for Mr Happy's 40K TD. (game name) i host this map alot and if im not hosting 40K TD ill be hosting Ryoko. So hopefully we can have a game sometime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.