• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where can i find monitor drivers for my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25

pyf

pyf

Level 32
i did not know it at all.
Oh yes you knew already.

[...] Now I've never heard of optimizing a screen by updating the drivers of it, but since andreas knows everything I'm sure he'll tell us how it will optimize the screen.
@LordDz: Monitor drivers come in two parts: the inf file, and the ICC profile file (which can also be a file with the icm file extension) starting with Windows 98 iirc.

Admittedly, the inf file is not that useful with both a PnP monitor and OS, unless the monitor itself reports incorrect supported features to the OS.

Additional info here:
Color management - Wikipedia

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
i did not.
Then you did not read what I wrote in another thread.

You may want to create **at your own risks** your own monitor.inf file with it. But honestly you really should leave this alone imho.

generic plug and play monitor is a lack of proper drivers. monitors work better with proper drivers.
Because of the PnP capabilities of both monitors and OSes, drivers for monitors are not really required. Even though color profiles tailored for a specific brand of monitor might bring something for the demanding graphic arts professional.

Please visit the support site of your laptop manufacturer, to find all the suitable downloads for your laptop.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Then there are probably no specific drivers / color profiles for the monitor of your laptop to download.

As an alternative, you may want to visit the site of the manufacturer of the monitor itself, to learn more about it. Monitor Asset Manager already provided you its PnP ID and Data string. You can also look for the technical specs and datasheet of this monitor on sites such as panelook.com.

As a example, the monitor of my laptop (a NEC VERSA S950) was built by AU Optronics. I have already posted its internal informations as reported by the hardware itself here. Now, both its PnP ID (AUO1333) and Data string (B140EW01 V3) allow to quickly find out its full technical hardware specs, as well as its downloadable datasheet. From there, it should be possible to create a suitable monitor.inf file with all the appropriate values, which will override what the monitor itself reports to the OS. But again, I strongly advise against experimenting with this.

For the record, neither NEC nor AU Optronics provide any specific drivers / color profiles for the monitor of my laptop. And I can perfectly live with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.