1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Something Else' started by Master of Eagles, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Heck yeah, man! Colorado is the bomb.com! I love it there. Where you planning on moving to (if I may ask)?

Also, congrats on the first house. We tried this year but it wasn't in the cards... Quite frustrating. Hope everything goes well for you.

2. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you dude! I'm sorry that the house on your end isn't working out though, it'll probably work in the future though! I'm moving to Montrose, where are you at?

3. Svetli

Svetli

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    From Montana, Bulgaria, my brethren! :D

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm in the Eastern US; nowhere near CO... Yet. My wife & I hope to move there someday.

I ask because I spent 2 years there as a proselytizing missionary for my Church; 2 glorious years in the mountains (not really; spent about 9 months in the desert valley of Grand Junction & the rest of my time in metro Denver, lol). Still, *close* to the glorious mountains. And pining someday to return. : )

Montrose! How amazing. Such beautiful landscapes. You are one lucky dog; those houses aren't that cheap, are they?

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Mormon or LDS? or something entirely different. Those were just the options that was most frequent when I searched for the answer. Sucks about the mountains though.

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Both; those are the same. ; ) Technically "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" or "LDS" is most proper, but we read a "Book of Mormon" in addition to the Holy Bible so we are well known as "Mormons" (ala Mormon.org | What is the Mormon Church and Religion?)

7. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I thought that mormons was more like a primary branch of LDS and not the exact same?

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well, it's complicated. Like many religions, there are splinter groups, often going by similar-sounding names or acronyms. The "Mormon Church", that is, the largest & most well-known & world-wide part, are the LDS (talked about this already). However there are also "Mormons" in the form of the "FLDS" (Fundamentalist LDS), mostly in the deserts of Arizona/Utah/Idaho who still preach & practice the illegal act of polygamy, from our early days (they split off when we stopped).
    Another group, centered around Missouri, is known as the "RLDS" (Reorganized LDS) but now as "Community of Christ", split off around the time of Joseph Smith's death, in the unfortunate belief that his son was to be the next Prophet (very similar to the Sunni/Shiite split in Islam, if I'm not mistaken).

Anyway, you're not wrong. It's the primary branch of the greater "Latter-Day Saint Movement" (according to Wikipedia at least), but it's also, I would argue, synonymous with LDS.

9. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the explanation, never really had much more knowledge of mormons than the historical one, so an updated view is interesting (Or I guess in the case of religion of somewhat typical situation).

10. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    From Persia. ;D

Well, you can read much about it in Wikipedia and many other sites. So there is no need to describe it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  11. redwing.asingaurd

redwing.asingaurd

Resources:
    Resources:
    I live on the moon, so it takes 29.5 days of your days to make a day here, so it's like 15 days of sleeping each night.
    I love it, because then I can focus straight on modding for the 15 days I'm awake

12. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Seems likely - and I can see some tactical advantage to it. I would personally miss nature though and be a tad worried about falling rocks.

13. redwing.asingaurd

redwing.asingaurd

Resources:
    Resources:
    its ok I have an umbrella

upload_2018-2-19_13-37-14.png

it's blue, you can see it if you look really closely

14. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess from earth,right?

15. BlackEnvyX

BlackEnvyX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally made the move to Colorado!

16. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Congratz :smile:

17. dreambeliever

dreambeliever

Resources:
    Resources:
  18. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    With the spectre of GDPR flying around nowadays, I'm thinking people will be a bit more hesitant with threads like these.

19. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Assuming that the information they have given is correct (I assume?). Nothing requires it to be.

20. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    When did that stop a horde of confused people?

Not to compare the great Hive collective with the common rabble, but I've seen some hilarious conversations this past week simply due to the buzz that this law caused.