Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Something Else' started by Master of Eagles, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And? Somalia is going to be a hell on Earth, whether it has private or public health care.

Edit, missed this:

Just one question, why?
    Clearly you missed out on the list of various other problems I posted a while back.

2. Tirlititi

Tirlititi

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm from France, native birthplace of the Smurfs and Benzaie.

What could I say about it? We have some good cheese, both a revolutionary and a colonial past (some french people even thought we could combine those) and a bunch of roundabouts.

We have some good music, not as good as greek music though IMO, but still.

I wouldn't dare to make an assumption about the most popular games if you put aside football and rugby (which is even more popular in the south-west, where I live).

3. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are lots of poor people in Sweden too. I mean that it's easy for you to talk about abolishing certain social support structures, since I assume that you aren't one of those poor people.

I would go as far as to say that fully privatized system would be really bad replacement in a long run. Profit motive doesn't really make the best system from the patient's point of view. And obviously nothing private can be free, and there will always, absolutely always be a portion of population that lives in poorer conditions. Well, maybe not after the robots do all the work. Of course there are already private clinics that people can go to if they are in a hurry and they can afford it.

4. Laercio

Laercio

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Agreed

I said that in my last post, open a new thread and discuss taxes, health care, or whatever you want. Its getting a bit disgusting all the discussion and arguing here. Stop this *shh* discussion here and begin a new thread.

5. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    fair enough,
    My country is Macedonia, its quite a small place. Economically, basically it falls on the second world countries league. Meaning it's a 'still in development' state.
    It's a very interesting place to be, considering there are two major ethnic groups Macedonians and Albanians. And to add to the oddness, they share only humanity in common(saying it as they have different religion, language, ethnic, etc). Despite all the problems, we managed so far with only one war among us(great success), which resulted in just a few casualties, if I am to be asked it's all a big conspiracy. Enough about people.
    Even though my country has a poor economy, very few homemade products, and its major economical attributes are owned/bought by foreign rich countries, that does not mean we are not doing all right.
    The government is based on corruption and lies, u might say which government isn't?. Well consider this double the corruption.

hmm, besides whining, I'll say a few good words.
    Well, its a beautiful place to live/grow in. My country has 3 major natural lakes, which are astonishing in spring/summer time. Among those, we also have a few nice mountain height natural lakes(smaller ones, obviously) which offer very dramatic and amazing landscapes. Unfortunately we haven't developed tourism on those parts yet, so the world actually enjoys our benefits. On the other side, its very well knows for two main skiing resorts, who attract a great deal of tourists during winter times, and again too lazy leaders to make these resorts europe quality.

The history of my country is amazing, there might be a few arguing in some topics, but in overall many world wide known leaders have crossed paths here or have origin from around here.
    recently we had many nationalism rage going on, mostly government encouraged with intention of hiding secrets before elections, yes they are dirty players, and unfortunately many innocent people had to pay the price for this. I guess standing united is far from happening for us at this moment, perhaps in the future this hate can be reduced, if not removed.
    I hope I gave quite some useful, short information. =)

6. Vladadamm

Vladadamm

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Didn't knew you were living in the South-West too ^^'

7. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Assumptions in discussions and debates are generally not a good idea, this one is no exception.

I have a father who's completely dependant on social support, this due to a massive stroke a while back that lead to a severe handicap. Because of this, my mother quit her work to care for him as to allow him to live at home instead of having to live at rehab. home. It should go without saying that with neither of my parents working, they don't make a lot of money. But because of our social welfare programs, my family still gets enough money to go around and live a decent life.

Now, could you kindly take a step back and stop making assumptions that I'm some sort of spoiled, upper-class kid who wishes to abolish welfare for the poor only because it would benefit my lawyer father and CEO mother?

8. Nuclear

Nuclear

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only assumption I made is, that you aren't living in "lower income" class.

9. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not going into this whole thing, no matter how relevant - given that I am from Denmark :smile:

But I am going to say one thing: That its been definitely proven that paying for public services / government services is a better way of creating jobs and stabilizing a countries growth than budget cuts/tax cuts.
    And hint to a little report often used to argue that spending cuts is a good idea for the government, which was proven false and not based in reality :wink:

However this whole discussion deserves a topic of its own.

10. Stylo

Stylo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lithuania!

||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||

11. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Cool! I often play with Lithuania in Knights of Honor ;D It's huge. And it had a nice red flag with a horse on it. In the past. Medieval times I think.

12. Stylo

Stylo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup :), well our country is small where lives only 3 million people, but it was huge in medieval times, one of the strongest country in the world and the first who beat teutonic order.

13. Amargaard

Amargaard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You have the Jamaican colors? o_O

14. Stylo

Stylo

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? :D Jamaican is totally different flag... green, yellow, black

15. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Planet: Earth
    Provinces: West Borneo
    City: Riam Danau

16. Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    City: Zagreb

17. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  18. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Galaxy: Milky Way
    Planet: Earth
    Continent: North America
    State/Section/Province: California
    County: Lets just say northern Cali
    City: NO WAY DONT STALK ME :ogre_icwydt:

19. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Only a few people from France, 1 from Spain, and 1 from Portugal thus far. Curious. Iberian Peninsula doesn't like Hive?

20. Karassu

Karassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yes... Uh, Yeah, Oh... Woops, gonna get a room... *runs*