Where are you from?

Level 12
I hate europa universalis but I could point out your small, insignificant country at ease.

ps: Brazil's much better, derp.
i'm deeply offended by your statement, i shall not deal with the likes of you. hating europa universalis is an unbearable act of heresy for which you should be banned from this site, an should endure physical torture for the rest of your miserable life

also, i kinda preffer our weather, and european portuguese may not be a beautiful language, but at least it doesnt hurt the ears, like the unfortunate accident you call a language. then again my main contact with brazillian portuguese is from the tons of imported soap operas i was forced to endure when i lived in my mother's home, so i might be a bit biased

best part of being portuguese? at least we're not servbian or croatian or slovanenian(slovanakian? i always get those two mixed up) or any one of those eastern european states nobody knows or cares about, but seem to be bustling with fanatically nationalistic thirteenagers

I'm from one of those countries you can't spell, which has hardly any nationalists and I find it offensive.

Level 6
I hate word combination "british acsent"
i think "british acsent" even doesn't exist because english language was born in great britain, not in your america. So you don't have right to say these words. Noone have.
And i also think there's only american acsent))

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Um, being English myself I can assure you there's such a thing as a British accent. Everybody on the planet has an accent unless they're mute. Also when you say things such as "British accent" it's important to clarify, as Standard English =/= The Queen's English =/= Cockney English, and so on and so forth

Eitherway as we all know, I'm English and thus from England (obviously) which I think I've also said before, eitherway just wanted to input on that.

I have an American Accent even though I'm Arabic :>
It comes in handy sometimes ;)

You should've seen the look on one of my teachers' face when I introduced myself in the beginning of the year. He was like: "Are you from the United States?"
I was like "No. 100% Lebanese."
And he was like "Do you know how to speak Arabic?"

It's pretty much always the same thing when people meet me for the first time :/
They assume I'm American D:

edit
There is a difference between how Americans speak English and how Brits speak English.
That's why there is such a thing as a British Accent.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
I hate word combination "british acsent"
i think "british acsent" even doesn't exist because english language was born in great britain, not in your america. So you don't have right to say these words. Noone have.
And i also think there's only american acsent))

You know your post is pretty damn stupid, right? There's dozens of american accents, dozens of british accents, australian accents, south african accents, canadian accents, and so on.

Keep this bs anti-americanism out of this thread please.

Level 6
You know your post is pretty damn stupid, right? There's dozens of american accents, dozens of british accents, australian accents, south african accents, canadian accents, and so on.

I see you haven't understood me.

I was talking only about the words "British Acsent". I don't know how to explain in few words. It's like French acsent of French language and Spanish acsent of Spanish language. I thought there would be no offence to anybody understanding me.

In this situation you may use word "expression" instead of "acsent")

Magtheridon96, in that case you can call it american acsent. americans, as i always believed, were not the first people to use the language, right? or i was fool and americans really created it?)
If they did, i have a reason for suicide

Level 12
the british themselves are the inhabitants of great britain, or the british isles, depending on who you ask. great britain alone is home to 3 nations, the united kingdom is comprised of 4 nations, each of them with distinct accents, all of which can be considered british. even within the same nation, one can find several distinct accents, and sometimes, even different regions of the same town have different accents. there isn't a "british accent", there are dozens

of course one can only classify a british accent as british when in comparison with a non-british accent, one woldn't classify cockney as british when compared to scotish accent, but that's beyond the point. when comparing british english with another version of english, or when in need to specify a regional version of english, the expression "british english" serves it's purpose. one cannot simply call it english and expect to exclude all other englishes, because all other versions of english are still english, and still fit the same category

Level 6
the british themselves are the inhabitants of great britain, or the british isles, depending on who you ask. great britain alone is home to 3 nations, the united kingdom is comprised of 4 nations, each of them with distinct accents, all of which can be considered british. even within the same nation, one can find several distinct accents, and sometimes, even different regions of the same town have different accents. there isn't a "british accent", there are dozens

of course one can only classify a british accent as british when in comparison with a non-british accent, one woldn't classify cockney as british when compared to scotish accent, but that's beyond the point. when comparing british english with another version of english, or when in need to specify a regional version of english, the expression "british english" serves it's purpose. one cannot simply call it english and expect to exclude all other englishes, because all other versions of english are still english, and still fit the same category

i see, you understood me) we can't say "british accent" but we can say "british accents"
btw i'm russian and if someone says i have russian accent of russian language i'll be offended)

Kas

Kas

Level 10

I see you haven't understood me.

I was talking only about the words "British Acsent". I don't know how to explain in few words. It's like French acsent of French language and Spanish acsent of Spanish language. I thought there would be no offence to anybody understanding me.

In this situation you may use word "expression" instead of "acsent")

Magtheridon96, in that case you can call it american acsent. americans, as i always believed, were not the first people to use the language, right? or i was fool and americans really created it?)
If they did, i have a reason for suicide

American accent belongs to Americans, who are former British people.

British accent belongs to British people, who are the original Americans.

Problem solved?
I mean, you can't say that Israelis and Arabs don't have distinguished accents, even though we have common ancestors. :|

212647-albums5262-picture56518.png

Level 17
Heh. A guy that cannot even spell 'accent' properly is talking about the nonsensical use of the term "British acsent". Amusing.

I tend to speak with something resembling American accent. Some British accents/dialects sound outright retarded to me. But I'm not even a native speaker, what do I know.

Kas

Kas

Level 10
ok ok guys look i dont care where anyone is from because i believe that all people are the same no matter where you where born (which is true) however i have something witch seems hard to understand.
how many of the users on this site are Asian? i want to know

i dont know how to respond to that exept with the Soviet response
All people are equal, but some are more equal than others

Level 18
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

[][][][][][
b][u][l][g][a][r][i][a][][][][][][]

Level 45
Lots of nationalists and patriots around here.
I don't see what's so great about supporting your country. After all, it's just another mass of land, among many others, and it's probably just as bad as the rest - At least in some parts. I am yet to hear of a country that has a good and proper government, that isn't corrupt in the slightest, and only does good decisions for it's citizens.

Level 2
Lots of nationalists and patriots around here.
I don't see what's so great about supporting your country. After all, it's just another mass of land, among many others, and it's probably just as bad as the rest - At least in some parts. I am yet to hear of a country that has a good and proper government, that isn't corrupt in the slightest, and only does good decisions for it's citizens.

In my opinion, country with non-corrupted government doesn't even exist in the entire world. What more, i think one of the worst (if not completely worst) governments is ours, Czech. Two of the only things that keep me supporting my country are our great history and splendid language. Did you know it's the third hardest language in all over the world? Of course not. Nobody knows about us, the Czech.