• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When you add so many features, units, abilities to your map and then everything goes out of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So I gave my hero 12 new abilities each with 4+ levels, and then balance completely broke.

I knew I should have added them one at a time, but I had so many ideas and I couldn't resist implementing them all at once.

What should I do now? How do I balance so many things all at once?

Perhaps i should nerf his abilties down to the ground.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
I'm not sure if this really belongs here, sounds something more map-related than world editor-related.
Anyway, this is a problem that some maps have where there are over a hundred features to make the map sound cool etc. Yet this "complexity" with the pure intent of pure complexity just ruins the map, in terms of balance and even thematic material.
Having ideas for your map is always good, but you need to check whether those ideas are redundant (if it is another way to achieve something, which isn't really needed), contradictory, how will they affect the overall gameplay (if the ideas just destroy the already existing strategies and removes player skill) and how you'll balance them out with the already existing features in the map.
Yes probably nerf those abilities and always remember to check what you already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.