• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

when will people realize the editors true name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
You can't just call something people don't want to call it. It's called the Galaxy Editor because Galaxy Editor sounds good. Starcraft II editor sounds lame. Therefore, we call it the Galaxy Editor. No one wants to call it the Starcraft II editor.

Level 10
It just happends that the .exe files is called "Starcraft Editor". Even in beta it was named this way. doesnt mean it's not "starcraft II galaxy editor". Blizzard is the one who came up with the name. Or u rather have it named. "Execute_File_Click_Twice_To_Open_And_Launch_GALAXY_Editor_for_the_game_starcraft_II.exe"

Level 27
andreasaspenberg, I think you're trolling. I mean we already had this discussion and everyone decided that it is Galaxy editor, Bllizard calls it that way, most of Hive too... so does it really matter that much? Can we please close this thread and never ever question should it be called GE or SC2E?

Level 27
You can call the Galaxy Editor whatever you want. I don't think any of us really care. Just stop posting about what we should call it.

Yes, you can't command others how to call things. Come on, nothing will change if you'll call dog "mammal", not dog. Well of course you might look iiane to other people then, but hell, most of SC2 modders know SC2E is also known as GE, so you won't look as complete weirdo and so there's no problem in calling it GE.

Level 4
I remember back in 2007 or 2008, Blizzard refered to the editor as SCUMEdit (Starcraft Custom User Map Editor or StarCraft User Map Editor). Anyways, looks like the name has been pulled down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.