• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whats against Protection? >Read this<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Heyyyyy... I have seen a lot of map protecting discissions and I can't agree the people who are against map protecting. Eh , I mean , you just protect for stealers and noobs that makes your map imba or something like this. Someone said that pro-gamers could break the protections. But they don't make it. I think pro-gamers are called pro-gamers because they know what they make and dont steal any map. Pro gamers would create a new better one or something else. So whats against protecting ? Noobs can't learn? Noobs should learn by themselves I think because they ask and ASK AND ASK AND ASK and it doesn't end when you reply their posts. I learned how to make maps by myself. Each day 1 hour.
( Ca 300 hours , but know I am going to learn jass codes , can clear cache now and I am able to make all kinds of maps )

GreetZ,
Da fuNNy Lord *lol* :wink:

Level 8
There are actually no unprotection scripts. It can be done, but noone does it anyway. Needs too much work.

Pro:
- Keeps Newbies from opening and altering your map <--- yes.
- It makes you feel smart <--- you are retard satomi
- Due to some deleted files the map is smaller <--- 25% usually
Cons:
- It's useless <--- hahaha, oh wow
- People cannot learn from your maps <--- join #peoplewhocare
- people lost the original copy of the map and cannot work on the protected ones <--- they deserve it
- As long as warcraft3 can open your map, anyone can. <--- but you can't lol
- Blizzard encourages people to open other maps to learn (see picture below) <--- join #peoplewhocare

FLAME AWAY

Level 40
but you can't lol

yes, you can, if you wish to spend a long time on it

Eh , I mean , you just protect for stealers and noobs

Open Map-Protecting

- People cannot learn from your maps <--- join #peoplewhocare

took me about 100 years to get started on wc3, cause i didnt really understand triggers, and i had no sources, bc they were freaking PROTECTED...

Level 8
>yes, you can, if you wish to spend a long time on it
Are you spending it? Then you can't.

>took me about 100 years to get started on wc3, cause i didnt really understand triggers
Then study some real programming language before trying to write scripts.

Level 8
But an unprotector won't work if you change the names of the triggers themselves... then again, that just makes it harder for people to learn from your map. but hell, it IS funny to think about someone getting acess to your map, trying to edit it, then realising that there is no way they could make sense of the trigger "A_0HAuM" because it calls on variables "V_HiANS1" and "R_LioNM1"

Level 6
Then study some real programming language before trying to write scripts.
this have absolutly nothing to do with it. You can know jass, but if you do not know warcraft functions and principes it is useless. It is need to experiment and learn from others. It is really hard to learn any programing withouth examples to learn from. And this is what map protecting killing.

Level 5
i'll give you one reason FOR map protecting that has no counterargument: my map is an RPG, and if i don't protect it then any noobcake can just open the map, make themselves an invincible character, run the map with a friend and save the character, and then completely break the map when he loads that character in a real game. everyone and their extended hillbilly family can do this, it is by no means hard to do, and the game will be completely ruined for everyone on bnet because every game (assuming people still want to play the map after this) will have at least one of these super-broken god characters.

if people don't like map protection, that's their business. but i just wish they would give better arguments against map protecting to support their opinion if they do choose to argue it...

Level 24
low-life, this is for you
dhk_undead_lord said:
Theres a UNPROTECTER in google findable. I used him.
You can unprotect ALL maps with him. I like him because he can break every protection.

Eh.... And he only need 3 seconds to unprotect a map.
uh, this means that he got it to work. recently i've been too hasty and making comments before reading the entire thread, or just skimming the thread. glad to see that i've been a bad influence on you.

Level 16
dhk_undead_lord said:
Theres a UNPROTECTER in google findable. I used him.
You can unprotect ALL maps with him. I like him because he can break every protection.

Eh.... And he only need 3 seconds to unprotect a map.

Why are u full of sh*t? You know that u are lying, but yet u do it. There is no such unprotector. There are unprotectors, but none of them unprot all types of protections, and give u clear gui triggers. NONE, that means zero unprotectors like that. There are some that give a big pile of jass codes, but only noobs like you use unprotectors, and a noob wouldnt have a clue about jass, so that makes your unprotecting totally useless.

Level 8
1) Me:
>This unprotectEr is ****. It doesn't work. :)

2) You:
>uh, this means that he got it to work. recently i've been too hasty and making comments before reading the entire thread, or just skimming the thread. glad to see that i've been a bad influence on you.

Time paradox? They're supposed to be in different order. I don't know what he unprotected, and if he did unprotect anythig at all. Crack dota, then we're talking.

Level 6
low-life: When I start with warcraft, I was already using 2 programing languages (+pascal, but it is useless so I do not count it) and belive me, it have nothing to do with triggers (and there is sligth differences betwen pearl, C, php, pascal and many other languages and JASS).
I have learned many from other maps (and never riped that maps nor s), tolen anythingand from time when map protecting became fashional Im happy I already know what I need. But there is many people who does not and it is unfair to them (especially if someone ask something easy and instead answer receive posts like "WTF u NOOB" or "roflolomfg" or "it wld b best if u shot urself")

Level 8
Why are u full of sh*t? You know that u are lying, but yet u do it. There is no such unprotector. There are unprotectors, but none of them unprot all types of protections, and give u clear gui triggers. NONE, that means zero unprotectors like that. There are some that give a big pile of jass codes, but only noobs like you use unprotectors, and a noob wouldnt have a clue about jass, so that makes your unprotecting totally useless.

I learned jass. Months before I were angry because I can't understand the things they make in jass. Now I am able to create medium jass triggers , and I already saw a way to redo the protect function.. But its to much work for only one person. And I am currently at my new map.

Level 6
low-life said:
You don't need to look at lots of maps to undrestand how things work. I learned everything from warchasers map, back then when there were no other maps.
Then I understand your opinion about map protecting. But there is many things witch you can not learn from it (game cache, dialogs, use of dummies etc.)

Level 6
low-life said:
Just open .j file and read it ifyou're so desperate about it. You're most probably able to because you know two programming languages.

I simply do not need it, or at least I do not want to spent time on it (and it is actually 3 useable languages:] I like off topic)

But it is bit...immoral to make mapmaking something for "elite" only. WorldEdit was been created to make mapmaking accesible for everyone and map protecting is directly against it
In other words - if you can break in others maps and understand their codes you are most times skilled enough to make your own. If you are skilled enough to make your own, you can brake in, rip the map and do exactly that what author want to prevent by protection.
What is from it? Map protecting has only positive in lowering filesize. It can come in hand. But personaly I prefer to make unprotected maps or at least release both protected (smaller) and unprotected versions

Why? Because I want people begining with mapmaking to be able to learn as fast as they can and lower then spaming like "how could I make spell like...". If I make unprotected maps, everyone can rip it. Its shame, but there is ways to prove witch map is original and witch not. If I protect it, noone can learn anything and few people can rip it.

Level 45
people would most likly steal/mod maps and protect them, or protect them and they would have stolen stuff in it, and if you people really want a map protected you'd do the obvious and read the rules,dl the protecting programs here and shut the hell up.

But maps are open resources for people to learn, and they shouldnt be protected, and there shouldnt be dam stealing ####### in this world.

Level 8
OKAY.

I want to make a cool site, but i don't know php. Why oh why isn't darky releasing source ofthis server. Immoral! Slowing down php developers all over the world! oh darky you little fuсk.

There are no "immoral" things, and there's nothing wrong in not sharing information if you're it's only owner.

Also, most of people who spam "how could I" wouldn't be able to do it, even if they had source.

Level 6
low-life: bad example. Websites are NOT opensource at all - wc3 maps ARE.
There is only some opensource products, like phpBB (this forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.