• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you dislike about Hive Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Having users being able to mark their threads as Solved would be chaotic, there's already quite a few wrongly-prefixed threads, and I'd take a guess and say that even those who prefix their thread correctly don't quite know what we intend with having prefixes, thus they'd not know when to mark their thread.

Level 17
Having users being able to mark their threads as Solved would be chaotic, there's already quite a few wrongly-prefixed threads, and I'd take a guess and say that even those who prefix their thread correctly don't quite know what we intend with having prefixes, thus they'd not know when to mark their thread.

Even with a button ?
Meh, i can't believe someone could use the tag [solved] when it's not solved ...

But i suppose it was the sad truth, dumb world ...

Level 2
-now i can use chat
but i couldn't use it before , getting message .. something like (you will have to wait for a while before start using chat) even it doesn't mention if i need certain number of posts or you should be a member for XX day ..

-i can't rate maps/models .. and i'll have to wait 10 days to start rating . why ?

-you have a bookmarks bar , could you add sharing button ( facebook , twitter , google+)
specially in map's download page and if only the approved maps that would be great .
that's all .
P.S. wonderful site / community / mods / ponies / trolls

Normally, webmasters tend to take down their site for months putting up an "under construction" sign on the front page, and you're not able to use the site in the meantime.

Only shitty sites does that. It really isn't very hard to have the main server and then have a test-server you use for upgrades, testing new features, etc. I'd like to say that would be standard for sites of a certain size, but who knows, there's plenty of morons to go around, perhaps a lot of people don't use test-servers while an upgrade is under construction.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
There should be delay before new user can actually give rep/rate anything and especialy: give vote on contest's poll. I'm sure you know that such issues happen pretty ofen.

Other things:

Hive's resource panel isn't eye-candy and to be honest you have to look for a while (if you are new) to get where it's located.
hatethread.png

Wc3C.net has good example of good looking panel, take a look:
hatethread1.png

^Everything is clear and those are.. BUTTONS!!! Although darker colors should be used for hive. As you can see, in hive's there are just two lines of keywords, nothing fancy. Ralle could even use the font used in contests to make it even more fun.

This part of panel is quite good and don't touch it:
hatethread2.png

It's smooth and, tbh it's just for user - let it stay stylish as it is now.

However, contests news aren't noticeable (like the resource panel), look at it:
hatethread3.png

When I'm looking on site, there is nothing for my eye to stop on this part for a while. Contests names should be written in this cool font (used for contests and most important new anyways), meaby mix the colors a bit for differend types contest-types.

The word at the top of it ('Notices') isn't noticable at all. Let it be biggest and fancy.

Level 18
Other things:

Hive's resource panel isn't eye-candy and to be honest you have to look for a while (if you are new) to get where it's located.
hatethread.png
Wc3C.net has good example of good looking panel, take a look:
hatethread1.png
^Everything is clear and those are.. BUTTONS!!! Although darker colors should be used for hive. As you can see, in hive's there are just two lines of keywords, nothing fancy. Ralle could even use the font used in contests to make it even more fun.

Personally I think the best way to solve that issue would be to add small related icons next to the links. That way the navigation wouldn't take up more screen space than necessary, which if you ask me is the case for wc3c.net (although that's mostly because of the large header image).

Contests names should be written in this cool font (used for contests and most important new anyways), meaby mix the colors a bit for differend types contest-types.

If you're referring to the one I'm thinking of it's not a web-safe font and wouldn't work well on a small size.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
The theme style the Hive currently uses is the (very) old theme from Wc3sear.ch

The new and improved theme styles should be up soon enough thus providing our users with a community environment that is appealing to the eye and should make every fan of the Blizzard franchise (be it Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo) feel right at home, regardless of which game he/she supports.

All suggestions and ideas are read by the Hive administration team. We take every suggestion into account. Take notice, we intend to take as much time developing the new and improved Hive as is necessary to ensure the site meets our own high expectations and those of our users.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
The theme style the Hive currently uses is the (very) old theme from Wc3sear.ch

The new and improved theme styles should be up soon enough thus providing our users with a community environment that is appealing to the eye and should make every fan of the Blizzard franchise (be it Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo) feel right at home, regardless of which game he/she supports.

All suggestions and ideas are read by the Hive administration team. We take every suggestion into account. Take notice, we intend to take as much time developing the new and improved Hive as is necessary to ensure the site meets our own high expectations and those of our users.
Thats great to know that administrators and those who are responsible for site are reading the suggestions/opinions from common members. You probably don't know how much I appreciate such fact.

If I could add something:
Enlarge Sc2 section.

- It's small (yeah I know that there aren't much ppl playing with sc editor yet), but let it don't fall to sc2c.org or any site like that. You know what happened to wc3c (thehelper's wc3 is pretty much dead too). The bad thing they did is that they slit up the sites (one for sc2 one for wc3), basically leaving the old one for 100% death.

I hope hive won't make such mistake. Right now 80% site is the Wacraft3 - and let it be, let it stay in it's glory. But don't forgot that the future lies in Sc2, and site can get +10 years of life if it supports the 'future' as it should.
I'm glad for what DSG is doing, without him hive's sc2 part wouldn't be in shape it is right now.. and keep it going.

Level 1
The only thing I "dislike", so-to-speak, is good members (or moderators) leaving the Hive. Their contribution won't be forgotten but I think it's a shame that their accounts now gather dust. People leave > account still there = Brilliance is now but a shell...an empty...shell.

Level 34
I dislike mostly moderators who are violate breaking rules.
For example, one months ago I saw moderator arguing FEW HOURS about religion. I wont say names.
But can you imagine how idiotically looks like when you see chat moderator who is supposed to enforce rules actually breaks them?
I know for this because I was arguing with that moderator. From 1Am to 4AM or 5AM! Actually we were few on that ,,conversation" but I am talking about myself now.
Instead of telling us to stop arguing about religious stuffs because it is forbidden by site rules, he even started it all! And keep arguing few hours about that. If moderators do that, then you can expect what users can.
I have also seen moderator spamming something (repeating same sentence few times in chat), then user followed him in same spam, repeating his sentence few times too, and got kicked from that moderator. First chat moderator spammed, then user spammed and got kicked from same moderator, for spamming!
But those are only things which I dislike here.

Level 17
@Ramza,
It's not forbidden - it's just one of those topics that can only lead to a flame war when you argue/debate about it.

Level 34
And flame wars are forbidden. And 90% of those religious aruging/debating leads to moderator's attention and reporting posts.
Basically this is what happened: Religious persons A and B tried to convince and explain to non-religious persons C and D that God exists, and Angels and Demons and such, still they did not show any valid proof just non sense arguing where were involved topics such as reality, science hallucinations, middle century, and all those were mixed with religions around all world, and leaded to nothing but 4 hours active arguing. And after all time, nobody convinced nobody.
My point, for that time moderators should test out resources, checking forums or such, not wasting time about non sense arguing giving up very bad example to community and especially new registered people. I wonder that people want to see moderators on charge arguing few hours about religion.Such behaviors should not happen here.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
What stands between adding more chat moderators?

Most people meaby don't estimate Chat moders in case there is nothing special for them to do.
Nothing special - thats big mistake. Personaly I think that it should be the most commond and important moderator type.

Ofcourse, problem with responsibility may still occur, although more chat moders can catch up those you aren't reliable.

Level 26
Some idiot kept deleting my Tassadar's sacrifice signature image and the title I gave to Archian has been erased for some (stupid) reason. So, one of the things I dislike: people messing with things I do, mostly when it's job-related and/or deliberately and without me getting a message about it.

that sounds curiously familiar.

my complaints are somewhat in that vein as well! just hate it when people mess with my stuff without notification.

not that that happens much on the hive these days. nope, nothing major to complain about.

I dislike people asking for extensions in contests/challenges.

oh wait. that. dunno how people manage to take 3 weeks to make a single skin to begin with. just plain madness that

Status
Not open for further replies.