• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Today I celebrated my dad's birthday with whole family. But his brithday was yesterday, but it was only me and my mom who celebrated him. I played a lot of Ipod games at way home.

EDIT: Added a thing what I have done at home. =3
I learned to build custom stuff for my Wow private server. It was fun, I gonna create the biggest town ever.

Last edited:
Level 7
Today, my brother and I tried desperately to setup an Ethernet connection between our computers to no avail.

We also didn't eat much for some reason (maybe it was the heat? We had the air conditioners on...).

And I just now typed this up. No clue where to put it:
Methods of Scoring:

Control Points - Capture points of interest on the map by either killing them (the easy way) or by having more units than the opponent in an area to get a bar to fill up to a certain color (the 2-player-totally-not-taken-from-guild-wars-what-are-you-talking-about way).
Kill things - Including opponents, monsters, the enemy spawn point(s), the moon, etc.
Capture the flag/obliguitory-other-object - yup.
GTFO - or t... yeah, wrong way around.

Neat perks, details, shenanigans:

=> All Maps <=

- You do not need 100000 goddamn levels for a 30 minute game. >.<"
- A million heroes would be nice, but if they turn into clones of the opponents, or even other heroes on their own team... scrap 'em.
- Adding cheap tomes will cause Agility based heroes (or any hero, due to the way Agility works) to become "imbalanced". Be careful.
- When you get close to finishing your map, feel free to start turning "Map Boundary on top of Dirt/Grass/Snow" into "Map Boundary behind Rock Wall/Regular Wall/Cliff/Barricade/Broken Bridge" or something.
- I am biased towards a lower level count from having played Guild Wars. Seriously though, do you really need 100 levels for 5 abilities?
- Canned heroes can have surprising plot twists, while original heroes can become canned. Sucks, don't it?
- I'd complain about swearing, but then I remember the game got a Teen Rating. Just, try to tone it down, and remember, "It Makes Sense In Context" (thank you, TVTropes).
- Those are some sweet BTNs! Too bad the green screen comes out when the game's paused (or while I'm waiting for the ability to cooldown [or, while I'm waiting to be unSilenced]).
- Aw man, that's one cool item, too bad there's a cheaper one exactly like it TWO SHELVES AWAY! Jeez... Oh... My hero can't equip that type... darn... No refunds? What? What. WHAT?!?

=> Push (AoS/DoTA) / Control Point <=

- Have reinforcements appear from *gasp* BEHIND the base! :-O Subsequently, have "special order" units appear in the wave *AFTER* the next (to show for travel time).
- Sci-Fi maps can make use of Drop Ships / Transport Choppers to drop infantry, and heavier carriers for artillery. As a bonus, have a capturable base in the center, and allow Drop Ships/Choppers to drop closer to that.

=> RPG <=

- Your Save/Load system is nice and all, but... I don't have a good internet connection, so when you prevent me from saving the normal way... I know, I know, "host a darn bot". Sorry, I don't want to use 3rd party tools if I can help it.
- Um... Where exactly am I supposed to go exactly? I keep starting in the middle of town, with no sense of direction- Somehow, that is different from starting in the middle of nowhere with no sense of direction.
- Why does everyone want me to do their chores for them without any good excuse for not being able to do now raocow?
- Ok, so I complained about grinding earlier. Why must I kill a bajillion rabbits to become king of the hobbits?

=> Escapes <=

- This is not directed at 'every' one, but really, do I really need to escape on dirt tiles while dodging fluffy sheep-trolls? Whilst staring at the black void around me? I think Blizzard made floating rocks. You could at least disable their pathing (set it to 'None), make 'em walkable, and place them about here and there.
- It's not about having BAWLZ Energy Drink or Extreme Gut(ter)z of (fake) Steel. It's about being able to withstand your cheap hits you I Wanna Be The Guy Wannabe. (Again, not directed at every one, just some.)

=> Fan-Games <=

- We know there wasn't a good place for your fanfic, but... Oh, you're actually trying to make a good map. Well, uh, carry on then.

Man, not much happened today... :cry:

Icoria

I

Icoria

I talked with Tankeh and did the caramelldansen, and then annoyed people in my house by putting it on replay and singing it out loud >:D

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Terminated all of my projects except CoTC which was paused.
Began brainstorming about a TOP SECRET secret thing that only Luffy, Narrator, Arthas_King, Centurion, darkslayer, and myself know about.

PM'd more than I ever have since joining THW.
Passed 1.1k posts!!!!!!!

Level 11
Got Civilization IV yesterday and while wasting my whole day playing it,i am doing the same thing today :))
The only thing i hate is that i always get unhealthy in my starting city and unhappiness cuz ,,it's too crowded":goblin_jawdrop: and i dunno how to fix that :ogre_frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.