• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you change in your country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I was talking about the replay where u have answer the question "who needs walls when u have land mines".
Get it?
I still do not understand what you are asking. I never posted any kind of "replay". Everything I write I try to put in my own words, unless it is a quote in which case it is in the words of the source. I also try to avoid repeating myself unless there is a misunderstanding as to the meaning of what I said previously.

Remove the ignorance of the general populace.
I guess that can apply to all countries sadly.

Level 9
I would change this: (xd)
ft-meme-maduro-5.png

Level 6
JLandmines mostly maim people rather than killing them outright. This results in a long term drop in productivity from affected individuals.
The point of war is to deplete the resources of the enemy. You probably aren't gonna have an infinite flow of medical and/or psychological treatment for everything, and corpses don't really need much medical attention. So that means 2 things, both of which are wins.

• Horribly maimed soldier(s), no longer fit for combat.
  • Psychologically maimed soldiers, because you have a chance that the psychologically maimed soldier will go apeshit on their comrades, or even attempt to frag.

Level 15
Reset the non alignment policy, followed by leaving the EU.

Bring back the mandatory draft.

Increase foreign aid.

Stop accepting refugees from the middle east, but if people still insist they may hand pick women and children (no men over the age of 16) from the camps down there and bring them over.

Stop subisidizing political parties that get over 4% of the vote. If their voters can't be bothered to finance their activities their legitmacy stand in question.

Decriminalize drug use. Oh while we're at it, abolishing laws based on morality, we could decriminalize prostitution.

Bring back life sentences for murder (the current limit is between 20 and 30 years but it is technically possible to never be released, if they keep pushing up your release hearings.)

Increase the mandatory prison time for crimes such as rape, sexual abuse of minors, pedophilia, assault, aggravated assault, bodily injury, creating danger to another, disregard for anothers life, etc.

I'd look into the whole marriage and familty situation, not sure what I'd change though.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Trump's Free America will always welcome a sane thinking fellow like you.
Only if you bring lots of money with you of course. Otherwise get lost as he does not want more poor people in his country. Unless you are willing to work insanely hard for below minimum wage of course but I guess he needs his slaves in some form or other.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You basically said "Trump needs rich people and he needs poor people too."
I said he needs really rich people (millions of dollars and more), and really poor people (willing to work for 90c a day). For most people who do not fit into those categories (almost everyone in Europe) America does not want you unless you are a tourist and only spending money and not staying permanently.

Level 19
There is nothing much wrong with my country.... so I would just try and maybe increase more intensive for small businesses since most of us here in the UK are lazy bastards.

I was shocked when one of my friends revealed he doesn't share the same believes I have on making money.

That you make money so that you can afford to make more money to eventually conquer and rule the world.

He believes that you make money to build a career and earn just enough to live!!!!

That was totally devastating, I felt like this....
iu

and going on an Macbeth trip

"
The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe top-full
Of direst cruelty. Make thick my blood.
Stop up the access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of nature
Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between
The effect and it! Come to my man breasts,
And take my milk for gall, you murd'ring ministers,
Wherever in your sightless substances
You wait on nature’s mischief. Come, thick night,
And pall thee in the dunnest smoke of hell,
That my keen knife see not the wound it makes,
Nor heaven peep through the blanket of the dark
To cry “Hold, hold!”
"

Or worst I felt suicidal "Is this a dagger which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? or art thou but
A dagger of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from the heat-oppressed brain?
I see thee yet, in form as palpable
As this which now I draw.
Thou marshall'st me the way that I was going;
And such an instrument I was to use.
Mine eyes are made the fools o' the other senses,
Or else worth all the rest; I see thee still,
And on thy blade and dudgeon gouts of blood,
Which was not so before. There's no such thing:
It is the bloody business which informs
Thus to mine eyes. Now o'er the one halfworld
Nature seems dead, and wicked dreams abuse
The curtain'd sleep"

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How the fuck is that even supposed to make sense?
Only applies to certain types of employment. You must also remember that to cut corporate tax he will be raising private tax to make up the deficit so those people will be paying more of their income in tax, even if the minimum wage is raised. Also since cheap imports will not be allowed the cost of everything will raise (inflation) so that money per hour will get you far less than currently.

Level 19
ha

Glad I'm not American

there is a prophesy about this from nostradomas

when Obama was still campaigning they through it in his face but I think it fits more to Trump

'in the twentieth millennium, the village idiot will rule over a nation of great power, and catastrophe will follow that will doom the whole world'

You will have to Google it to find the proper text, but that's how I remember it.

Level 35
Only applies to certain types of employment. You must also remember that to cut corporate tax he will be raising private tax to make up the deficit so those people will be paying more of their income in tax, even if the minimum wage is raised. Also since cheap imports will not be allowed the cost of everything will raise (inflation) so that money per hour will get you far less than currently.

What legally sanctioned "certain type of employment" pays 90 cents an hour in the United States, DSG? I love it that most of the time someone is trying to critique Trump, they make up stuff that only exists in their own dream world but never has been and never will be a factor in the U.S., or a part of Trump's campaign.

Also, while some middle-class families may need to pay more tax (analysts expect them to be three-children families and single parent families, which yeah, sucks for like 8 million people), MOST middle-class families and low / high-income families will actually have to pay less tax (which means less tax for like what... 315 million people?)

"Cheap imports will not be allowed"..... dude WHAT?

Trump's planning to keep production and jobs in the U.S. and is planning to tax those companies which outsource production, he also may raise the import tax, but that doesn't fucking mean he'll ban "cheap imports." With lowered private / business tax and more jobs in the U.S., people will have more money to spend and will stimulate consumption of domestic goods (as well as foreign!), which in turn stimulates the revenue of domestic companies as well, which might expand and create more jobs, which in turn will provide more liquidity to the economy, and so on. More people will earn more and spend more, which will offset any inflation that may arise. Inflation is NOT a bad thing as long as it's under control, bro.

Seriously DSG, I sometimes feel that you only try to argue in basically every thread to increase your post count.

Last edited:
Level 6
Nothing as this is 2016. Even those 1970 warheads are still more than enough to assure you of no attack. No need to spend more than any other country on military, especially per capita, like the U.S.A. does. Far better to spend it on something that actually benefits your people like healthcare, education or even the justice system.
Well, back to this. I am sorry to be one to inform you, but that is illegal, per Protocol V of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, Article II. They fall into the category of UXO (UnExploded Ordnance).

Level 6
Maybe you meant occupied? Japan is one of the biggest economies in the world and until recently had practically no military. It has not been occupied since the end of World War II after it surrendered. Germany is in a similar situation where military spending is low and it has not been occupied since reunification at the end of the Cold War in 1989.
Sorry, sweetcheeks, but things like the LaWS, ADS, PHASR, and EMG exist now. Energy weapons no longer exist only in sci-fi. ADAPTIV heat camouflage armor exists. Laser-guided sniper rounds. Hypersonic missiles, salt bombs, dirty bombs. ATLAS. The world isn't as safe as it used to be. For fuck's sake, Russia has orbit-hopper bombers and anti-satellite missiles that can intercept a NUCLEAR WARHEAD. Things are changing, DSG, and it will whether we like it or not. Warfare has evolved, and the Geneva Convention will damn likely need improvements before 2020.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

the capped internet

I feel like its a bit of a rip off some how, even though it's not
Haha, I was a bit surprised to learn that it's unusual to offer unlimited data plans. One thing I wouldn't change.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Trump's planning to keep production and jobs in the U.S. and is planning to tax those companies which outsource production, he also may raise the import tax, but that doesn't fucking mean he'll ban "cheap imports." With lowered private / business tax and more jobs in the U.S., people will have more money to spend and will stimulate consumption of domestic goods (as well as foreign!), which in turn stimulates the revenue of domestic companies as well, which might expand and create more jobs, which in turn will provide more liquidity to the economy, and so on. More people will earn more and spend more, which will offset any inflation that may arise. Inflation is NOT a bad thing as long as it's under control, bro.
That is what he is selling. Most economists say it will not work like that.

If he taxes imports, all foreign goods become more expensive, such as a lot of the goods used by consumers in the USA. Even if not directly, it will increase the cost of manufacturing indirectly as forigen imports are involved in a lot of manufacturing supply chains. It will also mean USA exports crash because other countries will respond to these unfair tariffs by taxing goods from the USA so USA based companies will outsource production from the USA to regional factories outside the USA to get around this. Let us not forget that places like the EU and China might out right block all USA imports as they do not like being told what to do.

Sure some people in the USA will earn more. A lot will not and instead they will have less buying power due to goods becoming more expensive. The reason manufacturing is being outsourced from the USA in the first place is that it is expensive to make goods in the USA. This need not have anything to do with cooperate tax, its just that costs of living in the USA are high so where as in India or Bangladesh you can hire 10 or 15 people, in the USA you can only hire 1 so need to spend 15 times as much on labour.

In any case there will not be all those jobs he promised. Instead of having clothing manufactured at a plant in Bangladesh by 2,000 people, they will make the clothing in the USA in a fully automated plant employing just 10 people with 1,990 people still having no job in the USA. To combat the rise in manufacturing costs industries will look to automation. Even the automation industry will not employ that many people.

He cannot even reopen the unprofitable coal mines with the subsidies one assumes he planned. The USA is still locked into the Paris climate agreement until at least 2020, so they cannot just leave without incurring the wrath of so many nations.

Well, back to this. I am sorry to be one to inform you, but that is illegal, per Protocol V of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons, Article II. They fall into the category of UXO (UnExploded Ordnance).
So per capita military spending is part of unexploded ordnance? You are not making much sense...

Sorry, sweetcheeks, but things like the LaWS, ADS, PHASR, and EMG exist now. Energy weapons no longer exist only in sci-fi. ADAPTIV heat camouflage armor exists. Laser-guided sniper rounds. Hypersonic missiles, salt bombs, dirty bombs. ATLAS. The world isn't as safe as it used to be. For fuck's sake, Russia has orbit-hopper bombers and anti-satellite missiles that can intercept a NUCLEAR WARHEAD. Things are changing, DSG, and it will whether we like it or not. Warfare has evolved, and the Geneva Convention will damn likely need improvements before 2020.
No country has the capability of shooting down the number of nuclear weapons either Russia or the USA own. Sure they can shoot down some, but we are literally talking thousands of missiles in the air, each traveling at well beyond super sonic speed.

The USA does not need more nuclear missiles. It just needs to update/replace the ones it has as they are end of life anyway.

The USA really does not need to spend as much on military as it does. If they cut it down a lot, but not enough that they lose their biggest military spending title, then they would have so much money to help the average person in America. Free health care, less tax, all that kind of thing for everyone living in the USA if they just cut their military spending by a fraction.

The USA spends 600 billion dollars a year on defence. The second biggest spender, China, only spends equivalently 200 billion dollars, which is a third of the USA.

To put it in perspective, the UK spends 120 billion pounds on the NHS which is free health care for 65 million people with a huge amount of inefficiency. If the USA was to drop all military spending they could give everyone on the street completely free healthcare, and this is not just Obama care it is care that means they pay 0 and keep all their current health care spending to spend on whatever they want. Even if they reduced their spending by half, the freed money could do so much for the people of the USA without affecting their ability to defend themselves at all as they would still be the biggest military spender.

To put it in perspective, Russia spends 1/10th of the money the USA does on defence. The fact the USA even feels threatened by them is either them admitting how inefficient their defence is or that Russians just are so much better at defence than the USA.

a23e5b6addb1aef15321a71824880cd4.png

Last edited:
Level 6
So per capita military spending is part of unexploded ordnance? You are not making much sense...
You stated that the warheads from the 1970's were enough to keep other countries from fucking with us, but NOPE. As I said, they are banned from any and all use in warfare.

No country has the capability of shooting down the number of nuclear weapons either Russia or the USA own. Sure they can shoot down some, but we are literally talking thousands of missiles in the air, each traveling at well beyond super sonic speed.
Russia and America DO, as a matter of fact. These missiles, hypothetically, could be used to destroy massive amounts of land, rendering it uninhabitable for all, before people monitoring the nuclear launches could even give the order to retaliate.

The USA does not need more nuclear missiles. It just needs to update/replace the ones it has as they are end of life anyway.
America does, as a matter of face, need more nuclear projectiles. Russia has missiles capable of doubling, maybe even tripling the speed of sound. They can nuke us from space. We need more nuclear projectiles to ensure that there is evidence of a strong enough counterattack to deem it more hazardous to their own citizens than to Americans.
America really does not need to spend as much on military as it does. If they cut it down a lot, but not enough that they lose their biggest military spending title, then they would have so much money to help the average person in America. Free health care, less tax, all that kind of thing for everyone living in the USA if they just cut their military spending by a fraction.
I honestly can't disagree too much there, but we do need to maintain our military spending. We have fallen behind, not only in the nuclear arms race, but in several others, too. Russia has made UCGV called the URAN-9. It can chew right through anything short of a damn tank's armor. What would be smarter would to employ Marvin Heemeyer tactics. The governor had pretty much 3 options: an AH-64 Apache attack helicopter equipped with a AGM-114 Hellfire missile, a two-man fire team equipped with a FGM-148 Javelin anti tank missile, or to wait. Explosives could not crack open his armored bulldozer, a foot of armor in some places.

The USA spends 600 billion dollars a year on defence. The biggest spender, China, only spends equivalently 200 billion dollars, which is a third of the USA.
We do, as a matter of fact, need that 600 billion to be spent on defense, because, unlike China, which has shipping exports to practically everywhere, America wouldn't be missed by some.

To put it in perspective, the UK spends 120 billion pounds on the NHS which is free health care for 65 million people with a huge amount of inefficiency. If the USA was to drop all military spending they could give everyone on the street completely free healthcare, and this is not just Obama care it is care that means they pay 0 and keep all their current health care spending to spend on whatever they want. Even if they reduced their spending by half, the freed money could do so much for the people of the USA without affecting their ability to defend themselves at all as they would still be the biggest military spender.
America can't simply DROP the fucking MILITARY! Are you insane?! The question should go unanswered, for fuck's sake! The military is too valuable. Without a single branch, we might manage. No military, AT ALL? You're fucking insane

To put it in perspective, Russia spends 1/10th of the money the USA does on defence. The fact the USA even feels threatened by them is either them admitting how inefficient their defence is or that Russians just are so much better at defence than the USA.
The disproportionality is because Russia spend the money more efficiently than America, and because it is 61 rubles and 27 kopeks to a single USD. Another thing applies:

Offence is the best defense.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You stated that the warheads from the 1970's were enough to keep other countries from fucking with us, but NOPE. As I said, they are banned from any and all use in warfare.
Banned does not mean they cannot be used. There is a reason why the USA keeps them maintained...

Russia and America DO, as a matter of fact. These missiles, hypothetically, could be used to destroy massive amounts of land, rendering it uninhabitable for all, before people monitoring the nuclear launches could even give the order to retaliate.
Yet you said...
For fuck's sake, Russia has orbit-hopper bombers and anti-satellite missiles that can intercept a NUCLEAR WARHEAD.
So either they cannot intercept them or they can...

America does, as a matter of face, need more nuclear projectiles. Russia has missiles capable of doubling, maybe even tripling the speed of sound. They can nuke us from space. We need more nuclear projectiles to ensure that there is evidence of a strong enough counterattack to deem it more hazardous to their own citizens than to Americans.
No, the USA just needs better nuclear missiles not more of them. The USA already has 3 times the number needed to completely destroy the planet. If they were to reduce their number by 2/3 but update them to the latest tech then they would be far more effective than multiplying the current number by 3.

We have fallen behind, not only in the nuclear arms race, but in several others, too.
The USA has only itself to blame. If a country with under a tenth of its spending can threaten them they are doing something seriously wrong. Russia only spends slightly more than the UK on defence and the UK barely has any military capabilities anymore.

Russia has made UCGV called the URAN-9. It can chew right through anything short of a damn tank's armor.
The USA makes tons of state of the art aerial drones which are capable of delivering precision strikes with minimal and stealth like profile. They are even looking into intelligent drones which do all the targeting themselves (no human operator).

Explosives could not crack open his armored bulldozer, a foot of armor in some places.
You are underestimating military technology. No amount of armor is safe. The USA, UK and such countries possess cruise missiles that can penetrate several meters of concrete.

We do, as a matter of fact, need that 600 billion to be spent on defense, because, unlike China, which has shipping exports to practically everywhere, America wouldn't be missed by some.
Even if it is halved, no one will still be able to invade.

America can't simply DROP the fucking MILITARY! Are you insane?! The question should go unanswered, for fuck's sake! The military is too valuable. Without a single branch, we might manage. No military, AT ALL? You're fucking insane
I was putting the spending in perspective. As the graph shows the military spending is "fucking insane".

The disproportionality is because Russia spend the money more efficiently than America, and because it is 61 rubles and 27 kopeks to a single USD. Another thing applies:
The graph assumes dollar values spent. It is the USAs problem if they are inefficient.

Level 6
@Dr Super Good I just can't even deal with this shit rn. Some of the shit you're saying.... I honestly can not fathom that a sane, rational human being can believe what you do. Some of your questions should go unanswered.
You are underestimating military technology. No amount of armor is safe. The USA, UK and such countries possess cruise missiles that can penetrate several meters of concrete.
Are you serious with this utter bullshit?! A fucking cruise missile. Launched at a zone with friendly soldiers in it. You really don't know what you're talking about, do you...?

Level 19
oh I would get rid of the silly laws that protect criminals

if someone breaks into my house I should be allowed to turn them into my own person slave and exercise my right to try every experiment torture on them that I desire

At the moment, legally you are only allowed to use the same level of threat that the thief uses on you. If they present a knife you aren't allowed to use your gun because legally the court can argue that the thief had little or no chance of killing you with the knife, therefore you murdered him and you can make no claim of self defence.

That is screwed up, but there is one positive to it. It means legally you are allowed to therefore steal from your thief and the courts can't do a damn thing about it. If they break into your house and instead of killing them you follow them home and steal everything they own, legally (if the cops don't arrest you first) you can load up all their possessions in a van and keep/sell it and the courts can't charge you for theft.

This has been demonstrated in cases where people were mugged here in the UK, and the mugger became the victim. What happened is a mugger attacked someone, but the victim of the attack over powered them and stole the thief's wallet. How is that for ironic revenge?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Someone necroed this but oh well...
DSG, you realize the U.S. federal minimum wage is $7,25 an hour, and Trump's been campaigning with promising a raise, don't you, mate? How the fuck is that even supposed to make sense?
DSG from the future says hi. 2021 and a full presidency of Trump later and yup, same minimum wage of $7.25 from what I can tell. During his presidency the inflation that occurred, some of which he may have caused, has further reduced the buying power of that $7.25. Trump's America was great?!

Anyway on a more serious and related note... If you want to see a country that could really do with change, check out South Africa at the moment. It is/was literally an apocalypse there over the last few days. I know many people there and hope they are alright.

Level 2
Lower your taxes.
Allow the use of all substances, including those currently banned.
Abolish state funding of the church.
Dismiss 2/3 officials

Level 35
Someone necroed this but oh well...

DSG from the future says hi. 2021 and a full presidency of Trump later and yup, same minimum wage of $7.25 from what I can tell. During his presidency the inflation that occurred, some of which he may have caused, has further reduced the buying power of that $7.25. Trump's America was great?!

Anyway on a more serious and related note... If you want to see a country that could really do with change, check out South Africa at the moment. It is/was literally an apocalypse there over the last few days. I know many people there and hope they are alright.
Zombie from the future says: Trump has made a lot of shitty promises during his campaign that he hasn't kept. Overall, he was an extremely inept president and altogether a huge disappointment to most of whom supported him.

The little stuff he did - which has really been very little, he fulfilled like 1% of his promises - has been cancelled by Joe Biden in a few days.

The only thing I'm grateful to him is that he didn't start any new wars, but even in that area, Biden seems to be ahead of him, who's actively looking to end US military interventions across the Middle East.

Anyway, altogether, the United States only became a shittier prace during the Trump presidency and he did very little to prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.