1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What would you change in your country?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlueSaint, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    1: move capital to a more defendable location. It's on the coastline, for gods sake.
    2: ENFORCE THE LAWS. We don't need slacking police officers not learning the manual.
    3: Reinforce the economy.
    4: Stricter P.T. in the military. We need people that won't fuck around and accidentally off themselves.
    5: Upgrade our nuclear arms. We need to pose a threat to potential hostiles, so they don't fuck with our embassies or tourists.
    6: Increase military funding.
    7: Reboot the Green Berets. We don't need any cowboys in there. We need veterans and the elitest of the elite.
    8: Crack down on the drug problem in particular.
    9: Kill abortion unless it is absolutely necessary. Just... Just kill it with fire.
    10: The voting system. We can all vote for, say, a Republican and have our Electoral go Independent. Our votes need to matter.
    11: Increase morale and standards. In Vietnam, our soldiers called the medals "rat shit" because of how cheap they were.
    12: Make the elite become the normal. "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle!" - John J. Pershing

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    Land mine detectors. Engineers. Guns. These all either find, disarm, or blow up landmines remotely.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just because Donald Trump said it does not mean it will work. Nuclear arms are both the ultimate and worst deterrent because the reality is that under no situation can they ever be used. They are also empty threats against people already armed with them. Nukes from the 1970s are as good as nukes from 2016 when fired from a close range strategic sub.

Surely spending it on productive activities would be better? Such as improving healthcare, education or even justice system which would solve a lot more on the list. In worst case it would mean lower taxes which is win for everyone.

I am pretty sure there are bigger problems than abortion. There are already certain cut-off dates, at least in most countries, after which abortions are no longer allowed due to the baby being far too developed. The human body aborts a lot of kids automatically in the case of certain health conditions or if certain defects are present during formation.

The arguments against using landmines are numerous. Here are a few.
    • Landmines can end up forgotten. Even after they are decommissioned it is possible a few are left. These can then injure people long after their purpose is fulfilled.
    • Landmines do not only trigger for humans, but also for animals. There is no problem with animal movement and the animals present pose no threat to humans.
    • Landmines render the entire area hazardous to people. Even those with legitimate reasons to be in or use the area.
    • Landmines to not stop small aircraft or drones.
    • Landmine usage is heavily frowned upon by the UN and other international bodies.
    • Landmines mostly maim people rather than killing them outright. This results in a long term drop in productivity from affected individuals.
    Some form of autonomous drone monitoring system would be far more effective and cheaper than any wall. It also has less ecological impact. Especially for large open areas away from populations it should be very easy to spot humans, even at night. The system could then guide in some form of rapid response unit to deal with intruders. Once success rate falls to 0%, people stop coming very quickly.

4. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, it would not be better, actually. What good is healthcare, educatiom, ect. when your country is being possessed and everything is changed

5. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Possessed by who? As far as I am aware no country in recent history has had their debt foreclosed on in such a way that their sovereign assets were repossessed to pay off the debt. Simply spending less on military and more on paying off the debt or developing the economy would stop this from happening anyway.

Maybe you meant occupied? Japan is one of the biggest economies in the world and until recently had practically no military. It has not been occupied since the end of World War II after it surrendered. Germany is in a similar situation where military spending is low and it has not been occupied since reunification at the end of the Cold War in 1989.

6. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    I must say that the US is not the most popular country in the world. And I did mean occupied, or as in a coup.

7. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    What happens when you own a large piece of land that other people probably want, and you spent all your military cash on other things? Economically assured for life, maybe. Militarily doomed.

8. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nothing as this is 2016. Even those 1970 warheads are still more than enough to assure you of no attack. No need to spend more than any other country on military, especially per capita, like the U.S.A. does. Far better to spend it on something that actually benefits your people like healthcare, education or even the justice system.

I would be more concerned about the people within being a problem. And no military in the world can stop that without violating the constitution or international agreements.

I would not have minded about £10,000. I would happily play again if that is doubled.

I think there might be a few typos in your question as I do not really understand what you are asking.

10. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Remove the ignorance of the general populace.

11. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Dr Super Good ,

I was talking about the replay where u have answer the question "who needs walls when u have land mines".
    Get it?

12. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I still do not understand what you are asking. I never posted any kind of "replay". Everything I write I try to put in my own words, unless it is a quote in which case it is in the words of the source. I also try to avoid repeating myself unless there is a misunderstanding as to the meaning of what I said previously.

I guess that can apply to all countries sadly.

13. Trigger.edge

Trigger.edge

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would change this: (xd)
    [​IMG]

14. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. Lasersquid112

Lasersquid112

Resources:
    Resources:
    The point of war is to deplete the resources of the enemy. You probably aren't gonna have an infinite flow of medical and/or psychological treatment for everything, and corpses don't really need much medical attention. So that means 2 things, both of which are wins.

• Horribly maimed soldier(s), no longer fit for combat.
    • Psychologically maimed soldiers, because you have a chance that the psychologically maimed soldier will go apeshit on their comrades, or even attempt to frag.

16. The_Taxidermist

The_Taxidermist

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would make it illegal

17. Pinzu

Pinzu

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Reset the non alignment policy, followed by leaving the EU.

Bring back the mandatory draft.

Increase foreign aid.

Stop accepting refugees from the middle east, but if people still insist they may hand pick women and children (no men over the age of 16) from the camps down there and bring them over.

Stop subisidizing political parties that get over 4% of the vote. If their voters can't be bothered to finance their activities their legitmacy stand in question.

Decriminalize drug use. Oh while we're at it, abolishing laws based on morality, we could decriminalize prostitution.

Bring back life sentences for murder (the current limit is between 20 and 30 years but it is technically possible to never be released, if they keep pushing up your release hearings.)

Increase the mandatory prison time for crimes such as rape, sexual abuse of minors, pedophilia, assault, aggravated assault, bodily injury, creating danger to another, disregard for anothers life, etc.

I'd look into the whole marriage and familty situation, not sure what I'd change though.

18. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You should move from Sweden while you still can, Pinzu. Trump's Free America will always welcome a sane thinking fellow like you.

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Only if you bring lots of money with you of course. Otherwise get lost as he does not want more poor people in his country. Unless you are willing to work insanely hard for below minimum wage of course but I guess he needs his slaves in some form or other.

20. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You basically said "Trump needs rich people and he needs poor people too."

I agree.