1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What will you be expecting in Warcraft III HD Remastered after it has been confirmed?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Wardota2 Gamer, May 22, 2017.

?

Do you want a Warcraft IV or just a Warcraft III but HD and remastered

1. Warcraft IV

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Warcraft III HD Remastered

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  3. Both

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As I've implied, it was an advancement though.
    That's true but they tried to mix SC's way of storytelling with that of Warcraft II's and well with 3D graphics they did it through ingame cinematic scenes. However, I agree that StarCraft has it better at storytelling.

EDIT: we're talking about strategy games because Diablo and its sequel also has immersive storytelling.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd rather see Warcraft III remaster than a new game completely. Simply because lore we already have in Warcraft III, and it's huge I might add, is too good to be left behind. On top of that, World of Warcraft has expanded it by a lot, however I don't really see at this point a connecting point for Warcraft IV and World of Warcraft continuation. That being said, it'd be kind of dull to have some of the lore diverted into an RTS game from a MMORPG, because of people who don't really appreciate the genre.

However, smaller DLC's so to name them, with smaller campaigns and some side missions would be more than appreciated as in addition to Warcraft III.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Or just connect The Frozen Throne with WoW? I mean, the birth of all those factions like the Scarlet Crusade and whatnot.

4. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    Seriously guys only 9 votes on both! Why not vote Warcraft 3 remastered and blizzard finally released Warcraft 4 at the same time?

5. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If there is one, I am not sure what Warcraft 4 would mean in terms of triggering, map making, and object data.
    Would it be easy to import maps and data from Warcraft 3, or would everything need to be done again from scratch?

With a remastered edition, that means we are guaranteed to get improved functions, graphics, everything with minimal need to figure things out again or redo everything.

Also, it makes sense from Blizzard's perspective to update their existing games because almost an entire generation has passed since some of them have been released. All it would take is a little marketing, some polish, a tune up, a graphic update, maybe even a new expansion, and the next-gen wave of players would be interested.
    On top of that, many players around the world who would be interested in Warcraft 4 may not have the hardware capable of running heavy graphic games which require uber bandwidth.

6. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The title wants to know what I'm expecting and the poll question wants to know what I want. They're two different things.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Good point.