• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What system do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well hallo. I want to improve my vJass/Jass skills and help people. The problem is that I have no idea what to make.

So please tell me what kind of system would you like to have?
The system you want should be possible to make with the usage of Jass/VJass.

I'll do my best to create a system you need!

Level 9
How about a simple system that allows you to do things over time that Blizzard conveniently didnt add?

I mean the ability to scale a unit over time, or tint it over time, or change a lightnings color over time, or anything like that. See if you can make a generic system and add all of those on as addons.

Seems simple enough, and Im sure people would use it. Smooth scaling up and down is beautiful to behold after all.

Bonus points if you use cJass defines or vJass hooks and make it auto do it when you call any of those functions.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
How about a simple system that allows you to do things over time that Blizzard conveniently didnt add?

I mean the ability to scale a unit over time, or tint it over time, or change a lightnings color over time, or anything like that. See if you can make a generic system and add all of those on as addons.

Seems simple enough, and Im sure people would use it. Smooth scaling up and down is beautiful to behold after all.

Bonus points if you use cJass defines or vJass hooks and make it auto do it when you call any of those functions.

Anitarf and Inframe's cinematic system does just that.

Level 19
EDIT: Well if there is already such a system then I am not going to make it. But tell me if you have any other ideas.

make the bridge system :grin:

it is quite complicated to make something like that though (but it is possible which can be seen in some map which name I forgot [probably some UT or quake map])

tip:
to make every unit walk to the desired destination invisible portals might help cause the wc3 pathfinding system checks for portals

Level 12
make the bridge system :grin:

Well I have been stuidied distance between a 2x2 or as someone would call it 1x1. Now is it ok if its done by invisible platforms? Or else I don't really get what you mean with bridge system. If you could explain some more then it would be easier to make.

it is quite complicated to make something like that though (but it is possible which can be seen in some map which name I forgot [probably some UT or quake map])

I never played quake. :)

tip:
to make every unit walk to the desired destination invisible portals might help cause the wc3 pathfinding system checks for portals

Portals?

Level 19
Well I have been stuidied distance between a 2x2 or as someone would call it 1x1. Now is it ok if its done by invisible platforms? Or else I don't really get what you mean with bridge system. If you could explain some more then it would be easier to make.

.....that would be too easy wouldn't it?
did you ever see a bridge? You can go over it or pass it underneath - both at once! :grin:

I never played quake. :)

nevermind

go to "units" and press "ctrl + f", enter "Way Wate" or go to "abilities" and search for "Waygate ability"

you WILL need jass for it cause waygates can't be activated using GUI

I could turn Waygates on/off and set their destinations via GUI easily. Maybe you were using an older version of the editor?

well I probably oversaw it

You could do an moment engine that allows units to move faster then 522.

was done already (can't find it though so it might was uploaded on wc3c or got purged or I'm just stupid but I'm sure THAT it was done)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.