• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] What portion of a model allows you to select a model by clicking on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I was wondering how the game determines which part of a model is "clickable" allowing a unit with the model to be selected. I've been trying to implement this excellent Sand Lord model into a map I'm fiddling with: Ancient Sandlord, but I noticed that it's quite tricky to select by clicking the mount.

Now I was wondering if this has to do with the model itself or if it's something that can be remedied with object editor settings? I have fiddled with all the art - selection related fields though and none really seem to help.

Level 28
Collision Shape. Your model is probably lacking a collision shape or not well adjusted. You can open your model in War3 Model Editor --> Node Manager and check if it has one, if it doesn't, create one, if it does, try to alter it until it covers the whole model, you may create multiple collision shapes if the model is too big.

Here's a tutorial that explains how to do it : Collision Shapes, How to Make Your Model Selectable (The images are broken though)

I'd also recommand calculating the model's extents in Edit > Calculate Extents after doing that just to be sure everything works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.