• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What platform do you play on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Sorry to be bothering with this problem of mine again, but do most people here play on bnet? I'm just trying to find out what platform people play on, since garena doesn't have the LAN option anymore. Too bad i cant even buy the game to get bnet, would love to play the new version when it comes out with other people, but unfortunately that won't be happening unless there's another platform where a decent number of people play Gaia's

Level 10
Well I don't think many people play at all to be honest at the moment. A lot of players like myself are just in limbo waiting for the new version to be released. Having said that when a new version comes out you can bet your ass off that there will be people in Clan ORPG @USWest and the clan still has servers hosting on bnet so there's still a chance you can get lucky and find some people to play with there.

Level 3
wc3

wc3 didn't die just got ruined by the bot wars in 2008 now we got hundreds of bot taking up space that many people never uses. I guess its all about profit.
the only good thing about hosting bots is they can link severs but back in the old days there were enough people to randomly fill up a room in mins.
and private servers that might out there might have other people on it. and most of the old maps I got don't even work on this wc3 no more cause of some patch.

i play gaias tho i work most of the day and don't got time to wait for a group

Level 10
Personally I think as long as there are map makers out there like Zwiebel willing to put in the hard work to create something as amazing as Gaias on wc3 there always be a community willing to play it and in that sense wc3 will never die.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I agree that there's currently not much action going on on either platform regarding Gaias; and I have to admit that this might not change over the next weeks; I'm just very busy doing other stuff so that I can't find the time to code much.

I will release a new version with bugfixes and the new armor attachment system in some weeks for betatesting, however, given the nature of this update (fixing/cosmetics), I highly doubt there will be a new "players rush" like we had when 1.2A came out.

If that helps: I have a rather large text file containing all stuff I want to do for 1.2B, including quests, spells, boss designs and map layout fully fledged out. Everything is planned in detail; it just has to be done.

Level 4
Level 4
I don't know if Gaias will be a custom map for Dota 2 in the near future. I am saying people like Malygos10 could try entconnect and again be able to play with the population of garena + bnet + eurobattlenet + w3arena, etc. that enjoy Gaias. I'm also wondering why they have to remove Garena LAN for a few countries.

Level 1
@Malygos10 You can still try ENT's entconnect... it let's you host and be seen by Garena players as well as Bnet and some pvpgn such as Eurobattlenet. You can join Gaias ent hosted game as well, mostly Europe ent bot hosts.

"general ent guide" video:
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24570
ENT wiki on enconnect:
http://entwiki.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:Econnect
A simple troubleshooting guide for enconnect:
https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8417

Thanks for replying but i tried the first link and the video file doesn't exist on sendspace, and I cant find any on youtube about this entconnect

Nir

Nir

Level 2
Last edited:
Level 4
What time are you going to play online?

@Malygos10 the sendspace file wasn't reuploaded for some reason. There's also the embedded quicktime file below the link as the alternate video. For youtube videos, I found this one (it's for Bnet users though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2q1O1aVCU

@Nir try ENTconnect together me, and with Malygos10 if it's ok with you both... others are very welcome to join as well.

Level 2
hello me and 2 of my friends use the gameranger. don't know if it 's the best, don't know if it 's considered good, but its easy to use and we play it daily. We play after 24:00 at EET. my nick is hisui no ryu. you are welcome to join us :)

Level 1
Lol i just deleted game ranger recently cause i couldn't find any Gaia's games on it. Guess ill re-download it. Also, you mean you play after 12 at night EET right? Cause i think that's equivalent to 18:00 ET

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No it sucks bad graphics bad engine bad servers

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

you like it to spread a bad mood right?
I don't know what are you talking about. You make that assumption out of a single post?

i just wonder why you are on hive all the time if you think wc3 sucks
okay.

Level 2
hello me and 2 of my friends use the gameranger. don't know if it 's the best, don't know if it 's considered good, but its easy to use and we play it daily. We play after 24:00 at EET. my nick is hisui no ryu. you are welcome to join us :)

do you still play at gameranger? cause i recently installed it hoping that i could join u guys. btw my name in gameranger is NicoGaia

Last edited:
Level 2
do you still play at gameranger? cause i recently installed it hoping that i could join u guys. btw my name in gameranger is NicoGaia

man my friend that we played together left and i don't logic gamerager that often (mainly do solo exp and wait for new version). i can add you and if i see you online i ll pm you but we ll be the 2 of us.

Level 2
Lol i just deleted game ranger recently cause i couldn't find any Gaia's games on it. Guess ill re-download it. Also, you mean you play after 12 at night EET right? Cause i think that's equivalent to 18:00 ET

will you install it again? i didnt think i d find anyone willing. we can do a party and play together. nico (lower in the comments) wants to play too and i thought we can play together.

to anyone interested my nick is Hisui no Ryu in gamerager. add me and pm me

Level 1
I looked up your name on game ranger and couldn't find it. Anyways add me im Fawkzzzzz on game ranger. Also same on garena

Level 3
Hi. I play on game ranger, my name is Ethical. I am level 33 crusader who have been solo leveling so far but cant really progress on much. I cant play on garena as the name is already taken. I hope someone can help me.

Level 1
Well what time do you usually play at? I can play from 6 pm eastern time. Maybe we can play on game ranger. We can even try garena and get you a brand new character if game ranger doesnt work

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
Hi. I play on game ranger, my name is Ethical. I am level 33 crusader who have been solo leveling so far but cant really progress on much. I cant play on garena as the name is already taken. I hope someone can help me.
U should change nickname and create new character cuz 50% of gaias players play on garena. Moreover Gaias bots on garena and bnet are linked so u'll be able to play with everyone.

Level 1
U should change nickname and create new character cuz 50% of gaias players play on garena. Moreover Gaias bots on garena and bnet are linked so u'll be able to play with everyone.

Wow bnet and garena hostbots are linked? Why did no one tell me that lol!

Level 6
yeah they are linked, and if u want to go bnet, you should at least install garena+.

garena plus is a messenger and you can add friends and join gaia groups/clans. which most players are usually on nowadays.

Level 1
Yeah i know, i have garena but don't have bnet and some friends on garena can only play on bnet. I didn't know they were linked though, this is great news. Anyone know what room the hostbots are in?

Level 2
the only room left is at Albania DotA Room 01 the 1st room in Europe and War3 Custom Map: Tree Tag Room 02 that is found at philippines server, but I think there are only players there during weekends, the last time I played there we are 5 that's my 1st time to play with many players :D

Last edited:
Level 2
i cant figure out how garena works since they removed the lan key... can you help me out a little? went to Philippines and Albania region still didn't work.

Last edited:
Level 2
i found 3 Ethical nicks at game ranger can you write your account ID?

Level 1
only changing the region within garena doesnt work, just look up a youtube tutorial or add me in garena, so i can explain it to you.

Level 6
It's sad that not much people play this game anymore..i guess they all maxxed or playing another game.

Level 3
I've made a garena account called upupupupupu for those who want to play with me please add me thanks

Level 9
More like a moth because you come back and usually just mess things up and people want to swat at you, in good humor

Status
Not open for further replies.