• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] What mpq viewer should I use to edit official campaigns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm something of an amateur editor. Playing a few fun campaigns like the Arthas Campaign where official campaign missions were edited gave me a few ideas I want to try out. I searched how to do this and found that I need some kind of program to view mpq but all threads/links that I found were old and not functioning.

Can anyone please recommend more current software that I can use to do so? (Preferably free.)

Please and thanks.

Level 12
Agreed. It's almost literally just a standard file browser like Windows Explorer or Mac's Finder so it's extremely easy to use most of your instincts from those can directly transfer over, which I think gives it a huge advantage over other MPQ Editors like MPQ2K, WinMPQ, or PyMPQ (Which none of which even support WC3 to begin with as far as I'm aware)

Status
Not open for further replies.