• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What kind of Music Do you Like?

What kind of music do you like?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
numb is nice. i just dont have the feeling that one step closer is sung by them... dont have their signature moves...

I would say One Step Closer was their signature before they started getting away from what made them different from other bands (being the DJ guy for them must suck now, has nothing to do).

I would say there newest album doesn't have their signature moves, like all RapRock influences

Level 9
I would say One Step Closer was their signature before they started getting away from what made them different from other bands (being the DJ guy for them must suck now, has nothing to do).

I would say there newest album doesn't have their signature moves, like all RapRock influences

linkin park used to call themselves a band that is different from the rest and might overtake those metals as a alternate metal, but now they have these nonsense music which really makes them seems different... what a pity...

Level 12
I'll listen to every thing except "rap" music, which is a bunch of ryhmes and normally a heavy bass beat in the background with alot of "punkass crazy muthafucka's" trying to flip around and do something I expect out of my dog.

I like AC/DC more then anything, and I'm starting to dig MJ too.

Raps never particularly been a genre I've been very fond of, but from some reason mix it with rock and it sounds great - Hollywood Undead (they kinda flip between Rap, Rock and RapRock), old school Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, etc.

I'll listen to every thing except "rap" music, which is a bunch of ryhmes and normally a heavy bass beat in the background with alot of "punkass crazy muthafucka's" trying to flip around and do something I expect out of my dog.

Really depends on the type of rap, older rap really isn't that bad since it has more actual music in it. Now they seem to enjoy using the same back beat over and over again (thunk thunk chick ---------- thunk ---thunk thunk chickchickchickchickchickchick - repeat over and over again) and excluding any instruments from their music other then an occasional piano.

Whatever happened to Rappers having actual drummers perform with them.......

Level 5
I just like anything that sounds good (you forgot to put Hip Hop/Rap and R & B in there). I listen to Rock (any kind really), Rap, Alternative (kind of like Rock), Classical, R & B, techno, mixed, etc. I really do not have a bias. I do tend to listen to Rock most of the time though. But if the song has a good beat and good vocals (if any--techno = exception), then I just tend to like the song, no matter what the genre. Sometimes the lyrics do matter to me however.

Well that should be the point of music, to entertain you. Someone caught up in a single genre has shut off their mind to a wealth of other great music. And yeah, many people have noticed that Rap and R and B are missing from the poll.

lol, poor Country - meh, Country has never been my favorite music, or my 2nd or 3rd or anywhere on the list.

Level 13
Well that should be the point of music, to entertain you. Someone caught up in a single genre has shut off their mind to a wealth of other great music. And yeah, many people have noticed that Rap and R and B are missing from the poll.

lol, poor Country - meh, Country has never been my favorite music, or my 2nd or 3rd or anywhere on the list.

Rofl. THE OFF BUTTON HAS BEEN FOUND.

But yeah, other genres than the one I prefer are good too. MJ is pretty cool.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Don't group Death Metal with Gothic Metal. They're nothing alike. Gothic Metal is somewhat noisy but still enjoyable. The only Death Metal songs I know have a period of silence or soft melody and suddenly someone starts singing with a horrible voice. And yes, you can say I probably haven't heard enough, but I don't want to listen to more songs.

By the way, my favorite bands of Gothic Rock and Metal are Within Temptation and Nightwish.

Don't group Death Metal with Gothic Metal. They're nothing alike. Gothic Metal is somewhat noisy but still enjoyable. The only Death Metal songs I know have a period of silence or soft melody and suddenly someone starts singing with a horrible voice. And yes, you can say I probably haven't heard enough, but I don't want to listen to more songs.

By the way, my favorite bands of Gothic Rock and Metal are Within Temptation and Nightwish.

Everyone's been complaining about the poll, but its impossible to make everyone happy so I don't think its going to change. If they did that with metal, they'd have to do the same with all categories and thus the poll would be over 100 items long. Just plain Metal seems to do the trick.

Level 13

Nightwish is symphonic, not gothic, according to its fans. Just putting that out there.

I never heard any "gothic" metal, but what you said about death metal sure sounds correct. It's horrible.

Level 13
TwistedImage, according to what the band "Nightwish" says, and how they sound, and how they are classified, they are GOTHIC Metal, just google for it, or take a look on the official site, actually, gothic metal IS symphonic metal... mostly.

In that case! Alas! Another genre mix-up due to way too many subgenres!

House, Trance, Jumpstyle and harder styles.

In the same way that Death Metal, Goth Metal and Black Metal are all Metal; House, Trance and Jumpstyle are inevitably dance/hip-hop/whatever you want to call it (I'm not completely familiar with the whole Dance/Hip-Hop sub genres, but I'm pretty sure that those can be considered Hip Hop or Dance (I know its one of the two) in the end. Of course you could also add Bass and Drum, Go-Go, etc. etc. but the whole point is they are still sub genres).

Level 13
jumpstyle, house, trance and hard style are actually techno-genres. ;)

rap has: G-Rap, Deep Rap, RnB, Oldschool, New School, Retro Rap and Neo Rap (those were which came in my mind)..

I think R&B is its own genre. R&B involves singing while rap involves melodic talking and eccentric arm-waving.

I don't know too much, though, so..

Black Metal
Death Metal (mostly melodeath)
Thrash Metal
Symphonic Metal
Avant Garde Metal
Hard Rock
Gothic Metal (and rock too)
Electro Gothic

Some Indie stuff, alternative metal and rock
I despise:

Screamo
Nu metal
*put your favorite type of metal here*core, any metal genre whose name finishes with "core", it blatantly blows.
Power metal (most of it)

jumpstyle, house, trance and hard style are actually techno-genres. ;)

Yea all of them are techo genres, but theres alot difference between them. Just like rock.

Dance is the common music played in the clubs.
Club is also played in the clubs.
Trance is relaxing music with long and nice beats.
Eletro/Electronica can vary alot. Can be some nice beats with tempo or rap with techo beats.
House is my favorite, music with a good bass and nice beats with a fast tempo.
Jumpstyle is commonly music with simple beats you can dance Jumpstyle to.
Hardstyle is the hardest music of techno. Its basically alot hard bass in a beat.

This is far from every genre under techno, but it says a little about what the difference is. Just to notify you theres also genres like Electro House, Radio, Electro Trance, Electro Dance, Eurodance, Hard Electronica and alot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.