• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Jobs can you get as a 14 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, I'm 14 years old, going to High School after this summer. I very need to get a job because my parents doesn't let me use the money they give to me, it sucks. They said if I get the money from working at job or something, they don't care what I use it on. So yeah, I deeply need to get a job.
I did some research online but couldn't really find like useful information. I was wondering if anyone of you here works as a 14, 15 year old. If some of you do, please tell me what kind of job you are working, how much do they pay you. Thanks.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
No real jobs are available because of minor working laws. You can however work part time delivering newspapers and things like that.

At 16 you can be employed in super markets and most low level adult jobs but again with a lower wage than if you were 18 (same job for less).

It is by far the most constructive use of time to study now and work later. Every hour you work now will earn you far less than an hour you work at 18.

Level 11
let's see here, you can go around people's homes and ask them if they require their lawn's being mowed, or if your like me and are in some kind of Co-op program with a technical college, (15 years old at least) then they would allow you a summer program making about $5,000 in 6 weeks

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

As nobody said this yet I guess I'll have to.

Steve.

Level 9
No real jobs are available because of minor working laws. You can however work part time delivering newspapers and things like that.

At 16 you can be employed in super markets and most low level adult jobs but again with a lower wage than if you were 18 (same job for less).

It is by far the most constructive use of time to study now and work later. Every hour you work now will earn you far less than an hour you work at 18.
But you can learn skills by working.

You are 14. You don't need a job, just an education. Wait until 16-18 then get going for one.
See above.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Kids, have I ever told you about the psi-magic that manifests itself in a savings account?

Turns out the sum you deposit will magically increase from something called interest, and in the meantime you won't spend it all on some two-speed rubbish scooter replica that you'll use for 2 months before realizing you actually hate getting bugs stuck in your teeth...

Or drugs.

Don't do drugs kids.

In Australia where i live all you need to be is 13 and 3/4 years old to get a job. You could actualy be a trolly boy, or for me I could off done recycle sorting although sport got in the way of that (had to and am 15 to do that aswell). You might also be able to work at a McDonalds restaurant. I am sure there are plenty of other possible jobs out there. No means for advertisement.

Level 34
Don't waste those precious years of freedom! Listen to me while you still can! Spend your summers frolicking through the fields of lavender, because after high school, only the homeless get summers off. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts, soon enough you'll be enslaved too.

This summer, I'm going to be working as an Editor in a Publishing House. (Fixing and cleaning books using software like Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5)
My salary would depend on my efficiency. At the very least, I would be making $250 a week, and my maximum is about $500 a week, so I'd effectively make $1500 a month :p

In the mean time, I'm also going to write my own programs to do some of the cleaning automatically ^^
(I even thought of a brilliant algorithm to do Auto-cropping and trimming correctly :D)

Level 18
This summer, I'm going to be working as an Editor in a Publishing House. (Fixing and cleaning books using software like Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5)
My salary would depend on my efficiency. At the very least, I would be making $250 a week, and my maximum is about $500 a week, so I'd effectively make $1500 a month :p

In the mean time, I'm also going to write my own programs to do some of the cleaning automatically ^^
(I even thought of a brilliant algorithm to do Auto-cropping and trimming correctly :D)

nerd_detected.jpg

Im just jaleous you'll earn more a month than I probably ever will. :goblin_cry:

Level 25

I know who is going to get me Diablo3 this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.