• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your favorite song at the moment?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It didn't suddenly turned my favorite, but, on occasion, for no particular reason, an old song starts playing in my head. This time I remembered "The Fear" by Lily Allen from the days, ~10 years* ago, in which I watched MTV. Very clever lyrics.

Last edited:
Level 25
Yet again, we're halfway through yet another year of collective human misery and suffering. It's time for a general update of the detestable and lowbrow art I've enjoyed thus far.

(Poser) 'The Hardship of the Scots', by Darkthrone; it's Darkthrone. If you like the middle-finger-up-yours attitude that they've had for the last two decades, this is just more of the same. There's no 'Deep Lake Trespass' here however.
Spotify | Metallum

(Black) 'Von Winterwäldern und Mondscheinsonaten', by Waldgeflüster; anything that reminds me of German Nagelfar is a good thing in my books. Not that I believe that this will pop up on any 'The 10's Classic Albums' list in decades to come, but it sure sounds good at times.
Spotify | Bandcamp | Metallum

(Black) 'Ich weiß ich bin keins', by Bethlehem; sadly not a continuation of their - in my opinion - masterpiece from 2016. More points borrowed from the suicidal rock-metal-whatever scene this time around and less of a focus on raw aggression. Starting to sound more and more like their odd neighbors, Emptiness. I don't mind that though.

(Black) 'Eremitt', by Kampfar; I've never cared for Kampfar and people seem to dislike this album in general. Thus I've to like it, I suppose. In all seriousness, there are some really good tracks here. Sure, it's not purebred necro pagan trveness, but who cares these days anyway?

(Black) 'Under the Banner of Death', by Vanum; "Under the banner of death I'm alive! I declare my being in the language of fire!" This strikes me right in the nerd-vein. Haven't heard their debut, but I think this guy might have mentioned them and I finally gave them a chance. Good shit.

(Black/Ambient) 'The Ardour of Autumn (Part 1)', by Lustre; an "unreleased" EP from our bubblegum vacuum cleaner. Sadly, this project has been put on hold for now. Which most likely means that the project is dead. But we've a decade worth of bubblegum vacuum cleaning in back-catalogue, go ahead and enjoy it damn it.

(Black/Gothic) 'The Raven', by Rotting Christ; this is without question my album of the year. I love everything about this. Just do yourself a favour and give this album a chance.

(Melodic Death) 'Already Dead', by Bleeding Utopia; never cared for their earlier material, but this album is damn good at times. And who doesn't love goofy videos anyway?

(Heavy) 'Abysswalker', by Visigoth; didn't expect anything from these guys this year. Sounds like leftovers, but Abysswalker is damn good.

(Industrial) 'AFFLUENZA', by 3Teeth; very tame compared to their previous offerings, but I'm glad they're around and I'll await the full lenght with glee.
Spotify | Bandcamp

(Laibach) 'So Long, Farewell', by Laibach; Laibach. Tanz mit Laibach, tanz.
Spotify | Bandcamp

(Lolicore) 'loather', by goreshit; C:\degeneracy\highart\goreshit\damndoilovethiscrap\yesthisischeating\butimissedthefactthathepublishedthisin2018givemeabreakgoddamnit.gif
Spotify | Bandcamp

(Avant-garde/Soundscape) 'Butcher of the World', by Lingua Ignota; "May your own shame hang you. May dishonour drown you. May there be no kindness.".
Spotify | Bandcamp

() '', by ; endzeit.
Spotify | Bandcamp

Last edited: