• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
She has a passion for wood workers?

More of a passion for getting song pieces stuck in my head - given that she couldn't remember it was the Carpenters.. :grin:

Been hearing this carol for some time:
HTML:
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:422172" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>The Colbert Report</b> <br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/'>Colbert Report Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/video'>Video Archive</a></p></div></div>

If this doesn't work:
Good King Wenceslas

Level 16
Well favorites changes a lot, atleast for me :) But atm this' my fav

The funny thing about a lot of people is they listen to mainstream popular music. 95% of pop music you hear of nova, at nightclubs, etc, is not good music. No real instruments, no meaningful lyrics, extremely repetitive, etc.

I can't respect somebody's opinion when they just accept the "new song", and it becomes old within a week or 2. Why does it become "old"? Because its not a good song. The only thing it has is a catchy hookline or beat. You want proof? People have thousands of songs on their ipod. I wonder how many they actually listen to reguarly. If I played Gangnum style, Call me Maybe, etc, people are going to complain. Everybody is just about over them if not already.

True music is something that will be remembered. A song you dont say "thats so yesterday", or "thats old". A classic which is carried on through generations and generations.

My favourite song? I don't know. Maybe Hotel California by the Eagles. Sanatarium by Metallica. I can't really decide. These songs are rather meaningful, and/or possess great complexity and originaility to the instrumentation.

Last edited:
Level 15
I like long music when I'm deep in thought and imagination (which is most of the time). 5 minutes is for me a standard length for a song, 3 minutes is too short.
Over 9 minutes of old school death metal.
Morbid Angel's average songs are about 4 to 5 minutes long. At least on Abominations Of Desolation. Shortest tracks on the album are Hellspawn and Demon Seed (about 2 minutes each).

Level 5
I listen to Opeth and Tool... Whose shortest songs are 7 minutes, and longest are 20 lol. 8 minutes doesn't seem long.

My favorite band is Tool so I am used to long songs as well, but I know others aren't so I don't like posting longer songs honestly. This song is pretty beautiful in my opinion.

Level 8
About YT sound quality: these days it shouldn't be that bad at all - for hq video, smething like 380 kbit/s AAC is recommended. That's pretty damn high quality; I mean 320 kbit/s .mp3 is respectable enough and AAC is said to produce better results than mp3 at the same bitrates. If people do good encodes, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure if this is my favorite, but I think it's a song that really sets the mood straight away without getting boring or having no development. Perfect VN bgm, really: Ever17 OST - Zweitestock. This one was encoded using 320 kbit/s AAC by me zirself.

Level 3
algorithmically generated content is cooler

the executable file is limited to 65536 bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.