• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is YOUR dissapointment of the Decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Has there ben something this decade that was so hyped up, was supposed to be so awesome that it would end up revolutionizing it's entire field, but ended up being a huge, bitter dissapointment? Tell us about it, and see how many people agree with you!
NOTE: Please, please don't say President Obama. You will be ignored if you say that.

Level 15
- paranormal activity, it was just awful and horribly made. xmen origins: wolverine just seemed a bit empty and short to me, though badass nonetheless. Juno aswell, most overrated movie in history, but it was "acceptable" though not "OMG I LOVE IT 6/5" like everyone said. and Twilight, for so many people liking the first film, it sure had bad effects.

- Then, I found out even at 10% body fat i still have to lose more weight and must reach 6%, though i'm slimming fast. (was at 11% not so long ago), even when weight training to build bulk i still have to keep doing cardio (which I hate). Huge disappointment, thought i was free of cardio forever.

- getting held back a year (fuck you)

- american airlines are also a huge disappointment.

- finding out my friends smoke hash

- some restaurant i went to with my family last year that served a portion of food about the size of your fist and over charged for it, no wonder the fucking place was empty.

/endrant

Level 14
9/11. Only 3000 people dead? Such a waste of time.

Depends on how you count the dead. Intially 3000 dead, but the number dead as a result of that continues to increase daily, or nearly everyday, because of the U.S. deciding to occupy 2 countries that aren't appreciative of it, and the various religious extremists ensuring our (the U.S.) continued presence in two countries.

So you're wrong, if you look at it like this:
-9 years since the "War on Terrorism" began-(may as well be the "War on Puberty"...)
-many people dead
-A total idiot (Bush Jr.) appointed to his 1st term (possibly what encouraged 9/11 round 2), and ACTUALLY ELECTED by the U.S. citizens for a 2nd term (The world lost all respect for the US after that)
-Most americans actually believe the occupation was legal (never was)
-The U.S. can't pull out without consequences; illegal invasion, two contries without semi-stable governments, etc...

If you look at it like how I just portrayed it, then 9/11 would probably be considered a success.

//\\==//\\

Level 34
Oh dear, is Elenai being tautologous again?

I biggest disappointment was that scientists promised us flying cars. Now where are they, you ask, I don't know.

BAWWWW

To be honest, the music of this decade is the biggest disappointment. It's pathetic, really. The whole emo trend started, awful bands and singers got ridiculously popular... eh. Just sad.
This.

And the amount stupidity and idiocy was drastically increasing during the decades and currently continues to do that.

Level 15
The entire fucking decade was a disappointment, neverending wars for bad reasons, crappy music because anyone can now sing due to AutoTune, idiocy of world leaders, the fact that NO ONE thought that property not going down after 9/11 was weird, which is what I think was one of the first signs of something wrong with the economy, the stupidity of people, from religious nutjobs to those people who think vaccines cause Autism to electing a coke addicted chimp to Office TWICE, to thinking that Global Warming is false, Fucking Hell, now I am really pissed.

I think Time can sum it up:
500x_time_qotd_best.jpg

Level 26
Humanity still didn't learn a blinking thing amidst their increasingly vast stupidity.

-Biggest disappointment.
Agreed. Also on the list:

Humanity not answering the questions I have asked it.
Humanity failing to recognize the ambiguous responsibilities I have set forth upon it.
Humanity having too much fun at a party doing jello shots off that total slut.

Say what you want, but this decade was fine. Someday, you're going to be looking back at this decade from the future, and you're going to say, "HA HA, THOSE WERE THE DAYS" even if you enjoyed it as much as the sentient cancer you got from that new pair of telepathic emitters your adopted alien son gave you for the annual MySpaceBarBrokeian Festivals that will have taken place after I singlehandedly fought off entire hordes of Space-Nazis.

...I seem to have lost my train of thought. In any case, hindsight is 20/20, and that is definitely something we can rely on.

I'd say sexual predators are the biggest disappointment of the decade. Come on, sex offenders, what have you become? You used to be feared like nobody's business! Parents warned their children so much to beware of strangers, and worried the hell out of Trick-Or-Treating. Now look at yourself! Look what you've accomplished in the past few years. You got caught through conversations on AIM. You end up on social networking sites posing as teenagers. Chris-Fucking-Hansen from Dateline has become your archnemesis! And to what end, ass bandits? You're marked for life. Forever you shall be listed as registered sex offenders, the location of whom I can easily look up online.

In honor of this once revered group of criminals, I propose that the 2000's not be called the aughts, or the zeroes, but the Ped00's.

Level 13
This thread sort of made me think again that humanity always seems to love the past and the future but absolutely HATES the present. I can't really think of a big dissapointment, except perhaps that Duke Nukem Forever got cancelled.

Level 22
It hasn't been that bad for me :D
I got a cat, I got a computer, I upgraded my computer, I learned JASS, vJASS, Java, a little bit C and C++, a bit HTML, XML, JavaScript, CSS, Lua, and some more, and a lot more :D

I didn't like Bush though, or the new music. I liek metal!

Level 12
At least Bush was funny :(
Now we have a boring president who looks like he's rapidly aging. Also if you make fun of him you get called a racist. I can make fun of Bush all I want and nobody cares! (It doesn't matter what president is in office, nothing will ever change, and things will just get worse)

The music for me is a huge disappointment, but also social growth has slumped dramatically. We are going backwards (thinking our penis size is more important than our intelligence).

Level 8
The experiments in Switzerland that didn't create a black hole that sucked up the earth, Ye thats the biggest disappointment.

At least Bush was funny :(
Now we have a boring president who looks like he's rapidly aging. Also if you make fun of him you get called a racist. I can make fun of Bush all I want and nobody cares! (It doesn't matter what president is in office, nothing will ever change, and things will just get worse)

The music for me is a huge disappointment, but also social growth has slumped dramatically. We are going backwards (thinking our penis size is more important than our intelligence).

If you get the worse job in the world, you'd age faster too. The best comedians are those unaware they are :)

Music awesomeness of the decade:
-The Jonas Brothers
-Recent R and B artists
-Screamo and Emo

(hmm Im running out of time, I'll have to expand my list of musical fails of the decade some other time)

Status
Not open for further replies.