• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the worst kind of alcohol thats drinkable and won't kill you upon drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You can always try out the so-called "ink" - the worst and cheapest kind of wine that is still drinkable. The high-heathen mix for this would be plunging a few gulps of cheapest beer you can find at your local shop ontop of this devilish cheapskate-drink. In a matter of moments you'll be makin' love to the white horses.

Level 5
depends on what country your in.

Ive heard about some kind of awesome american corn juice that is about 96% alcohol, that should kick you right in the head.

Level 36
Technically, Everclear is the worst. It has the highest alcohol content possible (94.6%). You can't distill any more water from it, that's as high as it goes.

Of course it's illegal in some places, but that's the absolute worst you'll ever get, guaranteed.

As for drinking Ethanol, yeah, it's basically about the same as Everclear. A friend of my family's was a scientist at the University and he'd bring home bottles of it to drink xD Crazy bastard.

80% is nothing, though. Absynthe is only 40-60%, everything you've heard about it (hallucinations) is a lie, and Jamaican Black Rum (Which I've actually tried, not too bad), is 85%.

I had some crazy ass Danish stuff that was 90% once (My grandparents import it xD) but it tasted like grape medicine and shoe polish. Not the best.

Level 8
80% is nothing, though. Absynthe is only 40-60%, everything you've heard about it (hallucinations) is a lie, and Jamaican Black Rum (Which I've actually tried, not too bad), is 85%.

Ok, ok, ok, ok, hold up a minute. I have no personal experiences with Absynthe trips but I know the REAL Absynthe is suppose to have a THC level.

It is possible to get so high off marijuana that you go into a deep sleep or coma for a while, so its very possible to get really high when drinking real Absynthe. All you have to do is eat to much when it is cooked properly, but you could smoke it till you pass out your never going to go into coma.

@ arafor: Absynthe is the bomb man, go with that, that is what ever your doing with it.

Level 36
No, it doesn't. What supposedly caused the hallucinations was wormwood. Wormwood is highly toxic, and in homemade absynthe kits, the retards use ACTUAL wormwood, not 'Essence of Wormwood' like the bottled stuff.

And no, absynthe actually tastes like shit. The real stuff. From the bottle. Not homemade. I've been drunk off it. It's not very good at all.

Level 8
No, it doesn't. What supposedly caused the hallucinations was wormwood. Wormwood is highly toxic, and in homemade absynthe kits, the retards use ACTUAL wormwood, not 'Essence of Wormwood' like the bottled stuff.

And no, absynthe actually tastes like shit. The real stuff. From the bottle. Not homemade. I've been drunk off it. It's not very good at all.

What doesn't? Absynthe makes you trip or that thc can make you extremely high?

Yeah Absynthe is pretty shitty but lets be honest most of us don't drink Absynthe for the taste.

Huh, wormwood?

Level 36
And I quote:

"Today it is known that absinthe does not cause hallucinations.[63] Thujone, the active chemical in absinthe, is a GABA antagonist; and while it can produce muscle spasms in large doses, there is no evidence that it causes hallucinations.[63] It has been speculated that reports of hallucinogenic effects of absinthe may have been due to poisonous chemicals being added to cheaper versions of the drink in the 19th century, to give it a more vivid color.[64]
However, the debate over whether absinthe produces effects on the human mind additional to those of alcohol has not been conclusively resolved. The effects of absinthe have been described by some as mind opening.[63] The most commonly reported experience is a 'clear-headed' feeling of inebriation — a form of 'lucid drunkenness'.[65] Chemist, historian and absinthe distiller Ted Breaux has claimed that the alleged secondary effects of absinthe may be caused by the fact that some of the herbal compounds in the drink act as stimulants, while others act as sedatives, creating an overall lucid effect of awakening.[66]"

Level 36
I'll quote some more:

"Since 95.6% ethanol and 4.4% water form an azeotrope (meaning that simple distillation cannot remove any of the remaining water), 191-proof spirits are the maximum proof that is available from the distilled beverage industry."

That's what you're drinking. Everclear is essentially ethanol, straight up. That might be why it's illegal to sell the 190-proof variety in some states of the United States, namely California, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia, so if you live there, you're out of luck. In Canada you can buy it in Alberta, and I'm pretty sure that's about it.

Level 36
Yes. Unless you can find some other alcohol out there that's 191 proof that isn't Everclear, which is possible.

But all of this 80% rubbish, or 98% homemade whatever, is BS. The maximum you can get is 95.6%, and that's because you're drinking straight Ethanol, not Vodka, not Rum, not whatever.

Lithuanians had shit like that in years past though. They'd distill alcohol as much as possible (just like Everclear) and then put sticks of cinnamon in it for flavour. Wicked stuff.

Level 36
Looks interesting but definitely not the strongest. 86% is wimpy next to 95.6

And it depends on your tolerance. Since the alcohol percentage is roughly double of Vodka, but since there's less water overall, it will have over 2 times the strength in one shot.

Let's say you get plastered from 4 shots of Vodka. 1 and a half of Everclear would do the same.

Level 36
In fact, Everclear would probably be the worst. Do you know what it would be like to drink ethanol?

I'll tell you:

NOT VERY FUCKING GOOD.

As such, Everclear is still the winner.

One of the kids in my chem class last year took a sip of ethanol, it was actually kinda funny. At least we had some water for him to drink after.

And I agree Everclear is probably the worst.

Now... what about the best tasting drink? I like my jagermeister.

Level 7
lambanog one of the best filipino alcohol, hehe really strong but is right to take you down in a minute..it cant kill but it can make you dead sleep for whole day!hehe joke never drink if your stomach is not strong enough..sory bad english there..

Level 6
I like beer.
That and some licorice tasting spirits-thing I once tasted but don't really know the name of. Turkish pepper or something maybe? I dunno.

I don't drink that much though, haven't tasted very many kinds of alcohol (does that make sense?) and I'm only 17 so I can't even buy my own beer, which makes it slightly harder, especially when no-one wants to buy anything but beer for me. So that's the story of my life, anyone else? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.