• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the genre of your music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So, I know some people here can produce music. So, i'm interested to know what is the genre of your music. Like, what genre you usually use to produce your music.

Well, my genre is Trance. I produce musics with genre. I sometimes use Beat, Dance, Ambient, but i mostly use Trance.

So, what's yours?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't know what to call it but it's electronic. My main influences however are: trance and rock but I rarely create rock due to proper gear lack. I don't usually create a song that can be included in one category/genre. My music is a sort of hybrid.

Level 28
Unlike you guys, I'm totally outside of electronic music making (I'm really going to struggle with the music contest if the theme happens to be Futuristic - and it will =P). I usually enjoy doing stuff that mixes genres... but I guess I can say I mostly do:

Ambient
Classical-like
Medieval-like
Rock-metal (doom, black, post-black, death, melodic, power)
Neofolk
Shoegaze
Pop
Some other weird stuff that people sometimes call "alternative"

Some stuff I did only for the lulz include generic reggae, country and pop-rock song.

Level 5
I mainly focus on Symphonic Metal but I've been leaning towards Industrial and soundtrack-ish sounding songs for quite a while now.

But other than those two, I do the following: Industrial, Industrial Metal, Industrial Ambient, Metal, Symphonic Metal, Ambient, Dark Ambient, Dubstep, Epic Orchestra, among other things.

I've been doing this for over nine years now!

Level 15
I tend to write soundtrack/orchestral and solo instrument music, but I try to listen to many different styles and practice writing in each of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.