• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is after The Reaper of Souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Personally I think it will be some sort of Nephalem against Angels war, since at the end of RoS we hear Tyrael say that the Nephalem has defeated both Demonic and Angelic champions and could be a threat if he cannot contain his power. If they do any additions, I doubt it will be Diablo 4. Diablo 3 has enough of a good foundation and they can advance the story using it's engine and maps, etc.

And I doubt it will end, since we still have a minimum of 3 or 4 more seasons to go.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Personally I think it will be some sort of Nephalem against Angels war, since at the end of RoS we hear Tyrael say that the Nephalem has defeated both Demonic and Angelic champions and could be a threat if he cannot contain his power.
No since the Nephalim and Tyrael are close allies. Also Tyrael leads heaven as Wisdom and two other aspects (fate and hope) both support the Nephalim. Sure Imperius does not like the Nephalim at all however I doubt he would defy the order of Heaven by going rogue.

What is more likely is a total break down of heaven, resurrection of all evils and overall total chaos. With Mathael being "killed" it is unclear what happened to his soul since in theory it should be reborn in Heaven as he is still an angel. However his soul is likely heavily corrupted by long term use of the powers of death and also his short term exposure to all prime evils when he absorbed the black soul stone. It is also possible that he will now join the side of the demons as a result of this and the powers he uses as well as his Wisdom would grant the demons a deadly advantage.

Since the souls of all 7 prime evils have been released, they will be reincarnated in Hell again. It is unclear if they are still merged with Diablo or if they will revert back to their original forms (hopefully the later since we can finally see a full 3D of Baal, Mephisto, Andarial and Durail). Since they were temporarily absorbed by Mathael as a last desperate attempt to stop the Nephalim it is possible that they have managed to drain some of his supreme Wisdom which is more than a little dangerous.

One must remember that Mathael did possess unsurpassed Wisdom. The results of even a bit of this Wisdom rubbing off onto the prime evils would be a true disaster making them more powerful than was previously thought possible. Think of how powerful Baal was with just the wisdom/power of Talrasha.

Level 2
You are right, of course. However, at the end of the Reaper of Souls ending cinematic, Tyrael says that the Nephalem will, one day, be tempted by corruption. Tyrael wonders whether the Nephalem would resist, or bring about a new doom.

Perhaps not a war between the Nephalem and the High Heavens, but I hope to see this threat of our character displayed further in the storyline, even if we do resist.

Since the souls of all 7 prime evils have been released, they will be reincarnated in Hell again. It is unclear if they are still merged with Diablo or if they will revert back to their original forms (hopefully the later since we can finally see a full 3D of Baal, Mephisto, Andarial and Durail).

This I agree with. I would really love to see Baal and the gang back again in Diablo III. All in all, there is a lot of great content they can cover, and Blizzard usually doesn't let that content go. I would not be surprised if they mention another expansion in the near future.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Tyrael wonders whether the Nephalem would resist, or bring about a new doom.
If you noticed the Nephalim already was partly corrupt and not entirely free of sin.
Wizard -> Guilty of Arrogance. He often talks with sarcasm to a lot of people. It is assumed that the magic he uses is slightly forbidden due to its power and danger (its not Demonic but just very dangerous).
Witch Doctor -> The rituals executed by people of his occupation were known for being highly brutal and including things like human sacrifice etc. One must remember that the Fetishes that serve him were highly dangerous monsters from Diablo II.
Demon Hunter -> He draws power from mindless hatred of demons. Hatred is the same power that Mephisto uses as such his power is inherently similar to that of some Demons. He only keeps it under control with discipline otherwise he would be as bad as the Demons he hunts.
Monk -> Highly religious background with unusual punishments worshipping beings that are not angels.
Barbarian -> It is assumed he has fallen many fellow Barbarians who became cowardly and strayed from the path.
Crusader -> Follows a religion that ultimately became corrupted with Evil. Successors are recruited as young children (possibly abducted or taken etc) and subjected to very cruel "training".

None of the Nephalim are entirely pure as such. The question is if they can keep it under control to maintain the balance of Sanctuary? If they become too good then they might become as bad as the Angels and lose faith with the rest of Humanity as well as permanently destroy Hell. If they become too evil then all will fall into Chaos. The fact their power comes from both good and evil generally means they will strive to maintain order in Sanctuary and I suspect the next expansion will focus on that.

Level 25
Indeed the Nephalem have bad traits like the Demon Hunter's hatred and the Wizard's arrogance and too much self admiration. The other more religious like the Monk could have them as well, and Nephalem are like half-angel half-demon right?

Angels could fall into corruption so the Nephalem could as well. I would like to see all of the Seven Deadly Sins and Azmodan(if ever freed or rezzed) and Belial(same to Azmodan) rising to power and try to corrupt the Nephalem by making them murder stuff.

I also want to see them having the choice "Save one and destroy the others"

Level 21
diablo 2 is much better as there it is possible to choose what skills to focus on and upgrade only them. in diablo 3 what skills players get is fixed. the only interesting part about diablo 3 is its story. i hope for a diablo 4 that goes back to the roots like carmageddon 4 did.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
in diablo 3 what skills players get is fixed
Like in Diablo II. Where there were only 2-3 ways to allocate your skill tree for each class.
as there it is possible to choose what skills to focus on and upgrade only them
Just like in Diablo III where for certain skills you need certain legendries and gear choices.

The skill tree from Diablo II was fake choice. Although there were billions of ways to fill it, there were only 3 or so correct ways. Same goes for the attribute system. Hence why Diablo III removed both since in the end they add nothing but act as a newbie trap.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
the diablo 3 skills are fixed.
Not anymore. Since they started their new ladder system and overly inflated revised sets there are actually several ways to build classes. Some better than others for sure but all are T10 viable. Sure Barbarian is leading leaderboard but the difference between classes is at most 1-3 GR levels which in my book is fairly balanced.

Diablo II had the problem where there were clear class tiers.
Early season...
Sorceress >> Necromancer > Paladin >> all else
Late season...
Paladin > Sorceress > Necromancer >> Amazon >> all else

Level 25
I pretty much agree, other players who played Diablo II can't enjoy it because of Diablo II being a great game, though Diablo III is still good but sometimes it feels too easy, dunno cause I only played Starter Edition, but actually the story is great and interesting

Okay, let's just get back to the topic.

Level 8
Yet another timetravel retcon is coming afterwards ofcourse, what ? did you seriously expect blizzard would tell an proper apocalypse story ?

I hope so. W3 RoC's story was amazing, easily the best I have ever seen. But that was a long time ago.

other players who played Diablo II can't enjoy it because of Diablo II being a great game,

I probably will never enjoy Diablo II because it is 2D and it looks like fart. Diablo 3 looks amazing.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
the graphical differences between diablo 2 and diablo 3 is fairly minor.
Let us see shall we?

diablo_02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks kind of big to me.

Level 8
Nothing should stop you playing it if you have a Windows system. It should even work in Windows 10.

I cant have fun if the graphics are not good. I love playing RTS and Adventure games because it is fun to look at the animations that the units do. While playing SC2 or W3 I can have fun by looking at how grunts/marines swing their axes/shoot. While playing AC I can have fun by looking at how the main character kills, hurts or shoots. If the graphics are bad, then animations are obviously bad. So no.

Level 21
diablo 2 did work on voodoo cards but it also worked on non-voodoo 3d cards by using direct 3d. i used a glide wrapper to use glide and the differences between glide and direct 3d is non-existing. back on topic. diablo 3 appears to be over though blizzard is still adding new stuff for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.