• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What in Lord's name is this? (Battle.Net)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
wc3scrnshot031209020221.jpg

Numbers. I've seen them for quite a while.

They're obviously bots but what exactly?

Level 40
It's usually GHost++ (especially since one of the games states G+) but there are some others as well. Basically, they're hosting bots that handle hosting and such for you, provided you can have a copy of warcraft running (ie the computer turned on, with a good network connection, the right portforwarding, and presumably your own cdkey assuming you want to be online at the same time). They're mostly for one person in a clan who has a bunch of CDKeys and wants to allow non-hosts in the clan to host games, and they also provide some features like opening locked slots (like computer players) and such that people like to abuse. Finally, they have banlist, autokick dlers, spambots, start on full (this and the spambot is evidently what is being used to autohost games as in your image) and some other stuff built in.

For the most part, they're "oh look at me I can measure your DL time, I'm so cool" bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.