• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] What if Archimonde had conquered Mount Hyjal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
They identify each of the four others with their flight's color, it's not hard to guess.
You get: Neltharion might be a black dragon because only 5 dragon colours are mentioned and the dragon is not bronze because Nozdormu is mentioned to be the bronze even though there's no information about a bronze dragonflight. Alexstrasza is mentioned as the queen of the red dragonflight and the red. Malygos is mentioned as the leader of the blue dragonflight and the blue and Ysera is mentioned as the green and leader of the green dragonflight. Then, you get Deathwing as the lord of the black dragonflight. But, it's only wanton speculation that Neltharion=Deathwing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Character development is very important. Sainty, don't mess it up.
I'm entertaining the idea of player's character being the developing component, separate from Archimonde. They get to choose its name, race and gender. This also exempts me from dialogue VO due to innumerable permutations, akin to WoW. It's starting to shape up now: In the first mission the player chooses race to control which consequently dictates their character's race. Then the player is presented with male/female variations of that race's hero (feature promised in Reforged) to click on either one, also while choosing a name.

they go to pandaria xd
In which case they'd still be on Azeroth, which is getting smashed.

As for Archimonde, maybe have several levels with him so the player sees his plans go beyond "kill everything on the planet mwahahahaha".
Once all evil was purged, it came apparent that this stark demon had a gentle side to him. Dawn had just broken when first rays of sun shone onto the rippled abdomen of the Defiler. You flinched as the eredar caught your insatiable gaze, but much to your surprise, he gestured as to consent to your frisky stare. You worked your way up, eventually finding yourself ogling at the chiseled jaw betraying a pair of deep blue eyes. Figuring you'd rather die on the spot than live without this rugged man, you strode towards him, arms reached out, ready to envelop the handsome beast. Then, what seemed like a gust of wind shoved the hesitating demon at you, sending you both sprawling across the battlefield.

The fixing Draenor [...]
Wasn't Draenor turned into Outland in aftermath of Second War? I don't see how it could be fixed when there's only floating remnants of it. I'm open for storyline where Azeroth's denizens take refuge over there, but fixing would go against the lore.

I contacted a lore nerd on Discord who said that it's plausible for all the folk under command of Archimonde partake in mutiny. Scourge could form their own faction, which would sadly be a nail in the coffin for my plan of melee UD with Legion units mission (if I do decide on the rebel thing, seems like @deepstrasz at the very least would be pleased with that route).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Well not literally fixing it (although seeing a team of hippogryphs chained to a floating rock drag it back to the mainland would be funny). No, as in trying to remove the demonic influence from the place, in conjunction with the draenei.

Alternately, Illidan shows up working for Kil'jaeden, either to take out the survivors or force them into submission to the Legion (to be used as a potential tool against Archimonde), so the Night Elves have to deal with him (Maiev being part of the survivors, having gone after Tyrande too late to participate in Hyjal but in time to go with the refugees).

Arthas could show up as an enemy or desperate-ally-that-turns-enemy (he wants Lordaeron free of the demons as well, just for the wrong reasons).

The Eye of Sargeras should be a plot point as well.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm entertaining the idea of player's character being the developing component, separate from Archimonde.
I'd entertain the player instead.
You want something akin to RPG but in a melee setting? That would make the character a mute. Basically you just do stuff, maybe what the other heroes say? Something like an observer, like a WoW no-name. StarCraft did it with the player as the commander of the armies the heroes were tagging along to. They spoke to each other and to you as the player. Sure, it might make players feel special or part of the story but it's only an illusion when you are not able to say anything or take any real decision than on the battlefield. And funny thing is that you were the one controlling those heroes on the map too :D
Wasn't Draenor turned into Outland in aftermath of Second War? I don't see how it could be fixed when there's only floating remnants of it. I'm open for storyline where Azeroth's denizens take refuge over there, but fixing would go against the lore.
*cough* Deathwing/Neltharion *cough*
Alternately, Illidan shows up working for Kil'jaeden, either to take out the survivors or force them into submission to the Legion (to be used as a potential tool against Archimonde), so the Night Elves have to deal with him (Maiev being part of the survivors, having gone after Tyrande too late to participate in Hyjal but in time to go with the refugees
Maiev-Illidan plot is important here and it won't end well. Maiev would be too stubborn to work with Illidan. Plus, the grudge on Tyrande for massacring the Barrow Deeps.

Level 28
Illidan would be the enemy here, since either he's there to kill them on Kil'jaeden's orders or give them the ultimatum "work for me (and therefore for Kil'Jaeden) or die".

Since they're fighting for their species' survival here, Maiev might have less opportunities to avenge her sisters (even in canon, she didn't try to actively murder Tyrande, just direct search efforts away from her rather than go after Illidan).

Level 28
Well, he has enough authority that she'll listen when told to shut up and work together, so that could happen again.

Maybe if Tyrande apologized instead of going "I did what I had to do" it would have gone differently (would it have been that hard to explain that the Burning Legion is back and we need all the help we can get?).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Maybe if Tyrande apologized instead of going "I did what I had to do" it would have gone differently (would it have been that hard to explain that the Burning Legion is back and we need all the help we can get?).
It was a bet. There was no certainty that Illidan would either be too weak to do anything, demented and atrophic or jump on the demon side. So, apologizing wouldn't cut it.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Sure, it might make players feel special or part of the story but it's only an illusion when you are not able to say anything or take any real decision than on the battlefield.
Isn't that the case in campaigns normally? I'm not making Bandersnatch, lol.

Illidan would be the enemy here, since either he's there to kill them on Kil'jaeden's orders or give them the ultimatum "work for me (and therefore for Kil'Jaeden) or die".
Most likely he would side with the legion, yes. Arthas serves Ner'zhul, who seeks to free Scourge from Legion. Perhaps Illidan would rush to seize Eye of Sargeras to destroy the Frozen Throne, as instructed. Ner'zhul would foresee this and send Arthas to stop Illidan.

I'm picturing a mission of Arthas' scourge fighting Illidan's naga where the player would side with Arthas. At some point during the mission, demons would apper (as to reflect the Legion's growing presence on Azeroth) and attack the player beside Illidan.

So lots of possible parties are reaching my mind: Void / traitorous Legion, Scourge, Legion and Azeroth's denizens (human, orc, night elf). Void one would introduce greater diversity, but maybe that's not virtuous in this case: Warcraft III doesn't have Void related assets except for Faceless Ones?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Dunno about having single maps with a new faction, unless you're going for an ending for each one.
Yeah, I'm still unsure on how to coherently interweave these missions together. I just have a set of mission ideas. :clol:
  • Player selects one of three race to halt the summoning of Archimonde. When they make it, a cinematic reveals that he wasn't summoning Sargeras, but all the demons under his control. Their base then gets overrun by demons and the mission ends in a Tomb of Sargeras-esque way, player fleeing on ground torn asunder.
  • Illidan is shown orchestrating destruction of the Frozen Throne after seizing Eye of Sargeras when a raging emerald sky and quivers of ground catch his attention. Suddenly, the befuddled Demon Hunter is confronted by Arthas, who besieges the naga troops. Player then takes control over Arthas. Midway through mission, Legion interferes and attacks Arthas as well.
  • A great portal is shown embark civilians while countless troops are summoned by all three races. Objective is to fend off demons while portal is in use.
  • Kil'jaeden frowns at the treason of Archimonde and vows to destroy him, dispatching the Burning Legion at the Defiler. Player takes the role of Archimonde and tries to survive the Legion's wrath. I'm unsure if Kil'jaeden could materialize on Azeroth for this mission.
  • After assuming the position of Lich King, Arthas senses that Azeroth, world that his Scourge is entitled to, is in peril. He launches a full scale attack at demons running rampant across the lands. Player controls Scourge here.

Level 28
A multi-perspective campaign could be interesting, but it could easily get confusing.

Maybe a mechanic where one mission's protagonist shows up as a villain in the next (such as Illidan or Arthas) or the other way around, where failing one mission's sidequest means the next one will give you a bonus (e.g. fail to prevent the enemy hero from acquiring an item and he'll have it the next time you control him).

Illidan could have a mission where he raids the Tomb of Sargeras and absorbs the Eye (was he recruited by Kil'jaeden by that point?).

Personally, I hate defense missions, so I would suggest making the portal mission have an alternate victory condition where killing all hostile bases allows you to skip to the end instead of the usual turtling against infinite reinforcements (and if the exodus is towards Draenor, why would the demons summon troops to Azeroth when they just have to wait for the AlliHordElves to come to them?).

A mission with Archimonde would be tricky, because he's basically a demigod even before absorbing the World Tree. Maybe have his mission be an AoS (the Castle Fight variant) instead, where Archimonde can do huge amounts of damage and is nearly unkillable but is best kept inside the base to defend it (and allows Kil'jaeden to pull dirty tricks as per his epithet).

Arthas should be similarly fully-leveled on his demon-culling mission since he's fused (though how Ner'zhul survived should be shown).

What timescale are you thinking of?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Player selects one of three race to halt the summoning of Archimonde.
Archimonde'so_O?
When they make it, a cinematic reveals that he wasn't summoning Sargeras, but all the demons under his control.
Note that most of Archimonde's loyal commanders were killed in RoC: Tichondrius, Mannoroth and so on. There are still those three: Anetheron, Rage Winterchill and Azgalor, depending whether you decide they still live when Archimonde consumes Nordrassil or not.
Illidan is shown orchestrating destruction of the Frozen Throne after seizing Eye of Sargeras when a raging emerald sky and quivers of ground catch his attention
Interestingly enough only Medivh (because of Sargeras' corruption of Aegwynn's womb) knew the location of that place and told Gul'dan about it but Archimonde and even Kil'jaeden had no idea about the place(?). However, the nage knew about the place for possible but not probable obvious reasons [since they were faring the ocean and stumbled upon it maybe even before Gul'dan raised the island(s)].
The Eye wasn't that strong at least, protectionwise since the heroes destroyed it. Well, maybe because it was already in function and it would've been destroyed in the process of sinking Northrend?
A great portal is shown embark civilians while countless troops are summoned by all three races. Objective is to fend off demons while portal is in use.
By whom, to where?
Kil'jaeden frowns at the treason of Archimonde and vows to destroy him, dispatching the Burning Legion at the Defiler. Player takes the role of Archimonde and tries to survive the Legion's wrath. I'm unsure if Kil'jaeden could materialize on Azeroth for this mission.
Funny, that the Deceiver title is for Kil'jaeden and Archimonde's is the Defiler. Also, how is it obvious that Archimonde is a traitor? Summoning more of the loyal demons doesn't mean that necessarily. Also, maybe the treachery should be found out about at a later time, maybe after Archimonde might at least try through some mean/someone to get Kil'jaeden on his side?
What is there to survive? Who's going to bring the rest of the Legion to Azeroth? We don't know if Kil'jaeden actually materialized when speaking to Illidan about the Frozen Throne and neither do we know if he did back in Outland right after Illidan declared himself its ruler but one thing is certain in both instances he was humble in Kil'jaeden's presence.
Here's how I see it. The Book of Medivh, where is it? Did Archimonde take it? Is it still in Kel'thuzad's hands? If not, maybe the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras could be the artifact/power to bring the rest of the Legion (at least partially) to Azeroth but then Archimonde has to either not learn about the artifact's existence (which would be weird since he was under Sargeras at the time the latter lost it) or fight over it and fail getting it.
After assuming the position of Lich King, Arthas senses that Azeroth, world that his Scourge is entitled to, is in peril. He launches a full scale attack at demons running rampant across the lands. Player controls Scourge here.
Less sixth sense and more rationale if you will. Indeed, Ner'zhul was a shaman and warlock so far sight would not be wrong.

and if the exodus is towards Draenor, why would the demons summon troops to Azeroth when they just have to wait for the AlliHordElves to come to them?).
Because not all demons are on Draenor. Illidan shut the gates and he didn't open them (maybe behind the scenes?) even after Kil'jaeden appeared as a titanic apparition before him, Vashj and Kael.
Summon troops on Azeroth maybe because Archimonde's forces were pretty much decimated in the process and there was still a Lich King out there (in case Archimonde realized/found out he was betrayed, which should take a while since communication between demons, especially Nathrezim has been shown to be in deficit).

Level 28
Enough of them that they're part of the local wildlife, at least. Maybe Draenor is a more convenient staging area than directly drawing demons from the Nether (what with them already having a stronghold there), so they gather forces from those four gates and then march them to the big Dalaran portal.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Enough of them that they're part of the local wildlife, at least. Maybe Draenor is a more convenient staging area than directly drawing demons from the Nether (what with them already having a stronghold there), so they gather forces from those four gates and then march them to the big Dalaran portal.
Well, that would work better if astronomically, Draenor were closer to Azeroth than wherever they come from to Draenor is.

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Interesting concept.

I think it lacks structure though. It's difficult to tell where you want this to go since it can go any infinite amount of ways.

With this premise, what are your expectations for melee classes? Is the focus on the few survivors within an apocalyptic realm? Are the Legion going to be an ongoing antagonist, or are they somehow the new protagonist up against even greater other-worldly threats like the Void?

If the latter, I would say the Legion turning Azeroth into a new staging point could open up more alternate reality shenanigans just to match up against the Legion. You have the Void Lords with their Old God and Elemental Lord minions. You have alternate universe Army of Light lead by the Naaru, banding all sorts of races. You have the forces of Death who may band together, characters such as the Lich King, Bwonsamdi, Helya. That could be the new 'Big 4'.

From there, you could scatter the survivors amongst whichever races would align with the big 4 the most. It doesn't even have to be a 1:1 relationship, it could be a mix. Night Elf who align with Old Gods would be like Fandral and the Flame Druids; Night Elf aligned with Death would be like the Dark Rangers or Hearthstone's Malfurion the Pestilent. That is; if you plan to keep the existing races at all.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

e.g. fail to prevent the enemy hero from acquiring an item and he'll have it the next time you control him
I don't want to incentivize failing side quests.

Personally, I hate defense missions, so I would suggest making the portal mission have an alternate victory condition where killing all hostile bases allows you to skip to the end
Or rather, make that the only way to survive, to engage on enemy productive facilities.

AoS (the Castle Fight variant)
Isn't CF tug of war? Wouldn't be fun vs AI.

What timescale are you thinking of?
What do you mean?

The Eye wasn't that strong at least, protectionwise since the heroes destroyed it.
Eye was destroyed?? It was a thing in TFT.

@Triceron I will make the player play melee tech trees (deepstrasz insisted) and have custom units in merc camps and as pre-placed units. I presented two scenarios on page 1 that seem most realistic to me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Eye was destroyed?? It was a thing in TFT.
Indeed. Just wanted to remind about it whether you'll consider Illidan going to get it or not. You could even make a map where you have to compete against or as Illidan over it and the scepter.
I will make the player play melee tech trees (deepstrasz insisted)
No. I did not insist you make the campaign a melee game. I suggested you don't recycle the original melee techtree.
custom units in merc camps and as pre-placed units. I presented two scenarios on page 1 that seem most realistic to me.
You have to make sure players will actually get those. If they're not worth the time or resources, they won't.

Level 28
There's quite a few campaigns with tug-of-war missions that work quite well against an AI (Wanderers of Sorceria, Legacy of Lordaeron, even TFT has one).

By timescale I mean how long a time period will the campaign happen over (for example, does Archimonde start summoning right after the battle or does he wait a few months, how long are the refugees stranded before they start rebuilding, when does Illidan start working for Kil'jaeden, etc.)

Speaking of techtrees, all three might need new ones during the refugee part of the campaign since they've lost access to most of their usual resources (i.e. no horses for knights, etc.).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

even TFT has one
Was so boring to me... The rest you mentioned I haven't played.

By timescale [...]
Haven't decided anything. Depends on what kind of story I want to incorporate.

Speaking of techtrees, all three might need new ones during the refugee part of the campaign since they've lost access to most of their usual resources (i.e. no horses for knights, etc.)
Or... I just wouldn't make a base building mission?

You have to make sure players will actually get those. If they're not worth the time or resources, they won't.
I don't see that as a priority.

Level 11
I believe that no faction could help too much in the end.
Initially Archimonde would position Kalimdor and transform it into a huge demonic bastion.
Then, most of the inhabitants of Azeroth (due to the huge armies of the War of the ancestors) would die, surviving only the group of Theramore and the Eastern Kingdoms. Facing this, it would be only a matter of time before the demons and undead of Dalaran finish with the 7 kingdoms, except some bastions that would defend themselves against enormous and invincible armies (see Gilneas).
Thus, practically all the survivors would be accommodated in the areas of Northrend that are not of the Plague, receiving the aid of the flights of surviving dragon (dragons of time, some red and green), finishing with great part of the Plague of Northrend. Maybe then the survivors would join Illidan to take down Arthas and his threat.
However, not long after, Yogg-Saron would make an appearance, as would C'thun in Kalimdor.
In short, in the end, there would only be three great powers.
1. In the strongest bastion of the Legion (Kalimdor), the influence of C'thun would face the demons, perhaps dominating the lower half of the continent.
In the Eastern Kingdoms, there would be no opposition to the demonic domain, except for some ancient cities trying to defend themselves from the waves of demons (probably Gilneas, Lordaeron and Ironforge, the best defended)
In Northrend, the resistance of the survivors, the green and bronze flights, and the forces of Illidan would try to establish themselves while defending themselves from Yogg'Saron and the remains of the Scourge (perhaps the blue flight?)

Level 24
Alright lets takle this cause' no one else knows their stuff. (Although that's just because I've played all the games and read all the WarCraft books, sort of gives me an edge.)

Lore nerds, I'm in dire need of your counsel. I'm making a campaign unveiling an alternative timeline where the Burning Legion won the battle of Mount Hyjal.

Well, that's not good...

What would happen in this case?

Alright so this kind of depends if you want to follow the lore of War of the Ancients or Chronicles. The lore of WotA states that the Legion was summoned to Azeroth by the Old Gods so that they could escape from their prisons, to do this however Sargeras would have to be summoned. The reason for this is as Korialstrasz says, the free races of Azeroth would always have hope even if all demons save Sargeras would step onto Azeroth, but should Sargeras step onto Azeroth there would be no hope to stop the utter destruction of Azeroth as we know it. So Archimonde would unquestionably use his powers to summon Sargeras unto Azeroth.

Now we need to talk about the Old Gods again, because Sargeras is being attracted to Azeroth by the Old Gods because as Korialstrasz puts it, "if the old gods were to step onto Azeroth in its true form even Sargeras would be brought to kneel." We know from WotA that there could only be two sources for this information, the titans (who personally knew Sargeras or Nozdormu who can travel in time.(It can't really be anyone else as Sargeras is not widely known about, not even Azshara (the most powerful mortal) knew of Sargeras before he revealed himself.)) So regardless of which of the two sources revealed this information (or maybe it's both) the source is very reliable. Keep in mind, Korialstrasz is not the only character we see frightened by the Old Gods, Alexstrasza is significantly more frightened by the Old Gods and Nozdormu says that the Old Gods are "far more ancient and malevolent than Sargeras." So if you go down the WotA route then Archimonde would summon Sargeras which would cause the Old Gods to break out of their prison and rip the legion to shreds. This is really useful if you want the mortal races to make a last stand before finally perishing. (Wyrmrest Accord would be the natural location for such a last stand.)

Now for the lore as it is depicted in Chronicles... Chronicles is an absolute cluster f--k, the lore in Legion states the same thing, the Old Gods tried to summon Sargeras but with one key detail, in Chronicles Sargeras could poke the Old Gods to death... and the Old Gods know this as they witnessed Y'Shaarj, the most powerful of the Old Gods being ripped straight out of the ground by a Titan. So why did they want to summon Sargeras to Azeroth? To loose... it really doesn't make sense, they knew Sargeras would rip them to shreds but tried to summon him anyway... This book is basically why I hate WarCraft lore now... Don't get me wrong I still follow it, intensily, but it has dropped significantly in quality. Let me put it in perspective, Warlords of Draenor made more sense than Chronicles, the ending of the Cataclysm made more sense than Chronicles. So please as someone who loves the WarCraft III lore I beg you, go with the WotA version.

He'd destroy Nordrassil and gain access to unfathomable powers granted by the Second Well of Eternity. Given how he initially opted to serve under Sargeras out of hunger for power, would he truly remain loyal to Sargeras and pursue the invasion of Burning Legion?

If Warlords of Draenor is anything to go by he probably would, Archimonde summoned the mortals fighting him to the Twisting Nether (risking his own life) to fulfill the ambitions of Sargeras. Besides if Archimonde ever died he would get teleported straight back into the Twisting Nether (the domain of Sargeras), which would be bad. I think Archimonde is too clever to betray Sargeras. Especially considering that War of the Ancients goes into detail on what Sargeras' torture is like, and I would to put it mildly not want to be tortured by Sargeras. In Legion it also seems as though Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde were convinced by Sargeras that the Legion was doing the greater good so it's quite plausible that Archimonde believes in the Legions cause.

In short, yes he would most likely stay loyal.

If he does, could Azeroth's denizens be capable of opposing him any further?

Once again I'd defer to Korialstrasz who said that just as long as Sargeras doesn't step foot on Azeroth there's hope. But keep in mind that if you follow the lore of Chronicles then War of the Ancients is non-cannon.

I wouldn't mind the campaign ending in such an apocalypse by the way,

If it does end in an apocalypse it would once again make more sense if the foe were the Old Gods.

I'd just need a rough summary on how such scenario would be carried out in that case: would Archimonde be able to summon Sargeras on the spot or would he have to hound some magical relics?

He could summon him on the spot although casting such a spell would undeniably take time as accourding to War of the Ancients it took the combined power of all dragons (in the form of the dragon soul) quite a while to pull of.

Would Sargeras then slay the nascent Azeroth, who isn't yet a titan and hence defenseless? In what space would this happen, surface of Azeroth?

It wouldn't really happen at all if you go with War of the Ancients but isntead the Old Gods would corrupt Azeroth until it became the puppet of the Void Lords (the masters of the Old Gods.) But if you want to go with Chronicles then the story is vague, contradictory and non-sensical enough for you to go down any route you want.

If you have any questions please ask and I'll answer to the full extent of my knowledge.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It would've been also a good campaign if BlueSaint had made a custom techtree, a good story without the Void Lord stuff, and if they had listened to people's criticisms.
Well although I agree. What seems good to us is not necessarily good to others or generally speaking. The overall thing should be taken into consideration when criticising.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I will work on this project whenever I get to my desktop, probably beginning of next month. But it's not like I would then pour plenty hours into this. I will certainly post here when progress is made, hopefully sometime this year.

I don't have resources for making a playable techtree. Non-playable races may enjoy custom techtree so I can half-ass it. Select units could be hireable from mercenaries.

criticisms
Quote?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Do you enroll for VO? Looking forward to Archimonde with that panty-wetting Romanian accent.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

@BlueSaint If you want, I can help you with this map, that looks as a great idea, but only after the Mini-mapping contest, that ends in the 6 of July.
I am not a OP lord of mapping, but I know a bit, and want to help you.
Cool, do you have GitHub? Also add me on Discord (#7503).

Level 11
Uhh, ¿GitHub? No, i don't know what 8s that.
I have discord, but I really would prefer to talk here, in Hive, if there is no problem with that (also, I'm really bad talking in English, i only van read and write it). I can just send you micromaps with the request, or something like that.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hey, if somebody wants to hijack this project initiative, go ahead. It's an interesting premise after all. Good thing I kept this to idea factory...

I shifted my interest from making a campaign into making a short story into giving up on short story. I haven't read any of the Warcraft books / WoW chronicles so I don't have anything to work off, nor am I an adequate writer.

Was fun reading up on WoW retcons. Wonder how much Chronicles will influence Reforged.

Level 3
I feel like Archimonde would betray the Burning Legion once he had the power he wants. I think it'd be interesting if the Nights Elves, Humans, Orcs, etc. convince Archimonde to destroy the Burning Legion in return for permanent lordship of Azeroth, and then trying to assassinate him when he's finally able to beat them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.