• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what if Adam and Eve didn't ate the fruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
okay Tis is not a Debate about: Adam and Eve doesn't exist
and The Bible isn't true!

the bible said that if adam and eve ate the fruit he would punish them by taking out their eternal life

I'm just saying what if they didn't EAT the fruit???

Last edited:
Level 12
When Adam & Eve ate the fruit, it brought sin into the lives, not only into theirs, but in all their descendants, which technically is the rest of mankind. Not only did it separate God from man, it also changed the way which God originally (or not) intended for man to live, in harmony with Him. When sin entered man, it introduced many things like sexual immorality, lies, murder and whatever. But it also showed that man always had a choice to obey God.

So if they didn't eat the fruit, then sin wouldn't have had come into the lives of mankind and Jesus didn't need to come down and die. But it also meant that man would be living in ignorance, not knowing what the sin is and thinking everything is and always will be a happy-go-lucky paradise, when in reality, it could all change within a bite.

But even if they didn't eat it, then their descendants would probably eat it.

Level 34
If this is a serious thread...

I don't believe genesis to be a historical account. The fruit is irrelevant. What matters is that they disobeyed God and were punished. How that all took place is probably not verbatim with the story we're given in Genesis.

Not only that, but Adam and Eve would be ignorant people doing whatever god commands them to do. Eve ate the apple for the Tree of Knowledge after all.
God only gave them one command in Genesis, to not eat of the tree. It's true that they were "ignorant" to "evil", but I don't see how that's a negative thing.

Level 22
I have like this question, ever thought that all in the Bible including Adam and Eve could have been a metaphor, you know, just so poor uneducated people would understand? And was the apple really an apple or was it as we say 'fruit of knowledge' i.e a book, a memory transfer thing, an electric chair with electroshock transfering knowledge the hard way?

or do you really believe it is a tree and an apple of Knowledge +1000, life +100, +200 mana, +3 to all attributes? ..

Level 22
Another funny thing is that God knew Eve would eat the apple before he even made anything, yet he proceeded with the entire thing. Doesn't that make him him really cruel? Seems to me he wanted to punish people and have them think it's their own fault.

Level 17
Another funny thing is that God knew Eve would eat the apple before he even made anything, yet he proceeded with the entire thing. Doesn't that make him him really cruel? Seems to me he wanted to punish people and have them think it's their own fault.
It's called free will...God gave free will to man so he let him make his own choices...People really like to blame everything on God...

Level 17
When Adam & Eve ate the fruit, it brought sin into the lives, not only into theirs, but in all their descendants, which technically is the rest of mankind. Not only did it separate God from man, it also changed the way which God originally (or not) intended for man to live, in harmony with Him. When sin entered man, it introduced many things like sexual immorality, lies, murder and whatever. But it also showed that man always had a choice to obey God.

So if they didn't eat the fruit, then sin wouldn't have had come into the lives of mankind and Jesus didn't need to come down and die. But it also meant that man would be living in ignorance, not knowing what the sin is and thinking everything is and always will be a happy-go-lucky paradise, when in reality, it could all change within a bite.

But even if they didn't eat it, then their descendants would probably eat it.
Not really, cause if they didn't eat it that would be their choice and their children would not make the mistake because it would not be allowed by their parents and somehow it makes me think that that choice of not eating would be automatically transmited to their children, who knows I'm just randomly babbling :D

Level 7
I don't believe in predestination, or that the courses of our lives are predetermined. I believe God allows us to make our own choices and decisions as free moral agents. Otherwise, He would be cruel. (How can people be predestined to be sent to burn forever?)

So, if Adam and Eve had not eaten the fruit, why, presumably and most likely, they would have passed the test of loyalty God set for them, and would have gone on to fill the earth with their offspring in a beautiful paradise under God's blessing, as God had purposed. We can't be too sure, but sin would have not come into the world, and mankind would have lived forever in peace. Sadly, the devil intervened and ensnared Adam and Eve with lies, and, well... You know the story from there on.

Level 22
EPHESIANS 1:4-5

God predestined those who would go to heaven "in accordance with his pleasure and will", consequentially also predestining others to eternal torment in hell.

Level 34
EPHESIANS 1:4-5

God predestined those who would go to heaven "in accordance with his pleasure and will", consequentially also predestining others to eternal torment in hell.
You're changing the context here. "He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will".

Level 22
Yes, which means he predestined those who will go to heaven through his son Jesus Christ. Your bible is slightly different though. Mine doesn't say "according to the good pleasure of his will", but "in accordance with his pleasure and will". What does "the good pleasure of his will" even mean?

Level 17
Well it wouldn't happen because before sin entered man's life Adam and Eve were only souls, they had no physical body, that's why it's says somewhere that they would be multiply by God's word or something like that, that the Word was holy...

Level 34
Yes, which means he predestined those who will go to heaven through his son Jesus Christ. Your bible is slightly different though. Mine doesn't say "according to the good pleasure of his will", but "in accordance with his pleasure and will". What does "the good pleasure of his will" even mean?
How does it mean that at all? Where are you getting this 'predestined' from?

Well it wouldn't happen because before sin entered man's life Adam and Eve were only souls, they had no physical body, that's why it's says somewhere that they would be multiply by God's word or something like that, that the Word was holy...
Where are you getting this? Our souls and bodies are not separate entities.

Level 7
Taken out of context. According to my belief, this applies to those who are divinely appointed or anointed for the prospect of going to heaven. God picked them out of all the Earth, and thus they are in a way "predestined", but certainly not in that their whole life is already down in writing. Merely in the fact that their final destiny will be in heaven. How they will get there, however, remains undetermined. By proving themselves worthy, their destination is appointed, but not their path or journey. Or life.
I believe those righteous ones forming part of the "great crowd", described in Revelations, who have the prospect of living forever on the Earth under God's rulership, are the alternative. They are not "picked" or "predestined" to rule in heaven, and thus they are not referred to in Ephesians 1:4-5. The unrighteous, whose personal deeds will earn them a future of destruction, are not predestined, either, and thus are also not referred to.
I personally believe God does not predestine people's lives. We are who we choose to be.
Your opinions may differ.

Still, this is straying off-topic. This is supposed to be about what would happen if Adam and Eve had not eaten the forbidden fruit.

Level 17
How does it mean that at all? Where are you getting this 'predestined' from?

Where are you getting this? Our souls and bodies are not separate entities.
Where am I getting this ? According to official writings of several saints accepted by the Church at least the orthodox one it is said that God created man in his image and that he made made from dirt but only when the flew from heaven that they were susceptible to physical death...that's where I'm getting this. My personal opinion is the same, I think man did not have a physical body until he fell from grace.
The stuff about being made from dirt is not to be taken literally...

Level 17
Ah, so it's only your opinion that they didn't have a physical body. The Bible itself says something else.

No because the word Adam actually refers to the first of mankind not just man or woman and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]Adam and Eve represent the spiritual nature of every individual, rather than a physical man and woman. It deals with the creation of the spirit not the body. And in the Bible it says: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana]"In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created." And He made Adam from the ground itself but in spiritual form. This can be explained by how only after eating the forbidden fruit Adam and Eve started to age because they inherited physical bodies. The spirit can't die only the body dies.[/FONT]

Level 8
The Apple IS A LIE!

(Btw, i believe in the bible and alah)

On Topic: If Adam and Eve didn't ate the apple we wouldn't be here :p.

b3bf1057672d6e496870f2eeee7050051293770829_full.jpg

Level 22
Making non-physical souls out of the physical ground doesn't make sense at all, and "proving" that they were souls by mentioning ageing doesn't help. I don't know if you ever noticed, but Noah was 600 years old when the flood came. Ageing wasn't a problem back then.

Also, if we are to assume souls even exist, then they shouldn't have been able to even grab the apple since souls cannot interact with the physical nature (according to those believing in souls). There's a reason for why souls supposedly can walk right through anything.

Level 17
Making non-physical souls out of the physical ground doesn't make sense at all, and "proving" that they were souls by mentioning ageing doesn't help. I don't know if you ever noticed, but Noah was 600 years old when the flood came. Ageing wasn't a problem back then.

Also, if we are to assume souls even exist, then they shouldn't have been able to even grab the apple since souls cannot interact with the physical nature (according to those believing in souls). There's a reason for why souls supposedly can walk right through anything.
Omg you really do believe in ghosts and fairies...you really think they were referring to souls as ghosts ? =)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Level 14
okay Tis is not a Debate about: Adam and Eve doesn't exist
and The Bible isn't true!

the bible said that if adam and eve ate the fruit he would punish them by taking out their eternal life

I'm just saying what if they didn't EAT the fruit???

I've been researching various facts about the bible...
adam and eve didn't eat the fruit... eve was decieved/charmed by satan's handsomeness, so she had intercourse with him (eating the apple means intercourse)
Then eve got to adam and had intercourse too...
Cain is the first child,eve had intercourse with satan first... that is why cain made the first murder
Abel,the second is the child between adam and eve, not eve and satan
WHY DID EVE GET CHARMED?,Satan is a fallen angel,and angels are divine creations that are almost perfect... satan/lucifer is one of them
I hope you know what i mean by intercourse
NO JOKE ABOUT THIS!!!

Level 15
If they didn't ate the fruit
*Punts sunglasses on*
They never experience and appletastic experience.
Yeah!
On topic,if they never ate the apples they probably in a Common way "Slaves" from god.
God will comand their wills like puppets.

Level 6
Hello everyone today the grammar police is here seeing many people not using grammar the correct word that you should be ate not "eaten". Thanks men and women, grammar PoPo Outta here!

Level 34
Hello everyone today the grammar police is here seeing many people not using grammar the correct word that you should be ate not "eaten". Thanks men and women, grammar PoPo Outta here!
Is this supposed to be a joke? I don't understand this new "troll" thing. Tolls used to be the scum of the internet; now it's "cool"?!

If that isn't a joke, I hope you realize your grammar is atrocious.

Level 10
Is this supposed to be a joke? I don't understand this new "troll" thing. Tolls used to be the scum of the internet; now it's "cool"?!

If that isn't a joke, I hope you realize your grammar is atrocious.

Settle down, grandpa Gilles.
The kids nowadays consider themselves to be l3e7 or something.
great gramer coms along wth iit, deesuuuu~~

Status
Not open for further replies.