• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What happened to good old scratch modeling

Which models are the best?

• Scratch, Geomerges and modifications

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we need a whole other section for models (section, not category), there are too many WoW models that will be flooding the models section. and even though they are useful and pretty cool, it will make it even harder to find any models that people spent time on. People can just get the WoW models for themselves, but not everyone has WoW to get the models from. I think in order to solve this, there need to somehow be a way for people to download the WoW MPQ for themselves (if that's legal) so there would be no need to upload models straight from WoW. I think WoW models should be treated as wc3 models, as in you can only upload them if you actually changes some things on it.

Level 22
Well, an arguement against that is that everyone who comes here should be expected to have wc3. Not everyone who comes here should be expected to have WoW (to extract models from). Also, as seen by WH, that there is varying quality of ports. Not everyone produces the same work.

Personally I find all 3 to be useful. WoW simply because they are excellent quality and look great. Scratch because it produces models for wc3 that you would never see otherwise, and geomerges/edits because it can show the talent of taking existing models and turn them into something completly new.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Well, I agree that some people post WOW models here, but that would be in the case of someone request'em for a WOW map project (since they need the original model to make a map look more like WOW).

Otherwise, i think they should change the model for more originality and variety. Only exact copies when needed for somethin special. If not, it's just a way to fill the model section.

Level 9
putting the WoW MPQ and a conversion tool for it in the Tools Section would quickly end this

but blizz might not find that very good...

Level 15
Afronight_76 said:
i think we need a whole other section for models (section, not category), there are too many WoW models that will be flooding the models section. and even though they are useful and pretty cool, it will make it even harder to find any models that people spent time on. People can just get the WoW models for themselves, but not everyone has WoW to get the models from. I think in order to solve this, there need to somehow be a way for people to download the WoW MPQ for themselves (if that's legal) so there would be no need to upload models straight from WoW. I think WoW models should be treated as wc3 models, as in you can only upload them if you actually changes some things on it.

It's not that simple.

The WOW models need a fair bit of work to be made efficient enough for Warcraft 3.

At least having them done and out the way should stop some of the requests.

Level 9
i remenber the WoW skelly, but i dont remenber about this "almost shut down"

perhaps i only commented it once and never go to it anymore, maybe...

Level 6
The comments were like "Oh, do you want the site to get shut down?!" or "Oh, the site is almost shut down" or some cr*p like that. No matter, I gave the link, so now everybody can extract WoW models... :roll: Okay, so there is a slight flaw in my thought. Not everyone has WoW model MPQ archive... But... Nah. It's too big to mail. But... Models aren't! :D Need a WoW model to extract, PM me! :D :D :D

Level 6
Lol, I'm that sort of guy, undecidable! BUT NOW I DECIDED!!! HA! :p Okay, I'm serious now. Since VGsatomi created a new category for WoW models, I guess, LOCK THIS STINKIN' TOPIC!! (Again, my nerves collapsed) I'm a real topic killer! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.