• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you think the 5th class will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Yeah Miss Did some stuff :*(.
Plus I want them to do a good class that looks good, even without all the fancy gear.
BLIZZARD IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU NEED TO MAKE A NINJA CLASS!

Level 7
They'll do guns, they no longer have a choice, they must, they already put them into Warcraft after #3, 1 & 2 were apparently using same tech as Diablo 1 & 2, they must continue the cycle of adding in guns, and eventually progress towards lazers!!!

WHY the F**k you want lazer omg dude, it would ruin the game totally
also guns would ruin the game ( I HATE GUNS )

Last edited:
Level 27
I'm thinking a bow/crossbow armed range class. Would be nice to have guns (gunpowder and such), but I doubt it.

If they add guns... I'll like this game less.
I hope for something along the lines of a ranger.

Well actually some kind of primitive musket of some kind would be intresting, but I doubt about that too, Diablo is not a place for these kinds of weapons... real men don't fight with heavy machinegus and rocket launchers, they use swords and fireballs! But guns would be awesome.
Actually I would love if there would be some kind of a class that would combine melee and ranged weapons but would be quite weak in magic...

Level 11
I was dreaming about the 5th class today, lol
It was (like you all said) a ranged damage dealer, though it had heavy armor, crossbow, and looked much like a paladn (except it wasn't black and had long hair with a ponytail)

Ye but I actually hope it won't be a ranged damage dealer, cuz that would be dissapointing (seriously, who is not expecting that?)

Level 5
I think a ranged dmg dealer would be fair enough, but the best would be..a priest or sthing, full support hero, with mass/single target healing and buffs

Level 27
Holy cow if its a rogue from the sisters of the sightless eye i'll defintly be buying this game but I dont know how they'll explain the possibility of a male rogue, i thought they only trained females.

their rogues right? so the male rogue is actually a female rogue gone rogue on the gender and had a sex change so that he now can be reffered to as a male rogue instead of a female rogue gone rogue which he formerly was =p

Level 7
Why they have to explain? Probably a thief who have trained himself for many years. Could be...

I know you can get male theives but if the class is based off the sisters of the sightless eye order and has spells specific to that order then it makes no sense for there to be a male option. Sorry but if they did that they'd just be crapping on the lore, don't get confused with the wow Rogues theyre completely different classes.

their rogues right? so the male rogue is actually a female rogue gone rogue on the gender and had a sex change so that he now can be reffered to as a male rogue instead of a female rogue gone rogue which he formerly was =p

errmm... what

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A non human character (furry?) could be potentially cool and fill the furry neitch that the druid did in D2 with more sucess. Additionally it would fit in with the furry character trend they have developed in other games.

However it might look gay when compared to the monks and wizzards which look unbelievably cool. Would fit in pretty well with the witch doctor and barbarian though cause they are pretty messy and rough classes. Also lore might be a problem and fans probably want to expect another uber cool human class. However like the druid, you can probably expect one in an expansion.

What we do notice is currently there are 2 mage classes and 2 physical classes. The witch doctor uses voodo and other more obscure and twisted magic forms filling in as a good evil guy (new incanation of the necromancer from D2). The wizzard fills in as your generic powerful magic user (sorcress) using pure untainted magic. Barbarian is just a more butch version of the same character from the last 2 games. Monk fills in for the martial arts (assassin) which every hand to hand fan wants.

With this data you notice that there is no physical range build. There is a generic magic user (range and melee), a support magic user (range and support), a generic melee pusher class and a specialized multi purpose melee class. Thus the final class will probably use some form of range weapon (doubt guns but probably bows and crossbows / combo melee weapons) and might share retuned versions of moves from the amazon. I would imagine it would aim at 2 modes, one where you fight melee and range like the javazon did in D2 and the other which is range support where it fires various arrows at the enemy while providing buffs like auras and stuff.

Level 27
Ewww, DSG, do you really think Blizzard is spo crawking with furries? Of course theu made a bunch or furry marine portraits (Those that have animals drawn on thier masks, yes I call them furries). But that doesn't mean anything so much. Of course some shape-shifting mage would be intresting, but prbably will be released only in expansions. We kinda like already have a good tank role...

I hope there will be a class that will exploit both melee and ranged combat well, that would be quite fun to use one.
Also it would be intresting if they would release a new class that would be useful in all roles, liek Paladin in D2 who was good mage, damager and tank at same time. The one like this could turn out useful in singleplayer, esspecially for nebies players.

Level 45
Ewww, DSG, do you really think Blizzard is spo crawking with furries? Of course theu made a bunch or furry marine portraits (Those that have animals drawn on thier masks, yes I call them furries).

Well, they probably figured there's tons of them and they probably have money, so why not try to appeal to people who have money? [Worgen for example, they're so furry it's dripping out their ears.]

Level 27
Man that makes a terribly logical sence!
Well, at least it makes me happy that furries are beeing milked like cows. Cows... how do you think, will Bllizard make any easter eggs related to cows in this Diablo game? Secret Action Moo-vie level? Tauren Marine Armor? man so much possibilities, esspecially if they really gonna reference to their other games...

Level 12
Well in my mind it's like this:
Wizard - Sorceress.
Barbarian - Barbarian.
Witch Doctor - Necromancer+Druid.
Monk - Paladin+Assassin.

So that leaves only one.

I'm 99% sure that it will be an a spear/bow using class. Called something like: Rogue/Valkyrie/Ranger.
I doubt that it will be called Amazon again.

Level 2
about an easter egg: it would be good if you will have a lazer muchine gun or so and you have to kill aliens that spawn from 10 space ships that have landed somewhere in a huge zone:grin:. about the class: it will probebly be something related to the amozon, a spear/bow/crossbow user. but some mutated class (demon-human/skeletal-human/skeletal-demon) would be nice...or prehaps an alien...:grin:

Level 18
The Barbarian looks like the tank, the Monk looks like a melee dps guy, the Wizard looks like the fully arcane type and the Witch Doctor like the voodoo/summoning magic class.

I'd say a Ranger would fill the line-up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.