1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What do you think the 5th class will be?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Darkness-4ever, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well actually some kind of primitive musket of some kind would be intresting, but I doubt about that too, Diablo is not a place for these kinds of weapons... real men don't fight with heavy machinegus and rocket launchers, they use swords and fireballs! But guns would be awesome.
    Actually I would love if there would be some kind of a class that would combine melee and ranged weapons but would be quite weak in magic...

2. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    How about a Chuck Norris as a class?

3. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would more likely be a final boss.

4. GregerTheGreat

GregerTheGreat

Resources:
    Resources:
    That would unbalance the game infinitely. You could be afk and win the game in 2 seconds.

5. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Judging from concept art, monk is the one using claw class weapons in this game. I wonder if they will pick something that will make people as upset as they were about that the paladin was black in D2.

6. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe it's a machine lol.

7. Mufanza

Mufanza

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was dreaming about the 5th class today, lol
    It was (like you all said) a ranged damage dealer, though it had heavy armor, crossbow, and looked much like a paladn (except it wasn't black and had long hair with a ponytail)

Ye but I actually hope it won't be a ranged damage dealer, cuz that would be dissapointing (seriously, who is not expecting that?)

8. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe there is no 5th class or maybe blizzard add 2 more classes! ROFL

9. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry I can't wrap my mind around another gay Amazon rip-off

10. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I want an Adventurer, hit-and-run style character with god ranged and melee weapontry skills.

11. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    <3

If you read all of that, the fifth class is most likely to be a Rogue

12. Koloricsi

Koloricsi

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think a ranged dmg dealer would be fair enough, but the best would be..a priest or sthing, full support hero, with mass/single target healing and buffs

13. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Holy cow if its a rogue from the sisters of the sightless eye i'll defintly be buying this game but I dont know how they'll explain the possibility of a male rogue, i thought they only trained females.

14. Koloricsi

Koloricsi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why they have to explain? Probably a thief who have trained himself for many years. Could be...

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    their rogues right? so the male rogue is actually a female rogue gone rogue on the gender and had a sex change so that he now can be reffered to as a male rogue instead of a female rogue gone rogue which he formerly was =p

16. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know you can get male theives but if the class is based off the sisters of the sightless eye order and has spells specific to that order then it makes no sense for there to be a male option. Sorry but if they did that they'd just be crapping on the lore, don't get confused with the wow Rogues theyre completely different classes.

errmm... what

17. StormWarriors2

StormWarriors2

Resources:
    Resources:
    XD i was just as confused as you were. I still think the next class will be ninja

18. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe some half-human/demon guy.

19. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was thinking about a turtle. But really, i was thinking about a half mutant chicken warrior without a leg and his left eye. Lol.
    I'm hoping for a Hunter.

20. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    A non human character (furry?) could be potentially cool and fill the furry neitch that the druid did in D2 with more sucess. Additionally it would fit in with the furry character trend they have developed in other games.

However it might look gay when compared to the monks and wizzards which look unbelievably cool. Would fit in pretty well with the witch doctor and barbarian though cause they are pretty messy and rough classes. Also lore might be a problem and fans probably want to expect another uber cool human class. However like the druid, you can probably expect one in an expansion.

What we do notice is currently there are 2 mage classes and 2 physical classes. The witch doctor uses voodo and other more obscure and twisted magic forms filling in as a good evil guy (new incanation of the necromancer from D2). The wizzard fills in as your generic powerful magic user (sorcress) using pure untainted magic. Barbarian is just a more butch version of the same character from the last 2 games. Monk fills in for the martial arts (assassin) which every hand to hand fan wants.

With this data you notice that there is no physical range build. There is a generic magic user (range and melee), a support magic user (range and support), a generic melee pusher class and a specialized multi purpose melee class. Thus the final class will probably use some form of range weapon (doubt guns but probably bows and crossbows / combo melee weapons) and might share retuned versions of moves from the amazon. I would imagine it would aim at 2 modes, one where you fight melee and range like the javazon did in D2 and the other which is range support where it fires various arrows at the enemy while providing buffs like auras and stuff.