1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What do you hope SCII will bring to you?

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Ralle, May 20, 2007.

1. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's possible that the hybrid zerg/toss race will end up being Xel'naga (the race that bred the zerg swarm and protoss). And yeah, 10 (actually ~9) years of being in the top 10. That's a longass lifespan for a game. Can you imagine how high the pressure to top it will be?

2. SimonKurciski

SimonKurciski

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't mind if they don't put a new race in the game. But it would be very cool if they had some extra races that you could play around with in the editor, like the Naga and Dranei in WC3.

*Kind of off-topic*

What exactly are the Xel'naga? Could someone give me a link to a site with the SC story on it?

3. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is that possible anyway? i remember that the Xel'naga was destroyed by tassadar's flagship or whatever it was. But i cant wait to horde around with BLACK HOLES.

4. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is exactly repeating what I've said in the post right before yours, Simon: the race that bred the zerg swarm and protoss.

They are basically like the Forerunners of Halo, except the races can remember direct contact with them.

@SlAyEr: What the hell are you talking about, the Xel'naga destroyed? That was the Zerg Overmind that Tassadar kamikaze'd his carrier into. And if you want black holes, get Command & Conquer 3. I'm pretty sure the Scrin can do something with them.

5. SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

SlAyEr_oF_GoDs

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh wait that was Zeratul that did something within the Xel'naga with the crystal. have not been reading the books or playing the game in a long time

6. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    What? I know Zeratul ran into Duran, who was creating a Zerg-Protoss hybrid...

7. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Xel'Naga first found the protoss on aiur, and enhanced them in an attempt to create purity of form. they wanted the protoss to unite, but instead they broke up into tribes and began beating the shit out of each other. When the xel'naga decided to leave, the protoss saw this as an act of hostility and began shooting at the ships. though the majority survived, the protoss continued fighting each other in a period known as the aeon of strife. the xel'naga left to the planet zerus, where they found a puny little species known as the zerg, who were little harmless larva, but had genetic versatility and psionic sensitivity. They helped the zerg be able to affect their surroundings in parasitic ways, and soon the zerg were infesting things and absorbing them into their gene pool. the xel'naga decided to try to control this race by creating the overmind. the overmind pretty much betrayed them and killed off most of the xel'naga. the ones that escaped are now unknown.

Most of what I've said was reiterating wikipedia.

8. SimonKurciski

SimonKurciski

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also, I hope SC2 will bring me this one specific GUI function.

Unit - Clear Building que of (Whatever unit)

If that single thing was in WC3 it would make my life so much easier.

9. Beeb0z

Beeb0z

Resources:
    Resources:
    It'd be cool if scII had as much freedom with the camera as WCIII or Warhammer 40,000. Is there any info on that?

Or model / skin editing?

10. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's probably even more freedom than with WCIII. Have you seen any of the things where they show off the units? The camera turns a lot.

11. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    MySpaceBar, the protoss broke into tribes and such because the Xel'Naga left.

And that zeratul thing with the crystal was Zeratul and Artanis activating the crystal in the Xel'Naga temple to wipe out the Zerg on Shakuras

12. Moontraveler

Moontraveler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One thing I would love is the feature to ban from the custom game list (Only for you though..) and also have a few games that you like at the top (And again only for yourself) it would make searching so much easier...
    Able to make heros in the editor but never in melee games.....

13. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I've always wanted to filter out DotA ;) (I'm being serious here)

14. Beeb0z

Beeb0z

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only a few of them show the units at a different angle though. The rest (and the majority) of what I've seen was like the usual RTS birds-eye-view of everything.

15. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know but one thing that we will get :D

Lagg. On B.net.

16. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can't get rid of lag. It's not Battle.Net, it's the users. If one user has a shitty computer/connection and plays on Battle.Net, then there will be lag. Until every single Battle.Net user has a highspeed internet connection, plenty of memory, and an above-average videocard, expect lag, it comes with the price tag.

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, and that's what I mean, if it laggs with Wc3 (kinda crappy graphics), then how much will it lagg with SC2? :p (├╝ber graphics)

18. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Any chump wont be able to buy the game and play it like with WC3 though, you'll actually need some hardware to meet the minimum requirements. That way, we wont have as many lagging noobs (I hope).

19. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    as far as ive heard SC2's system requirements will be a bit flexible. i have this feeling that 64kers are not going to feel the love though.

20. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank god, too, eh?... I always hated those guys on BNet -.-