• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do i need to do do be a closed beta tester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
simple as the title states if as i read ur beta team is full, then ill just sign up justincase som1 leaves or s spot is open. i am very dedicated to the prject but i cant donate because i dont have a credit card(i ahve the money) and i suck at world edit so i prtetty much am usless if thre is 1 way i can help it is bug finding. i'll put my endless hours of computer play time to good use as a beta tester (and i realy wanan play this map :) ) so what do i need to qualify/test? edit: oh and why is it that time i make a thread it always ends up with atleast 2 or more pages and ends up as a discussion about a feature or 2 i ask about? i wanna join the team in the only way i can that will be helpfull i play on my hi edge computer atleast 5 hours a day and if i get this map i will find every single problem there is to be found

Level 25
The Closed Beta team is usually hard to get into at first. But we manage to either make room or kick useless people out for those who are truely dedicated to testing.

So here are the six TRUE things we honestly look for, and if you lie about it in your application, you won't be a participant in any other Closed Betas ever again. Eventually we'll find out if you're lying once we get the multiplayer servers up and all that.

The six things we look for are:
  • Dedication, Commitment, and loyalty to the Wc3:WoW Team and testing the beta.
  • Internet speed (How fast you download and upload files)
  • Activity (How much you're active around the forums, website, and on MSN or Xfire)
  • Maturity (If you're very immature, especially when speaking with members of the Wc3:WoW Team, we take that as a very unprofessional insult and affects you application negatively)
  • Experience (If you have experience with beta testing other games or popular maps or strong experience with the World Editor, this helps your application a lot. Eventually we find out this as well, pretty easily too.)
  • Contributions (If you've contributed some files or something special for Wc3:WoW, that too usually helps your application.)

If you fail at all of those, I really doubt you'll get in. Especially when the beta team is as cramped as it is now!
~Craka_J

Level 3
im sorry but kick me out untioll i send u a message because my comp just got busted yesterday (im on my moms comp) so i feel like total crap and i do have beta experiance ive betaed dragon fable and a game (that got shut down) named phylon

Level 25
Answer these three questions and include a brief or detailed description about yourself and why you want to beta test it:

• 1)Is your internet connection usually fast?
  • 2)Do you download and upload large files (30mb-80mb) in about an hour and a half tops?
  • 3)Will you report all bugs and suggestions that you've found while playing the beta to us at the forums or by emailing the Wc3:WoW Team?
~Craka_J

Level 2
I also would like to Join.
For Two Reasons.
First is im a 3d animator/modeler
Second I have been looking for something like this for years
Oh and here are the answers to all those questions
1-Yes. Usually at around 3000-4000k
2-Yes. Around 30m-80m less than 10 minutes
3-And last but most importantly,Yes is a definate.

oh and just becuz im new to the forum doesnt mean that im new to the site.
i have been using this group since wc3sear.ch

Level 21
it's 10 Mbp minute; that's 170 Kbps. Not extremelly fast though. You probably have a 24 megabit connection. playing games doesn't have a large influence as far as I know, because it's been optimised to require as little datatransfer as possible...

didn't know it was that easy to apply for the beta team, so here it goes:
1) my speed is very constant at most of the times.
2) Usually around 250 kbps, downloaded 1,4 gig in less than an hour a week ago. Top speed usually depends on the uploadspeed of the site...
3) that's what beta's are for, right?

I've got quite a lot of experience with WE; not good at jassing though (can read through a script, but it stays at reading usually). I'd like to betatest because: I don't want to wait for wc3WoW to go gold :). Also, if this is a way I can contribute to the project, I'd be glad to point out some bugs. Above that, I just like gaming.
I'm 17, that doesn't necessarily make me mature, but I don't think I act like a little whiny kid, so...

Level 2
Answer these three questions and include a brief or detailed description about yourself and why you want to beta test it:

• 1)Is your internet connection usually fast?
  • 2)Do you download and upload large files (30mb-80mb) in about an hour and a half tops?
  • 3)Will you report all bugs and suggestions that you've found while playing the beta to us at the forums or by emailing the Wc3:WoW Team?
~Craka_J

1) Well sure. (EDIT: Consistent at most times, but the bandwidth usually goes down when traffic is high.)
2) Download speed (80MB), that takes me like 10 or 20 minutes.
I don't know about uploading though :hohum:
3) Obviously, who wouldn't? That's like being an Accountant and not calculating all the bills.

Level 9
Application letter

I'm very dedicated to what I like to do.
I love Warcraft, and when I discovered this website with outstanding models, maps and so many more other resources I loved Warcraft even more, and i still do that.
I think that a beta tester is a person who tests a ingame map and how the game is made, like triggers and so on.
I've never been a beta tester, but I have a lot of experiecing in editing and creating maps in WE, and I think I know well the triggers.
About my activity in this type of websites and Internet speed: every day of my life I came here, to this site to see the new maps, models, spells and the other great resources uploaded here, and I have the msn always on. my internet speed is sometimes a bit slow in the download of the battlenet but, downloading maps here is extremly fast.
Maturity is something I think I have. here, in this website, I've never talked to anyone without good manners, I can prove that in all the comments in models, spells and maps with the name "Wizardum".
I have a lot of projects, a lot of ideas, but I've just uploaded 3 spells and 1 map. But i'm working on a new one that I'm sure will be uploaded here.

i think this is all i've to tell about the requirements of the closer beta tester.

do anyone of you will send me a message if i will be accepted? or will you post here?

thanks for the time reading this.

Level 25
Right now the Closed Beta team is really tight and crowded. But I plan on doing a lot of cleaning up with the beta team and hopefully will make enough room to squeeze in a few other people... In the meantime, I'll add you to the beta waiting list. :smile:

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.