• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What condition is your keyboard?

What condition is your keyboard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Mine's pretty dirty, the enter key is also loose and falls off all the time, I've started using the numpad enter key.

Also, there's some keys that have been "dug into", meaning that the letters on them are gone. WASD, V, NM, spacebar too actually. E is starting to fade aswell.

I'm using a laptop by the way. There's food for all of Africa beneath the keys.

Level 19
I have this keyboard for like 3 years and its in perfect condition. All of the buttons are rock solid but yeah i only cleaned it once xD

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Fully functional, though it doesn't look new .. that applies for both my keyboards - one which is over 5 years old, all keys are intact, but the originally light grey colour is a tad brown between the keys - the other is about one and a half year old, black.. there's some dust between the keys, but everything works and the keys do not look used. If I took the Rainbow[ref] and sucked the dust out, and wiped over it, it would look new.

Level 5
im missing some of the special keys like club/hp key and [?] key plus i cant hold shift to make a few capital letters like T and Y and i cant make special symbols above the number between 1-4 and 7-0 so the only 2 i can make are % and ^. the volume up button works but not the volume down and mute. thats all ive noticed so far.

Level 34
It's black, so you can't really see the grease marks unlike on a white keyboard. No keys falling out, everything fully readable. Though when late-morning sunlight, you can easily see all dust and marks on it.

Level 6
had this wireless keyboard and mouse set for 6+ years now. other than the grease, dust, and never have been cleaned it is great, its black so most of the dust is hard to notice. but you can pretty much tell which keys i hit a lot and which I've never used *cough*cough*Pause/Break Button*cough

sorry had to cough there.

Level 7
White keyboard, have it for 5 years now, and it's in the same condition it was when I bought it, only thing that is broken is those little legs you use to lift it up a bit... I don't know what they are called.

Level 7
Black keyboard i got... well in it are some crubs (i shouldnt eat at a keyboard :D) , one time i wetted the keyboard with ice tea but not fully , was still working at last but the tab key didnt go up when i pressed it... 2times the keyboard felt down from the table some keys felt out , i needed give them back. But its still working well :grin:

Level 22
Mine is 4 years old. It's fully functional, but the letters on my A, S, D keys (not W for some unknown reason) are almost invisible. Also the text on the "shift" button is almost gone. The rest of the keys are fine. Also, my "E" button is almost unused as the letter "E" on it kinda stands out, i.e it's not flat like the others. I can feel the "E" when I swipe my finger over hit. The same applies for the "C" button.
Edit: And the "B" button :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Mine is 4 years old. It's fully functional, but the letters on my A, S, D keys (not W for some unknown reason) are almost invisible. Also the text on the "shift" button is almost gone. The rest of the keys are fine. Also, my "E" button is almost unused as the letter "E" on it kinda stands out, i.e it's not flat like the others. I can feel the "E" when I swipe my finger over hit. The same applies for the "C" button.
Edit: And the "B" button :D

I can explain W - it's not something you use a lot when writing. Oh wait, yes it is in English.. scrap that. I was thinking Norwegian. - W count 5. A count 8. S count 8. HMM! Okay, but E .. that's generally the USE key when playing games with WASD controllers. C is often crouch. B however, is a letter I hardly use at all. I don't need words like beautiful and .. oh shi- I need beer.

Level 22
W is for moving forward, so you usually just hold that, but you don't always go backwards or left or right, so you click it several times. That's my theory.
What about shift? Could it have something to do with me capitalizing correctly?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

W is for moving forward, so you usually just hold that, but you don't always go backwards or left or right, so you click it several times. That's my theory.
What about shift? Could it have something to do with me capitalizing correctly?

You just don't know there's a a CAPSLOCK for when you want to yell at people.

Level 15
inside, it's completely filled with crumbs of bread and food

the ' key falls off at times, and can't be properly attached anymore, same with the V key, it falls off at times and i have to keep picking it up from where it falls.

a few keys have a strange sticky, black substance.

the touch pad is completely fucked, only the "right click" works now, i have to tap the touch pad twice to click

the holes on the speakers are filled with bread crumbs too, impossible to get those out.

greasy keys too, when i was playin dota in the summer, fucking thing got stuck and used Sunder on a dying enemy player.

screen is dirty too, i confused "homy" for "horny" a few months back.

oh did i mention it's a laptop? D:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aye, I am guessing he lacks NUMBERS, 'cause he didn't name a price! >:)

Level 16
Oh okay, I just understood the topic of that thread lulz.

Well, no text is erased and nothing's broken. Everything's ok, only like 'enter' and 'spacebar' got bit of shit on, but I could just get unlazy, take it away and have a freshoutofthebox keyboard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.