• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what class do you want to see in this?

Which class you want to see the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
God, you people love your imba characters.
I'm glad they are adding new stuff. Why would I want to play an old class I already know? I want something new to play with.

Level 6
Necro was too imba in D2...so they have just deleted him....

They can balance classes easily.

A class too powerful? Just weaken the skills or stats. Too weak? Strengthen the skills or stats.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they kept all the D2 classes back, even if they had nearly the same skill set.

Though, the new classes seem like a spiritual successor to the D2 classes.

Witch Doctor = Necromancer
Wizard = Sorceress

I feel like "5 classes" is a little "low" for D3. I mean, D1 had 3, D2 had 5, D3 should have at least 7 classes.

The gap between D1 and D2 is 3 years. Gap between D2 and D3 is 9+ years. So I DEMAND at least 7 classes but if they have 5, that'd be fine IF the classes have more "quality" than the D2 classes.

Well, it depends whether on how many abilities each class gets:
1. If each class has more abilities than D2 classes, that'd be fine.
2. If each class has more "long lasting" abilities than D2 classes, that'd also be fine. For example, who gets and maxes out Frost Nova on sorceress? Also, how about lightning? They're just abilities that become quickly obsolete by newer abilities.
3. If there is some new "fancy" skill system in D3(like being able to combine skills or something), that's also be fine.

Anyway, I'll just have to wait and see what new features in D3 are, besides new story/characters, dungeons, and classes before deciding whether 5 classes is a too little or not.

What form that support will take is still being discussed, but we are being careful to avoid features that can easily lead to griefing, such as the ability to go hostile at will.

I always thought it was odd that they gave the ability for players to attack on will in D1 and D2.

They should have done a "both players accept dueling" method instead(which it sounds like they're doing for D3 maybe).

Another odd thing is why did they make it so when you kill Cow King, you can't create Secret Cow Level portal anymore? I don't really get that, besides annoying people and making the Cow King items more rarer(cow king items are mediocre compared to other high level items though).

Level 24
Comparing D1 to D2 is like comparing Wc2 to Wc3... they're hardly similar, so I wouldn't base any "trends" off that.

Also, what's with you people have having thousands of different classes? 5 in D2 was more than enough to get a lot of quality play.

1.Agree
2.Probably imagination and the fact that they'll like something new
3.No.5 were enough for a period,the fact that they added Druid and Assassin was a masterpiece,I could say that one of the factors that raised Diablo's reputation were these 2 classes!

And also,Diablo 1 was another masterpiece,I must say it was a very good intro to this saga!

So grim and so awesome!

Level 23
3.No.5 were enough for a period,the fact that they added Druid and Assassin was a masterpiece,I could say that one of the factors that raised Diablo's reputation were these 2 classes!

I don't agreed. Sure, my favorite class became the Assassin, but I don't think this is why the reputation increased. They made a bunch of changes too - The runes, the class only items, the new events (even though they are buggy/abusable but still), the potion buying editing, new hotkeys, new buy item features and such. I found myself pretty bored with d2. But again, the runewords and duping screw expansion up bigtime.

Level 24
I don't agreed. Sure, my favorite class became the Assassin, but I don't think this is why the reputation increased. They made a bunch of changes too - The runes, the class only items, the new events (even though they are buggy/abusable but still), the potion buying editing, new hotkeys, new buy item features and such. I found myself pretty bored with d2. But again, the runewords and duping screw expansion up bigtime.

Eccho,you don't get attached to runes and items!

...the bond is with your character!

I remember my Lady Slash,level 53 assassin , I cried when she was deleted :gg:

Level 23
^^ I just don't think that the classes itself was the reason to become popular. But I know what you mean. Generally I hate the runes since it fails now due to the glitches, but at the first glance I thought they rocked:p

My bond lies somewhere back in the old days when I had a Phoenix Assassin. I remember how crappy items I had though.

Level 34
Newuser, the quality of each class is going to be better. The whole spell system is getting a re-haul, and you will get to customize spells. Kinda like runes for WoW.

Level 23
Yes, and I believe synergy skill bonuses are replaced (at least in a more controllable way). They are trying to get the game as varied as possible, variating the use of spells all the time. Not a silly Light-Sorceress with 215% fcr and so on...

Level 11
I personally dont like that with those health orbs, i think that there will be issues with picking them up in swarm of enemies, like when you'r fighting 15 enemies and you'r on low hp, so you want to pick an orb but you keep clicking on enemy xD, but dunno, i just assume.

Level 6
I personally dont like that with those health orbs, i think that there will be issues with picking them up in swarm of enemies, like when you'r fighting 15 enemies and you'r on low hp, so you want to pick an orb but you keep clicking on enemy xD, but dunno, i just assume.
Yeah i totally (dis)agree, u should be immortal instead...

Level 45
CYBERDEMON!

Diablo%20vs%20Cyberdemon.png

Level 11
Yeah i totally (dis)agree, u should be immortal instead...
I meant only that it could be hard to pick them in swarm of monsters... didnt say its a bad idea... ccc, anyway necromancer will probably come in expansion, as they said, coz lots of ppl want him in game.
I would like to see some kind of assassin in d3.
There are barb, mage, shaman, now probbly some pure dps, like ass in d2, or rogue like char, and the 5th, dunno, i think they will give us somting new, like in d2 LOD druid idea.

Level 23
It still exists, but was only popular during the summer when they didnt have a clue of what it would become. The counter has stopped too, around 50.000. But its not increasing anymore (or at least very very slowly)...

Level 34
It still exists, but was only popular during the summer when they didnt have a clue of what it would become. The counter has stopped too, around 50.000. But its not increasing anymore (or at least very very slowly)...
Good, hopefully people are coming to their senses. I hate how nowadays games must = realism, and apparently that means the graphics must be made up of shades of gray.

Yes I've been watching too much Zero Punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.