1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What champion would you like to see next?

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by Razosh, May 22, 2015.

1. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  2. jopi

jopi

Resources:
    Resources:
    you forgot, the Medic hero^^

Actually I'm saving up gold for Rexxar or Artanis... hopefully we get some more info about Artanis' skillset befor Rexxar's release :)

btw I've made a hero concept for Maiev Shadowsong. How do you like it, or do you have any suggestions? And to make things clear I did not give her a simple blink, because I did not want to have a second zeratul...

btw If anyone likes the presentation feel free to contact me I can send you the base file for your own concepts.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sounds like she would make good meat for the butcher or practice for Illidan.

Stealth is more her kind of thing. Permanent cloak when not visible by the enemy (not in line of sight) and extra damage for breaking cloak would fit her. Ultimatly her role would be some what similar to Nova and Zeratul except she would have more laneing power than Nova and less then Zeratul. She would have less hero assassination power than Nova but more than Zeratul (shadow strike which slows and deals good damage, some mobility skill etc).

Her basic moves...
    Shadow Strike -> slows and deals good damage to enemy hero, has casting time
    Fan of Knives -> deals some area damage and boost movement speed
    Blink Strike -> teleports to target enemy unit and deals damage

Strength -> good single target damage, good chase
    Weakness -> poorish siege/lane capabilities, poor disengage.

4. hiphop4eva

hiphop4eva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, how did you do that concept thing?

5. jopi

jopi

Resources:
    Resources:
    well I took a screen from HotS and used the same colors as they are used in HotS. Also the hexagons are a repetitive thing in its design, so I also included it.
    This design is made by me completely with the only exception being the Icon's pictures (the hexagon border is made by me). For this I used GIMP.

6. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's obvious that Mephisto is the most needed. Also, Diablo 3 better bring him to a new expansion or Blizzard will go bankrupt.

7. Crystalknoct

Crystalknoct

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes please...

8. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Mephisto is never given much appearance in the games(Diablo has well, DI, DII and DII and Baal has DII) even lesser evils appeared more briefly than him. So yeah, Mephisto please!

9. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yash!

10. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Newerz!

1.ALARAK!!!
    2.Karax
    3.Fenix/Talandar
    4.Gul'dan
    5.Winston
    6.Blackthorne
    7.Mephisto
    8.Malthael
    9.Rohana
    10.Tosh
    11.Cairne
    12.Velen
    13.Maraad
    14.Genji
    15.Hanzo
    16.Dr.Boom
    17.Inkeeper
    18.Sarlac
    19.Roadhog
    20.Narud/Duran
    21.Shokia/Riko/Kiryn
    22.GARROSH!
    23.Mal'ganis
    23.Rory Swann
    24.Stukov
    25.Selendis
    26.Maiev
    27.Widowmaker
    28.Soldier:76
    29.Taran Zhu
    30.Baal...Umm...That seems...much?

11. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Cairne is a very interesting decision and I would definitely like to see him in the game. Also it might be worth noting that the Dragon Aspects were requested at the Q&A at BlizzCon and Blizzards response was "we'll think about it". If I had to select one StarCraft character to join it would definitely be Arcturus Mengsk and from the Diablo universe I'd pick Mephisto or Baal.

12. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    How I think about them adding Cairne is through Baine. Since Blizzard is pretty much getting imspiration from DotA somehow *cough*Brightwing*cough*Lunara*cough*, Baine might have Cairne as an "ancestor" like Earth Warden Titanguy whatever.

13. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't know why people try to throw stealing ideas as a badge of shame, of course they use the ideas that DotA has because it works. It is the same reason why everyone uses ideas from WoW and Everquest. Besides the game was supposed to be named Blizzard DotA of course it is going to steal a few ideas from DotA. If it makes the game better I'm all for re-using other games ideas.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  14. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't even know that I'd call it stealing. In two parts:

The aggressive version: Considering the fact that DotA themselves have "stolen" ideas
    from Wc3 ever since the IP was created, in terms of spell and hero designs, I'd say that
    Blizzard is merely re-taking what is theirs, so to speak.

The passive version: Taking inspiration from and "stealing" are not the same,
    if anything, I'd say Blizzard is praising the DotA team for making similar heroes
    themselves.

-

Surely, you can't mean that? And even so, in what mech? (You wouldn't want him plain,
    without being inside a vehicle.) But my former question still stands: How can you even
    say that? Mengsk is unbearable.

15. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay so two questions there, first is combat ability second is why I'd want him. As of why I think he'd work is because of the same reason Gazlowe and Li-Li works, they're neither of them great warriors yet fight on skill level of Diablo, Nova and Arthas. As of why I want him he's a huge part of the lore and even though he's hardly a protagonist I still liked the role he played.

16. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. yes
    5. yes
    6. no

I would like to see vol'jin, actually. Could be pretty cool.

17. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Anyone make a yes/no on my list XD

18. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources: