• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What are your favorite movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Woot Hot Fuzz! :D

hot-fuzz-poster-1.jpg

Level 17
My favorite movies? YOU DARE ASK ME MY FAVORITE MOVIES?
Well then you shall get an answer because of your awesome-awesomeness.

- Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Even though one of my favorite parts in the last book got skipped, still kickass.)
- Kickass
- Gladiator
- Elizabeth
- The Matrix Trilogy
- The Shining

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I've had this question asked just recently. I'll answer with my favorite films at this particular moment. If you ask me in 10 seconds, I might state different movies.
That clear, let's get this started.
Favorite
American Beauty
Memento
Requiem for a Dream
Pulp Fiction
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Fight Club
Incredibly Lousy
Transformers 2
House of Blood: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460742/
Big Stan

Level 22
Some of my favorites are Let the right one in, Blade Runner, Takeshi's Zatôichi, Irréversible, Oldboy, Requiem for a Dream, Spirited Away, Braveheart, Pan's Labyrinth, and of course The Lord of the Rings.

There are not many genres I don't like, but one of them has got to be Western... Can't stand most of those.

Incredibly Lousy

Hah, House of Blood. I've seen that one. One of those movies which is so bad it's good. To me at least. :p

Level 11
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Lucky Number Slevin
Saving Private Ryan
Ninja Assassin
Coming to America
Just Visiting
Gladiator
Toy Story (actually every Pixar movie)
The Lion King
Dumb and Dumber
The Longest Yard
Waterboy
Happy Gilmore
Star Wars 1-6
Book of Eli

Level 12
me
- Final Fantasy 7 AC
- LOTR (all)
- Saw 4
- American Pie (All)
and... is this =)

Level 3
There are so many so I say few rare ones:

Curse Of The Golden Flower
The Time Machine
Fearless

Wow it is somewhat hard to fathom that theres actually someone here with a good taste. Ill rep you just for that buddy xD

And surely you're downloading those movies legally? ;P
I lolled, I've torrented every single movie worth seeing but what are you doing to do about it ^^

Software
Piracy The Hive Workshop does not condone, encourage, support or tolerate the use of any appz, cracks, hacks, spoofers, torrents, warez or any other type of bootleg, illegal or pirated software (or techniques). The posting of such material or links to it are absolutely forbidden. Posts or threads referring to these subjects may be deleted without warning. Violators may be banned.

Well we can report you ↓
Violators may be banned.

Level 3
Software
Piracy The Hive Workshop does not condone, encourage, support or tolerate the use of any appz, cracks, hacks, spoofers, torrents, warez or any other type of bootleg, illegal or pirated software (or techniques). The posting of such material or links to it are absolutely forbidden. Posts or threads referring to these subjects may be deleted without warning. Violators may be banned.

Well we can report you ↓
Oh no, that would mean that the effort of having made 11 posts would be forfeit and that I have to make another account, horrible :/
Still, I gotta agree that curse of the golden flower and fearless are excellent movies :3

Level 14
Oh no, that would mean that the effort of having made 11 posts would be forfeit and that I have to make another account, horrible :/
Still, I gotta agree that curse of the golden flower and fearless are excellent movies :3
Software

Well we can report you ↓

Well this is not a copyright defender site, so i think it would be a bit too much to ban him, he just said that he/she has downloaded movies illegally.

Level 18
There have been some good movies mentioned (Ramza & fladdermasken) My favorites would be (in no particular order):

-Let the Right One In
-Inglorious Basterds
-The Hurt Locker
-The Messenger
-Shaun of the Dead
-Stardust (yes it is awesome, shut up!)
-Downfall
-Memento
-The Hangover
-Wedding Crashers
-Interview with the Vampire

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Wow will I get torched for this one... THE DARK KNIGHT IS OVERRATED!
It wasn't all that good. Yes it was good film. Really good actually, but legendary? No sir, not in a thousand years.
The reason why this film picked up so much credits and the reason why Heath Ledger was even nominated for an oscar is because of his... Unfortunate Event.
Heath Ledger was incredibly good, but he wasn't that good.

Last edited:
@fladdermasken: Torching.
What do you describe 'that good', huh? Jennifer Connelly taking drugs? Brad Pitt selling soap and reverse-aging?
I am joking, but, please elaborate why Heath Ledger was not 'that good'? The Dark Knight is not overrated, Avatar is btw. Also, you should show some respect. It is not because he died that he won an oscar, he earned it. I can prove it; he won one for BB Mountain (shocking movie though, never seen it, never will) WHILE he was living.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
@fladdermasken: Torching.
What do you describe 'that good', huh? Jennifer Connelly taking drugs? Brad Pitt selling soap and reverse-aging?
I am joking, but, please elaborate why Heath Ledger was not 'that good'? The Dark Knight is not overrated, Avatar is btw. Also, you should show some respect. It is not because he died that he won an oscar, he earned it. I can prove it; he won one for BB Mountain (shocking movie though, never seen it, never will) WHILE he was living.
There's a fine line between superb and oscar worthy. Saying Heath Ledger deserves it because he got an oscar for an earlier film isn't really the correct way to approach this. Mel Gibson has won two oscar in total, would that mean you would award him an oscar for What Women Want? My theory about him being nominated because of his suicide is my oppinion, I don't have any remarkable statistics to prove my claim. As for why I think he wasn't "that good" is self explanatory really, I didn't consider his performance worthy enough for a nomination
Again to clarify, this is merely my oppinion and I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever.
Favorite movie? Probably The Departed. The director knows precisely what it means to be suspenseful, and the acting is just spot-on.
Yes, an incredible film indeed. And the soundtrack really hits the spot.

Last edited:
You mistook me, I didn't mean:
'He should get an oscar because of another film'
I meant:
'He has already proven his skills as a good actor because he got an oscar from a previous film'
You can't just say that you didn't consider his performance worthy of a nomination. You need to supply reasons AT LEAST, eg. his make-up was bad. That statement is completely subjective (which is alright) and has no reason (which isn't).

I liked The Departed as well. But I didn't want Leo to die in the elevator!!!

Level 26
My theory about him being nominated because of his suicide is my oppinion, I don't have any remarkable statistics to prove my claim. As for why I think he wasn't "that good" is self explanatory really, I didn't consider his performance worthy enough for a nomination
Again to clarify, this is merely my oppinion and I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever.
It's not that you don't have statistics; you don't have anything. No reasoning at all to support your statement that the Dark Knight isn't "that good". If you have the gall to say that Heath Ledger got an Oscar because he's dead and not because of talent, back it up. I can make a long list of reasons for why I like the films I like or dislike, be it great camera techniques, expressive acting, an emotive soundtrack, or anything. These two word phrases don't even begin to do them justice. Back it up.

Level 8
i go for crime-suspense, and sci-fi but not to the point of aliens vs humans with laser blasters.. i mean, Day after Tomorrow, the Core, etc..

inspirational and reflective ones like Robbin Williams movies, Fireproof, Facing the Giants..:)

i also like fantasy that has a rich lore and denizens (LotR, and the like), but not those who focus only on one character or story (Harry Potter). got my flow?:)

Level 17
These were my favorite childhood movies -
Tarzan
Alladin
Hercules
The Jungle Book
The Lion King
Sleeping Beauty
Pinocchio

Just thought you'd want to know that :)

Level 22
I can make a long list of reasons for why I like the films I like or dislike, be it great camera techniques, expressive acting, an emotive soundtrack, or anything.

Do make such a list for The Dark Knight. ;P

I think, for a mainstream comic-book movie, The Dark Knight is really good (probably the best comic-book movie). But when compared to all other movies out there, not that much. I would give it around a 7/10 myself.

Though I gotta admit I don't really like those superhero movies. I just can't take characters seriously if they're wearing costumes like Superman or Batman. :I

Level 18
Though I gotta admit I don't really like those superhero movies. I just can't take characters seriously if they're wearing costumes like Superman or Batman. :I
A problem that I have with most of the superhero movies is that having characters with supernatural powers kills a lot of the suspense and can kill the believability of the movie for me. Now what I like about Christopher Nolan's Batman movies is that there are no superpowers in them and the characters actually do have motives for their deeds. Whether a movie is overrated I find a bit difficult to judge without knowing what rating to go by. :v

Edit: How did I typo overrated as complicated? ._.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.