• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What are your favorite movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
films4u said:
aaa....you should read what i wrote in my signature or something like that.i do have over 1200 films.
And i do not have a lot of films i also have over 700 cartoons of all kinds.and at least 20 disks ofg anime. :D
Unlike you i take moovies to see them not just to collect.
i bet you 10$ you diden't see them all.

Level 2
Youre ON!
should i send you a letter with the names of the moovies and a small description for each? :)

Level 4
Okay you know my e-mail.
and it might be a little hard to describe 1200 miivies and 500 cartoons. :D

Level 4
I already did a few days ago :x

And may i ask when did you watched 1200 movies and 700 cartoons? :?

Level 5
Whats your Favorite movies?

My favorite movies would have to be Pirates of the Carribean 1, 2, and 3 Alien v.s predator, and the LOTR Trilogy.

Level 36
LOTR and Star Wars have to take the cake for my two favourite series'. Then comes The Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black, and up there with it, every movie Kevin Smith has ever made with the exception of Jersey Girl (So we're talking, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks 2). I really like Scary Movie 3 for comedy, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter for awesomely low-budget horror, The Departed is my favourite crime movie, followed by Brooklyn Rules. Sleepy Hollow is another favourite. I liked the original Pirates of the Caribbean, it was the best of the series; though the second one blew tremendously, and then the third only partially made up for it. Really the only thing worth watching about Dead Man's Chest is all of the jar of dirt jokes, which were hilarious.

Bender's Big Score is obviously one of my favourite direct-to-DVD movies, Futurama being my favourite TV show and all. Oh yeah, Beerfest was awesome, as well as Super Troopers, both done by the Broken Lizard troup. Falling Down is one of my favourite suspense movies, followed by Kalifornia. Of course, my indie favourite is the Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, and not just because the soundtrack was done by Queens of the Stone Age.

Back in the action department: 300. And then comedy again: Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Fantasy: Harry Potter. Seriously, a few of them (Namely the third) were incredibly well done just from a cinematographic aspect, whether you like the content or not.

God bless the Matrix. Another of my favourites (Rounding out the top 4, which are all series': LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Matrx).

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a good movie, but still nothing next to the books. It still get's honorable mentions for taking 20+ years to come into being.

Back into action: Two great Tarantino films: Pulp Fiction (My favourite) and Reservoir Dogs. Damned good movies.

And how can I have a list of comedy movies without Robin Hood: Men in Tights? This movie is hysterical, and features an up-and-coming (at the time) actor named Dave Chapelle. In terms of the real deal, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves was the best version.

Oceans 11 was really good, I mean, it was actually better than the original. But forget all the rest after that, 12 and 13 were total letdowns.

Stargate is also one of the better science fiction movies i've watched, and the TV series was actually damned good for a while. While i'm at it, I Am Legend and I, Robot were both kickass too, as well as Men in Black.

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny was everything that Spinal Tap was and more.

The Golden Compass was a faithful venture into the books of Philip Pullman, and I enjoyed it. Speaking of Daniel Craig...

James Bond! Though my favourite of the series is Goldeneye, every single Bond film i've seen (nearly all of them) have captivated. I await Bond 22 this November.

And now, for underrated indie flick of the century: THE WARRIORS! Yes, Rockstar made that one game? It was based around this '79 movie directed by Walter Hill and produced by Joel Stone. You may remember that Joel Silver guy from producing the Matrix trilogy and countless other mega-blockbusters 20 years later.

The Breakfast Club was hilarious, so they get props for being an awesome, albeit highly cheesy, 80's movie.

Both Underworld and Underworld 2 should recieve credit for being great horror experiences, though light on the horror and heavy on the everything else, namely blood and gore.

A lot of Jim Carey's movies (in the 90's anyway) should be on here, so we're talking Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, the Cable Guy, Me Myself and Irene, Dumb and Dumber etc.

The CKY series should get credit for doing everything Jackass wouldn't do and a whole bunch more.

And lest we forget about the entire Austin Powers series! Groovy baby!

In no particular order, to wrap things up: Office Space, Rat Race, Bruce Almighty, Little Nicky, the Mummy series, the Simpsons Movie, and finally, Superbad.

That is all, I might edit this post into a list for your viewing pleasure at a later date.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
LOTR and Star Wars have to take the cake for my two favourite series'. Then comes The Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black, and up there with it, every movie Kevin Smith has ever made with the exception of Jersey Girl (So we're talking, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks 2). I really like Scary Movie 3 for comedy, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter for awesomely low-budget horror, The Departed is my favourite crime movie, followed by Brooklyn Rules. Sleepy Hollow is another favourite. I liked the original Pirates of the Caribbean, it was the best of the series; though the second one blew tremendously, and then the third only partially made up for it. Really the only thing worth watching about Dead Man's Chest is all of the jar of dirt jokes, which were hilarious.

Bender's Big Score is obviously one of my favourite direct-to-DVD movies, Futurama being my favourite TV show and all. Oh yeah, Beerfest was awesome, as well as Super Troopers, both done by the Broken Lizard troup. Falling Down is one of my favourite suspense movies, followed by Kalifornia. Of course, my indie favourite is the Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, and not just because the soundtrack was done by Queens of the Stone Age.

Back in the action department: 300. And then comedy again: Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Fantasy: Harry Potter. Seriously, a few of them (Namely the third) were incredibly well done just from a cinematographic aspect, whether you like the content or not.

God bless the Matrix. Another of my favourites (Rounding out the top 4, which are all series': LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Matrx).

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a good movie, but still nothing next to the books. It still get's honorable mentions for taking 20+ years to come into being.

Back into action: Two great Tarantino films: Pulp Fiction (My favourite) and Reservoir Dogs. Damned good movies.

And how can I have a list of comedy movies without Robin Hood: Men in Tights? This movie is hysterical, and features an up-and-coming (at the time) actor named Dave Chapelle. In terms of the real deal, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves was the best version.

Oceans 11 was really good, I mean, it was actually better than the original. But forget all the rest after that, 12 and 13 were total letdowns.

Stargate is also one of the better science fiction movies i've watched, and the TV series was actually damned good for a while. While i'm at it, I Am Legend and I, Robot were both kickass too, as well as Men in Black.

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny was everything that Spinal Tap was and more.

The Golden Compass was a faithful venture into the books of Philip Pullman, and I enjoyed it. Speaking of Daniel Craig...

James Bond! Though my favourite of the series is Goldeneye, every single Bond film i've seen (nearly all of them) have captivated. I await Bond 22 this November.

And now, for underrated indie flick of the century: THE WARRIORS! Yes, Rockstar made that one game? It was based around this '79 movie directed by Walter Hill and produced by Joel Stone. You may remember that Joel Silver guy from producing the Matrix trilogy and countless other mega-blockbusters 20 years later.

The Breakfast Club was hilarious, so they get props for being an awesome, albeit highly cheesy, 80's movie.

Both Underworld and Underworld 2 should recieve credit for being great horror experiences, though light on the horror and heavy on the everything else, namely blood and gore.

A lot of Jim Carey's movies (in the 90's anyway) should be on here, so we're talking Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, the Cable Guy, Me Myself and Irene, Dumb and Dumber etc.

The CKY series should get credit for doing everything Jackass wouldn't do and a whole bunch more.

And lest we forget about the entire Austin Powers series! Groovy baby!

In no particular order, to wrap things up: Office Space, Rat Race, Bruce Almighty, Little Nicky, the Mummy series, the Simpsons Movie, and finally, Superbad.

That is all, I might edit this post into a list for your viewing pleasure at a later date.

/nearly the same, quite nearly

Level 26
In no particular order,

Quill
Battle Royale
Ju-on
Grave of the Fireflies
(In case you're wondering, my dad's Japanese)
Ace Ventura
Shaun of the Dead
Scary Movie 3/4
The Prestige
Saw 4

I'm not going to bother with obviously epic movies like Star Wars and Matrix. It goes without saying (er... typing).

Last edited:
Level 11
I love Sci-Fi, both in movies and TV-series, but I want real sci-fi, with spaceships and aliens, not vampires and crap. They put a sci-fi label on every movie with new-age crap in it...

The Matrix=Best movie EVER! There is no spoon!

Level 7
My favorite movies would have to be Pirates of the Carribean 1, 2, and 3 Alien v.s predator, and the LOTR Trilogy.

I'll agree here, i'm not so into AvP but Pirates and LOTR are my favs, I also enjoy action movies like the Bourne movies and Matrix.

Level 11
No, no, I am not confusing stuff. Have you ever heard of Blade? It is classified as sci-fi. And there are also some other movies I've seen that are clearly action, and someone incompetent at the TV-station said that it was sci-fi.

Level 26
Sometimes, fantasy BECOMES sci-fi. For example, the Force was a fantasy element as the equivalent of magic, but then they introduced the idea of midi-chlorians living inside your cells to cause the force, and the idea went straight to sci-fi Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.