• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What Animation Technique ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello !

I'm fairly new to this, modeling and animation. I made a model for the model competition but couldn't submit it because i got stuck on how to animate it :ugly:

I've searched and read almost all tutorials about animation on this site and wc3campaigns. But i still don't know how to animate my model, because none of the really works well :bored:

What animation technique do you think i should use ? the only technique I know is to separate each part and then make a bone to it. then animate each part alone.
That's very time consuming and might not be the easiest way to animate.

If you got another idea or technique on how to animate this model i will be very appreciated.

/MadseN

Attachments

• Animation WIP1.jpg
    Animation WIP1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 139
Level 2
Well, a shortcut could be Oinkerwinkle's Anim. Transfer, all you need to do is name the bones on ur model to match the model you want animations from. For example, to make the "walk" animation easier to make, just take the huntress's walk animation.

Level 4
I'm not sure about what you're saying cause I'm more or less a milkshape user, but my way of animation is normally opening up a certain model with warshape and take a look at their animations from each frame and sort of replicate it in milkshape, and from their you'll kind of get used to animating..

Well, animating IS time consuming anyway, so use a technique you know the best. I would suggest you to use IK solvers, and then convert it with a tool from wc3c, but maybe you should first learn to make good animations with a normal method. So yes, skinning a mesh onto different bones (basically mesh splitting in max) is a way to go for now.

you don't need that shitty tool; just use limb solvers and the IK to FK snap tool, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.