1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen! Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WG - Left4Dead

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by metal_13, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Doron

Doron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why is my computer trying to open your BETA map up as if it's a .rar file...

To prove it's just this map, I went and downloaded a map from the Hive's Maps section.

I'm not playing this because it just seems suspicious...

If it was not your intentions that it was supposed to be opened like that, sorry. I'm just downloading files much more careful since that new virus thing came out in maps.

EDIT: Now it's saying when I try to move it to my Warcraft 3 maps: Are you sure you want to move the read only file, WG - Left4Dead 2.0 Test mode.w3x? Can anyone tell me wth this is? Because its not doing this to any other map I've done... Well, despite all that, the map looks great...

2. metal_13

metal_13

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Boomer? rip? lol... a quality that bad, ripped from where...
    its based from the 2 head ogre model... i just edited it... specially the skin... took me 2 days to make it but still looks crappy :cry:...

forgot about the mode... what u can do is type the commands i posted using player red slot...then type in "-units" and u'll get all the infected boss and +1 survivor...

ill try to improve the spells u said...

about the map u uploaded b4... the fog efx when you're in a vomit or smoke.... is it by x player or all players get the heavy fog effect?

Infected? where do i find them? i got it from war3 unlimited site... the one who made it is in the credits... forgot his name... and the other 2 new skins is from here...hive.... still didn't add the names on credits...
    i used the same mdx...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

down worry... my PC is clean... the file isn't infected with any virus... :grin:

3. woxx

woxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does the hunter and smoker work as the same way as before. You know when the hunter jumps on a survivor or the smokers tounge drags a survivors a long distance?

4. Ribenamania

Ribenamania

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, I see =D
    my fog of pukricide(vomit) and smoke is made by fade mask that are only shown to those who gets the vomit or smoke...

5. Doron

Doron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, file is fine, it's just never tried to open it like that before lol. Ill start hosting this online to test this with my friends if that's ok

6. metal_13

metal_13

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hunter... 20% change...
    boomer 60% change...
    Smoker 100% change....

smoker is now limited to 1... coz 4 smokers means game over...

------------------------------------------------
    Doron... the map triggers is still messy... not sure if everything works... but please post any bug or crappy stuff u find...

------------------------------------------------

Ribenamania... fade mask? can you help me add that efx on vomit and smoke?

7. Ribenamania

Ribenamania

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why do you limit smoker, even there is 4 smoker. There won't tongue all at the same time. Don't tell me you put it a targeted spell o_O that's not way to go...

Fade mask by JASS using
    if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(GetSpellTargetUnit()) then
    call FadeFilter( what what what)
    endif

thats how it works =D

8. Doron

Doron

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, heres my bug report so far after 3 games, its still a little buggy like you said, but playable.

1. Done as Player 1 Red, Survivor, bunch of health packs and pills: I was able to run through the whole thing without getting hit by a zombie but a couple times, because when they'd spawn, maybe one or two would hit me, then run off, and sometimes the spawns wont hit me at all. With 4 other infected, I had a Smoker and a Boomer chasing after me, but were too far back, and could not catch me because they couldn't run very fast. Like the real L4D, maybe make it where they can re-spawn their zombie to get closer to the survivors? And make it where a player cannot just run through the whole thing will all the health packs and pills without getting hit but a couple times. When I did make it to the safe house, full health, the zombies caught up to me and killed me, because I don't know how to open / close the safe room doors or if you even can?

Anyway, I'm going to try and get all 4 survivors there and see what happens my next game.

2. Done as Player 5 Pink Infected, (even though all infected can do it) as a Smoker. Sometimes I or another smoker would attempt to pull a survivor, and most of the time did not work unless you were in sight and not on a building or anything(attempt to pull when no buildings or fences i.e are in your way). If this is intended, make it where the Smoker stops casting the pull.

I'll keep hosting and see what I can find.

9. Hoernchen

Hoernchen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Because even in the real Left4Dead, all special infected except the hunter are limited to 1 at a time in Versus mode. Only in survival mode you can get up to 4.

10. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  11. metal_13

metal_13

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    it looks awesome... but its a male zombie... did you make the skin? its scary... hehe...
    right now.. im trying to transfer some animations from the ghoul model to some female models i found... if it doesn't work... then ill try to give your ghoul a new head.. eheh.... ill post the model im working on... if it works...

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  12. assasin_lord

assasin_lord

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    suit yourself, your free to modefie it as you want

13. seanoliver

seanoliver

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah i agree with Septimus the tank will randomly spawn in everywhere.... but some bugs are.... when i just attacked a survivor it just randomly in his pounch attack....

14. iiiooouuu

iiiooouuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Impressive.

Im trying to make a L4D game too, except when i was making it my computer crashed and i forgot to save... Anyways back to topic nice map. by any chance may you please send me a unprotected map so i may see all the triggers and stuff because i am a rookie map maker. i suck at triggers terrain and spell making and i need a really good example like this i would appreciate it. full credit will be given to you.

Edit: Excuse me can you tell me how you walk on buildings? ive been trying >_<

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  15. iiiooouuu

iiiooouuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bash

You should also add a 0.10 bash for zombies in like the real l4d when your getting hit by zombies you get slowed down but when your getting hit by like 10 zombies you can even move at all hence the name left 4 dead so yeah.. just a suggestion

16. Landmine

Landmine

Multimedia Manager

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whether or not they used it in this game, I know that it can be done with elevators. Just put blockers where you don't want people to climb up.
    Good work guys. This looks good.

17. iiiooouuu

iiiooouuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tip.

18. nerovesper

nerovesper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm making l4d map too. Who does those models, I skinned my survivors but suck... xD

Will try this one. I'm just addicted to the game.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  19. 43berries

43berries

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some comments:

- Do not spam pills.
    - Make the medical supplies stack, or make them limited to how many you can carry.
    - Better terrain.
    - Better skins, let's face it... If the skins on all the models are not consistent to the art style or mood, the map will look ugly.
    - More zombies.
    - Better zombie AI, try using more different groups.
    - Call all the infected, infected. Do not state which unit is level 1 or level 2. Only do that in the editor prefix.
    - Custom inferface.
    - At least replace the current sound file with some darker song.
    - Make the floating text smaller.

I have more, but this will suffice for now.

20. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In L4D, there is about 6-15 pills available depends on how far the distance is.

As for medic, it usually was either 1 or 2.