• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WG - Left4Dead 1.9 stable

not sure if i missed some people... but its all in the loading screen...

EDIT: This version sucks... please wait for the new version im working on then download it... sorry for uploading it too early...

please post more comments and suggestions... i really need it... try posting them here...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/wg-left4dead-123134/

Keywords:
left4dead, left, dead, zombie, undead, shoot, gun, boomer, hunter, tank, smoker, survive, survivor
Contents

WG - Left4Dead 1.9 stable (Map)

Reviews
01:18, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Hi, your latest version 1.9 STABLE is a bit unbalanced. Every game I join and hosted, the undead slaughtered the survivors relatively quick. This is possibly because there isn't a respawn timer for the special zombies. You enforced a rule that zombie heroes cannot spawn close to survivors. The problem is that the anti-respawn area isn't that large and zombies can resurrect around 3 seconds after dying (Which I did). Zombie heroes should take a little longer to revive. Because of this, the Survivors got overwhelmed really fast by the zombie heroes. Maybe you could weaken the mass zombie (cannon fodder) a little bit (not a large number, maybe -2 or 3 dmg, 10 less health, or reduce their numbers a bit).

Level 6
sorry for the late reply... im still working on the map... added some modes, balance, item limit, and more stuff i cant remember... sorry if it has no description.... ill add it when the map is done... 1 - 3 more days maybe...

Edit: also some new models

Last edited:
Level 9
Utterly horrible. The spirit of Left 4 Dead isn't in there, a few quotes from there - but you play as marines rather then Bill, Francis, Louis or Zoey. Also, why is there dogs?! Why are there pain killers at the start of the Movie Campaign? Seanoliver is completely correct. Basically, all you do is just go through the ugly and cluttered streets, and all you do is sit back and relax while your marine just auto fires.

Level 5
Alright, i wasn't expecting much, i had joined somebody's game. It filled up fast u got a good name to back it up :). But MAN! That was incredibly! Totally not what i was expecting. The scenario is set up well, buildings are there, many places to hide, spawn, cop cars, etc. I did not see a tank yet, are those in function? Anyway, the only thing i was very dissapointed by is that it ended after the first round. It should at LEAST switch teams once at the end of the round so we can play human AND infected. I rather even have options in the start of the round to decide how many rounds there, but if a default there should be at least 2 or 4 (1 on each team, 2 on each team). But great job no idea why this is so underrated :).

I would also like to see 4 player campaign mode

Level 6
sorry im stuck with the player switch... tried 2 ways and it didn't work...
but im still on it... same time adding the survival mode...

Ricardo Irving: the auto fire is best for warcraft3... tried other tricks and it sucked... and mega lag

the game is still in beta...sorry if i uploaded it too early...

Level 5
i played human and i am rather dissapointed. Is there any skill to this team? There should also be directions and arrows for noobs so they, WE, know what to do and where to go instead of camp and a nice little spawn point. but, once again there needs skill. Auto fire is just dumb, sorry, needs a manual shooting system. It has been a little bit from when i played so i need to rethink ^_^, i remember i had a few more things to say. But manual fire = must!!

Level 6
sorry for the crappy version...

switch is done...
now adding an option at the game start for
-auto fire
-manual(press per fire)
-and a unique fire system fit for the game...(but LAG...)
----------------------------
also working on survival mode(TD style waves)
auto reload added
better "shove" + cool animation for zombies
----------------------------
any suggestions for the ending? and when switching?

ill release the new map asap...

Level 5
are you still working on this map? i have not tried the new version for the manual fire but if it has an option for auto vs manual that sorda defeats the purpose... huge imbalance between what should be there, and what is easiest. But thanks for adding i will give it a go

Level 5
i tried it full house.. its seriously the one of the best map ever.. but of cause.. there are points to fix.. when i play full house.. the infected could just own the humans less then 3 min..and thats what me and my friends did.. but ovrall...its a great game! 4.5/5.0

-0.5 due to imba and any othr prob.
Could i get access to your map? i like alot of things in it..if its possible.. i would like some mod and maybe learn from ur triggers.Please reply! Thanks