• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU patch nolimit not working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
something weird happen after BNET putted a auto patch recently
now i cant even use the no limit patch anymore

i tryed to redownload the WEU and even got a seprate No limit program and it still doesnt work

is that fixable?

Level 5
what !!??? stop using WEU!!??? are u insane?? if u saw my rpg previews into the old wc3sear.ch site, it as a 480x480 map and the terrain detail doesnt look like wc3, Rpg fully made in 3rd person MOD and alot more so dude, your really not in a great position to say (stop using weu)

i have more then 20 000 doodaddàs and its a badass map

for other people that are concern... is There a way to fix the no limit patch

since the new update arrived, the no limit program wont work anymore
is there a solution?

Level 5
thx flame but its kinda hard to use the normal editor when the rpg is totally a new generation, like i said the map is a (world) so detail that it looks like a wc3 expantion game , like i said the map is half way done so far and where up to 20000 doodads and even if i tryed to lower the quantity the new game style needs it, so i cant avoid it... thats sad

is there a newest patch for WE NO LIMIT , if yes can i get the link plz
i tryed about 3 of them still didnt work:(

-if not,do u think the program creator will send new patches soon for it

Man WEU is just a shitload of troubles you get ahead of you:
  1. Map Corruption
  2. Error Messages
  3. WEU Shutting Down Randomly
  4. Lots Advanced Triggers Dont Even Work

1. Becouse you dont backup your map idiot
2. error
3. Happens with normal we
4. Becouse you dont check use advanced triggers

Good things in weu:
  1. Using custom script for every gui action
  2. raising cliffs as you wish
  3. using up to 16 different tiles
  4. advanced un-obsolete triggers
  5. some extra jass functions implemented in gui
and i will tell you: there is no many good mapmakers not usiong weu. it's standard for all non-n00b persons who realize how good it actualy is. just think of modern terrains with cliffs, that would be retarded, so you are against weu, 3 ways:

1. you are adventurer who want to try to do everything without weu
2. you are jasser whe needs cscache, grimoire, and jass helper, so you dont want to mess with weu
3. you n00b

i personaly think that 3. one is most possible, if anyone have complains, i'm ready to answer on them!

WEU: if you really want new version of weu, contact mikke from wc3campaigns and talk to him, he made weu, and for weu no limits ask stonedstoopid to make a new one (and yeah, sure they are gonna accept)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
20000 doodads. . .
ARE YOU MAD!!!
The reason normal wc3 does not allow 480x480 maps is that it lags like doom when in multiplayer and singleplayer. . .
Wc3 is not a modern game and is not made to handle extreme number of doodads.
And I hope you know that Wc3 crashes with near 60000 doodads/destructiable on map and even if it does not crash it will cause some trigger actions to lag alot.

Graffics are not everything I would much rather play a map with good gamplay and story than one with good looks. . .

Wait a few weeks or months and the lettest WEU and WENL will be out
You will see. . .

Level 5
huh?

btw dr super good, u may be right, but 1 thing , thats your opinion

dude the rpg im talking about aitn just graghic, there is story plot 2 and nice interation events (gameplay)

the we no limit is NEEDED even if wc3 wasnt ment to be 3rd person mod, or full load of doodad . the game totally looks updated, thats wat people want , totally different map style with the nice gameplay of course , anyways thx happy torren i sended a message to stonedstoopid, hope gettin any reply soon

Level 45
okay, stop complaining. Miky has put alot of work into making WEU, and those fualts are normal fire_onyx with pretty much anything, happens with pretty much any program and he advices you to be careful using the advanced triggers.

Ill talk to miky(pitzermike) when he gets on irc and ask if he will re update it, but im sure its not easy guys.

NOTE: Although he said he nolonger works on WEU anymore, ill ask him.

Level 5
lol flames... i know what u mean but imagine that the map is made as a team
and dude lets say u can edit UR map but u cant even test it multiplayer,whats the point?? and how the hell will other members of the map work with me if i uninstall wc3 and stay offline

LIKE I SAID: ill just wait for a new patch, its needed

Level 27
what !!??? stop using WEU!!??? are u insane?? if u saw my rpg previews into the old wc3sear.ch site, it as a 480x480 map and the terrain detail doesnt look like wc3, Rpg fully made in 3rd person MOD and alot more so dude, your really not in a great position to say (stop using weu)

i have more then 20 000 doodaddàs and its a badass map

for other people that are concern... is There a way to fix the no limit patch

since the new update arrived, the no limit program wont work anymore
is there a solution?

20.000 doodads isnt going to work on any pc or any computer because warcraft cant handle .. (yeah it could run on the newest pc of 5000 euro)

Level 8
How to update the NoLimits-Patch

Use Grimoire and in the WE.lua file uncomment the lines that remove the WE Limits and replace the addresses in that file with the ones in the list below.

Code:
Units, Items          554b5b
Doodads          54cab8
Map Size          640e3b
_udg Variable Prefix          7daaa8
war3mapImported\ File Prefix          7c762c

If you need to use WEU in conjunction with Grimoire, use LoadMPQ.dll that comes with Grimoire to load WE Unlimited.exe with a priority of, say 15.

Oh and thank Wulfy for pointing me to this thread :D.

Level 5
cool i founded a way , but now i dont know how to open the WE.lua file
the only thing i know is that : when i insert the WE.lua file into Logd it turns a blank dark screen... im not sure if im in the right place :( if not where or how do i open it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.