1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Westfall Countryside 2.3

Submitted by SlushyJones
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
A melee map using the Village tileset. Features a Tavern in the middle of a village, and heavily wooded areas. When attacking the enemy side, be careful to avoid farmlands, as they are pathing blockers. It is easy to defend many chokepoints on this map, but there will always be another path to take. Creep camp strength is being adapted for balance.
Contents

Westfall Countryside 2.3 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
At the moment, this is a map this does a lot of stuff that normally are not seen in 1v1 melee maps, and most of it for good reason: -Only place trees by using the size 2 circular tool (which places at most 7 trees). Otherwise you create countless of...
  1. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At the moment, this is a map this does a lot of stuff that normally are not seen in 1v1 melee maps, and most of it for good reason:
    -Only place trees by using the size 2 circular tool (which places at most 7 trees). Otherwise you create countless of trees where wisp can sit and not be attacked by melee units.
    -Plants and other living stuff near gold mines will remain even if an undad builds there, and then they will look womewhat silly on blight.
    -Creeps and player units are typically rather different in terms of stats/experience given (i.e. the shredder). Such units might not be balanced for being used as creeps.
    -Many small chokepoints, especially at the ramps leading upwards/downwards from shallow water. Some parts of these ramps are actually bugged and unpathable (check pathing with hotkey P, look for tiles marked in pink), this should be fixed.
    -Shops accessible even during day without aggroing creeps.
    -Many creepcamps placed in such a manner that player units will accidentially get attacked by them.
    -Weird areas with these singular trees.

Good stuff:
    -Itemdrops and creeps seem mostly balanced.
    -Good structure of places of interest and distance between them
    -Good job on making the two visually different halfves in terms of color.

So altogether, I suggest you fix some of these issues or explain why you think they are ok the way they are now. Until then, map set to Awaiting update.

2. SlushyJones

SlushyJones

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the review!

I will take a look at the issues you mentioned and attempt to fix them. However, these fixes may take awhile so I think I will remove the map until I fix them

3. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's your decision, but there's no need for it. Maybe someone else also wants to have a look and give you some feedback.