• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weapon item triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey,
While making my map I'm trying to make a lot of different weapons specific to certain characters and such. I've noticed a couple of things in the Legacies: ToS maps that I'd like in my map, just a few weapon and armour triggers, really.

Could somebody tell me how to do these please:
- Weapon being available to only a certain hero, if another hero picks it up, it is immediately taken back out of their inventory.
- When weapon/armour is obtained, character's damage/shield stats change.

I think there was a third one but I forgot what it was. If anybody could tell me how to do these I'd be really grateful.

-Jase

Level 9
Well, i can tell you the first one:

Code:
Hero Item restriction hero1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Item-type of (Last created item)) Equal to Kelen's Dagger of Escape
                (Item-type of (Last created item)) Equal to Skeletal Artifact
            Then - Actions
                Do nothing
            Else - Actions
                Item - Move (Item being manipulated) to (Position of (Triggering unit))

At the if/then/else you can also put all items for one hero in an item class (powerups, misc, artifacts), else, do it like i did, add the items there that that hero must be able to pick up.
If the items aren't one of those, the item will automatically be dropped on the ground underneath the hero.

i'll leave the second question to the next smart person who comes by :p

(edit: p.s. give the items abilities which give the hero certain buffs, increasing armor, damage or hp..)

Level 3
indeed what angelusz said bout the 2nd question: just edit or create custom items with these buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.