Wc3:WoW's WoW System Mini-Contest
Contest Deadline: July 25, 2008.
Greetings fellow fans of Wc3:WoW!
It has been decided that Wc3:WoW needs some help with triggers and systems. So we decided to host a World Of Warcraft System Replica contest! Make your system in Warcraft III's World Editor. The goal is to make a system that is very much alike one in World of WarCraft.
You can submit up to five COMPLETE triggered systems, but only one is needed. Feel free to make a system we have not yet confirmed to be made yet for Wc3:WoW. If you would like to make one which we need most, you can make a World of WarCraft combat enter & exit system. When engaging in combat or when engaged in combat, you will enter combat mode. There should be a variable or trigger of some sort which activates when this happens, to allow us to modify it if needed to disable specific spells and items. If you make a system which is not in World of WarCraft, your entry will not be accepted and will have to make a system which is in World of WarCraft.
You can make the system map playable to better demonstrate how it works and can also earn an extra point or two if it helps dramatically and is well made. Try to restrain yourself from using custom models, textures, etc.
What we're looking for:
- A well triggered system that is a close replica of one made in World of WarCraft.
- Clean coding and low to no amount of leaks. Messy trigger work will result in minus points.
- Do not base your triggers from other people's work. This will be considered cheating and will have you disqualified if caught.
- All triggers must work with campaigns, or else its useless.
What we're not looking for:
- Stealing triggers from other already made maps.
- Messy trigger/coding work.
- Working from someone elses map is not allowed.
- Non-WoW triggered systems.
- A remake of a system we've already made for Wc3:WoW.
- vJASS is not allowed! vJASS triggers will not be used and can get you disqualified.
- Simple system entrys like floating names above characters.
Some example systems:
- Flight path system for a campaign to bring a player from map to map.
- Looting system.
- Guild creation system.
- Combat Enter/Exit System.
- Character customization system. (Custom models and textures permitted)
- Jumping system.
- Different attack damages and speeds depending what items are equipped at a time. DPS. Must work for at least one hero character.
- Quest system.
- Underwater and surface water swimming. (Don't forget that you cannot breathe underwater unless you get Underwater Breathing buff)
- Item durability loss system.
- Slow fall system. (A mage spell which allows a mage to jump off a - for example - cliff and slowly fall to the ground, having no damage inflicted from the landing)
- Bank system.
- Auction House system.
The winner will receive credit on the website's The Team page, get additional +reputation over at the Hive Workshop, be added to the Closed Beta Testing team at least for one session, and will be given a new title to replace "Member" to "System Contest Winner" and will also be able to choose any color they wish to show in their user name such as turning "Craka_J" to "Craka_J". A select few of the winners will most likely asked to join the Wc3:WoW team to help trigger the great project as well.
There will be second and third place winners as well, but their rewards won't be as supreme. Here is the rewards list:
|First Place Winner:|
|Second Place Winner|
|Third Place Winner:|
Here are some answers that should answer a few of your questions (if any):
- Triggers must be done 100% by you only.
- Partners are not permitted.
- System(s) entries submitted must be very close to or exactly like the ones in World of WarCraft.
- Stealing other people's work will disqualify you from the contest.
- Custom models and textures are not recommended, but if needed to help enhance a system, it is permitted.
- Using another person's map - even for terrain purposes - will give minus points.
- Systems that were introduced in the expansion are not wanted!
- Custom models, skins, etc. is permitted. But cannot be exported from WoW or Wc3:WoW.
- You must provide a screenshot or video of your system in use to provide a preview / walkthrough.
- vJASS is not permitted!
- JASS and GUI are both permitted. JASS is prefered.
Contest Deadline: July 25, 2008.
~Craka_J; Leader of the Wc3:WoW Team