• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 update to 1.27 broke maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Does anyone know what changes were made? it seems the code all works fine still so it wasnt the same issue that changed from 1.23 to patch 1.24 where jass and vjass objects changed.
this seems to be more about object data. like now items wont work like a speed scroll doesnt work now but still shows the buff, and a mana pot doesnt work now. stuff like that.
Any info is appreciated.

Level 19
No the "retarded" part was the people making tools which could break in future patches. Spazler is a good example because if WC3 gained MPQ4 support then it would break the maps.

like tools which grants 80% map size reducing aren't useful and aren't obligatory to be supported by the company itself. not gonna say blizz should care about it, but it's definitely the way to piss off community even more

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
like tools which grants 80% map size reducing aren't useful and aren't obligatory to be supported by the company itself. not gonna say blizz should care about it, but it's definitely the way to piss off community even more
If map makers open sourced their maps after official development stopped then it would not be a problem as someone could always update and fix the map. It is not Blizzard's fault for bad development practices. If WC3 needed an update to cope with new operating systems, map makers can provide an update to cope with new WC3.

Level 13
If WC3 needed an update to cope with new operating systems, map makers can provide an update to cope with new WC3.
thats true, but the problem is all the guys that developed those tools are pretty inactive now it seems, Vex hasnt been on since 2013 it seems and i forget who the guy is that made the widgetizer. but those tools helped speed loads and optimize map size which is pretty important in some games barely making the 8MB limit.
What really should have happened is after they were done making those tools, make those open source so if someone came around with enough talent they could continue the progress.

Level 12
Just posting a probably complex map does not help very much.
Create a testmap, do research and document as precise as possible all occurrences where something does not work anymore. Post that and someone will continue so we can find the exact causes to this.

Level 13
Just posting a probably complex map does not help very much.
Create a testmap, do research and document as precise as possible all occurrences where something does not work anymore. Post that and someone will continue so we can find the exact causes to this.

Well i know now its some combination of using vexorians optimizer and the widgetizer because i just tested the map before all that and it works fine. so now i have to figure out what those programs do to make it mess up in patch 1.27
these are some of the things that are messing up

Capture.png

i guess there is really no reason to test the map now, just speculate what widgetizer is doing to mess it up.. im 99% sure its not vexorians program because other maps that use it are still being hosted and seem unaffected.

Status
Not open for further replies.