• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WC3 Banlist 3.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This tool originates from here

This program is created to make an effort at keeping your Warcraft III custom games (for example DotA) free of notorious leavers. Thereby it offers a local database (to which you can add people yourself) to alert you when a "leaver" joins your game or someone you've kept some information about.

The program can do this in various ways:
  • Play a sound as soon as a leaver is detected, or banned
  • Display a text in-game floating at the top of your screen
  • Copy a text into the clipboard, so you can view the comment by pressing CTRL-V

Further features include:
  • Synchronization with other people's banlists via the Banlist.nl Buddy Banlist System
  • Integration of clans' banlists / safelists
  • Showing the country of or ping to joined players or the host
  • A real-time chat interface for Warcraft III using built-in stylesheets to match the Warcraft III-look or another look to your liking
  • An anti-download option which enables you to have people who try to download the map (when hosting) auto-kicked
  • Automatic slot-reservation for your friends and clanmates
  • Automatically copying the game name if your friend joins a game

Keywords:
ban list
Contents

WC3 Banlist 3.0 (Binary)

Reviews
Level 7
i hate it. ive been baned several times just cuz i beat the host. he plays as a race with only 1 hero, and he says im hero targeting. i knock out his army and then hit his defenseless base and he says im base targeting. he leaves and declares im a leaver.

the banlist wouldnt be such a bad idea if hosts were fair, understanding, and unfortunately very few honorable hosts exist.

i hate it. ive been baned several times just cuz i beat the host. he plays as a race with only 1 hero, and he says im hero targeting. i knock out his army and then hit his defenseless base and he says im base targeting. he leaves and declares im a leaver.

the banlist wouldnt be such a bad idea if hosts were fair, understanding, and unfortunately very few honorable hosts exist.

Why the hell would you play with such idiots? In fact, you should use banlist too, to block idiots like those.

Level 7
actually yes i do host. but even then ppl ban me for stupid reasons. REAL example: someone was shooting his mouth off at me for hosting a popular map he liked. i kicked him. he banned me for kicking him. othertimes i get banned for either 1. not being able to tell him how to host with a completely different router that i dont understand. or 2. not feeling like going through telling someone that complicated stuff.

and there are times i feel like using it myself for unfair reasons. its too ready a tempation to use one of those things just cuz u lose. and in my case if they do something that makes me incredibly mad (massing artillery or mass sabatage stuff) then i just leave so i dont get madder. if they shoot their mouth off at me during a game i squelch them, then beat the day-lights outta them.

Level 23
i agree. i don't like it eigther. too many ppl have threatened to ban me just because I owned them in the last game. I could be perfectly quiet and they try to ban me. What ever I do, ppl try to ban me. This would only help them. >XO EVIL PROGRAM! BEGONE SPAWN OF DARKNESS!!!

I dislike the idea of banning to, i think it should be based off a negative rep system where it counts how many ips tried to ban a player and gives that number. truely bad players would have more than one person try to ban them... once a player has a really high ban count, it would be host's choice weather to kick or not, that way if there was a good reason for most the bans, all ban attempts should require an excuse, and it should be able to pull un an excuse randomly from all his/her bans why they were banned.

as for your personal banlist, its fine if that auto kicks players

I like the fact you can reserve slots, i havnt actually tried out the program but im going to.. the above is just an opinnion/sugestion to improve the program in the future
EXAMPLE

WOOOOOT: JACKHAMMER, has 21 ban points (21 ppls banned him)
WOOOOOT: Random Ban excuse: JACKHAMMER, Killed His allys in Dota
JACKHAMMER: He was about to die anyways, he was poisoned and the enemy would have gotten the kill
WOOOOOT: I duno 21 ban points is alot.. i guess ill let you stay but if you try it again, im gonna add a banpoint

Level 2
I think banlist is stupid. I got Banned for saying 'I think Banlists are stupid'... Why would somebody take a game so seriously to ban somebody?

Level 1
This is a too powerful tool for kids to handle. They get their own many reasons to ban eachother, and this will mostly be used in unfair cases imo.

:spell_breaker: ye its so true ... i think there should be a little quiz that stop little kids to use ban list, im 15 aka kid BUT i understand what " unwrited laws " are for ban list... , im banned from so meny ppl just cuz i did pwn them, or just talking trash example: from? (sweden) nice... (kk less talking more playing) stfu kid... ( lol how old are u ? ) 12... ( and u call me kid u little shit...) and BAAM banned....:spell_breaker:

Level 1
:pal:After first thinking and disliked it for a while.. till today anyways in some game.. People are just rude when they can't get their way and just cuss people out for no reason and threat ect.. Good tool to get rid of those kind of rude evil players in my game! :thumbs_up:
Examaple of how it sounded edit for lang: Grey, Red you QQQ you N******#&()#*)(!** looking Pillow f#(*#( Plus alot of other langs...Learn how to play no teams Red You suck you ... your bad I hate you I'll whisper you Yes!!..the game name was Teams WoW Risk and told em several times before starting they agreed End of Example... After that I started getting tells of threating.. Its against the rules to post them since their really just wrong, after that. I ignored him/Banned him.. So really its a great tool now thanks again :smile: :piru: :pir: :pal: :pal: :spell_breaker: :pal: :pal: :ned: :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
I agree that banlist sucks, but some people actually use it wisely, but it's probably like a 1/10 chance that the user isn't an idiot who abuses banlist.

Level 1
Baning with this tool is however Pointless, because it "bans" the name of the user. So you can just create another random b-net account.

yeah, and the result is:
Idiots will create a new account and normal players who have a friend list with more than 3 people want to stay with their name and will NOT creat a new account.
So you have a lot pissed off players and still the idiots :sad:
Ban Banlist Users :grin:

Level 1
I would rather ban the guys I don't like and the guys who I know are retarded.. and mostly.. It´s a good reminder to those who have leaved your games. It´s a useful tool

Level 23
For example, there was a guy who claimed he was pro (and failed) while my team was playing Space Rogues. He was causing us to lose. When we kicked him from the game, he OWNED! :D The host then banned him from the game. Now, whenever my team plays that game, we won't have to deal with idiots like him who think thay are all that screwing up our games.

I finally found a useful thing for this! :D

Level 1
hey does this work for mac? Like the arf can be used with X11 to change to mac. If anyone knows how to do it, plz tell me :D

Level 2
It would seem that the general consensus is that this tool is illegal and widely disliked because of its anti-noob potential. I can definiteley see this side of the argument--I am a 56k user at my house, and I take a while to download. In the game, however, my conenction matters not, as I am usually the LAST person to lag. Still, this paired up with a connection speed checker has been the bane of my existence in trying to learn games like DOTA--which has done nothing but foster my dislike for them further.

Still, it Is a sueful tool when used properly. I am a huge player of NOTD:Aftermath, and we constantly get new players who abuse the game and doom everyone else, as it is a team game. Rather than be strictly anti-new-guy, this tool makes it useful in banning those that have wronged us in the past. Sure, there are countless idiots out there, but patience with the new guys and a cold iron fist to the morons is key.

In retroospect, I give this program a thumbs up.

Level 5
I see both ways, both normal people can use it but so can wankers and cocksuckers. i come to the conclusion that if someone bans you for no reason they are a douche with no friends but if it is for a good reason like you leave all the time or you are the wanker then you deserve to be banned.

Level 4
I think that 50% (at least) of the people to have replied here don't understand what this does.

It does not ban someone from warcraft 3, it simply "remembers" information you have personally recorded about some one.

For example.
I am an asshole host, you kill me, I say I'm going to ban you. Then I ban you.
You are no longer able to play in my games, that is all. Every other game out there you can play in.

This is an automatized version of a notepad document with people's usernames written in it. (In SC I did that)

This gives nothing more than the power to remember when someone was a dick.

*Downloaded*

<Note>
You can connect to a database compiled from other people's banlists, but those groups usually keep their members honest, if not, it's not worth playing with them in the first place.

Level 3
I'm not that strict in my games but things like making fun of clans or spamming crap about clans just makes me mad sometimes. Usually I just kick but I use ban list to make sure certain people don't come back again.

Never the less I do like this program.