WC2 - Dwarf Units

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
warcraft_logo_dwarf2-png.391013

Greetings fellow HIVE'rs...

I proudly present to you the Sound pack to the epic Dwarven Assets pack that we've released earlier this year, a lot of work went into this project, this map is a SHOWCASE Map for you to test quickly how the Dwarves sound in game, however, in order to apply those voice lines, I recommend you download the file attached to this post and read the quick guide on how to implement them to your maps! all our Dwarven units are fully voice-acted, so grab the files, and create your own Dwarven melee map!

Credits:

• Dale Wylde (Moxyspunt): Wildhammer Captain, Wildhammer Axethrower, Condemned Sapper (Dwarf A), Ironforge Knight, Ironforge Worker, Ironforge Demolition squad (Dwarf A).

• Zan (Vox Tenebrae): Ironforge Footman, Wildhammer Worker, Ironforge Demolition squard (Dwarf B), Dark Iron Condemned Sappers (Dwarf B).

• Jakub (Gibby): Ironforge Mage, Wildhammer Footman, Dark Iron Captain.

• Haris (Zytel): Ironforge Priest, Wildhammer Shaman, Dark Iron Pyromancer.

• Aleksandrs (Avuaz): Ironforge Captain, Wildhammer Druid, Dark Iron Worker, Dark Iron Rifleman.

• AliceCry: Dark Iron Shadow Priestess.

• Sindri: Ironforge Mountaineer, Dark Iron Footman.

Pack management and voice lines by:

• Shadi.
  • @Barorque (with voice lines).

French Dub credits:

- Aoroxas : Ironforge Knight
- Zuper_Zauzzice : Darkiron Captain, Ironforge Mountaineer
- Shunrik : Ironforge Footman, Wildhammer Mage
- BennyDeluxe : Ironforge Captain
- SirMaskox : Darkiron Footman
- Cormack : Darkiron Distance
- AlexisB : Wildhammer Druid
- Apotrus : Wildhammer Footman, Condemned Sappers B
- Whirlwind : Wildhammer Distance, Ironforge Priest
- Wizzlight : Wildhammer Captain
- Clem_Uvoguine : Ironforge Worker
- Nyzoka : Ironforge Mage, Darkiron Worker
- CCtrouille : Darkiron Priestess
- PurpleBB : Darkiron Mage, Wildhammer Worker
- Ragnawak : Condemned Sappers A

DUBBING / TRANSLATION

Attached Pack
Dwarven Sound Pack
Contents

WC2 - Dwarf Units (Map)

WC2 - Dwarf Units (Map)

I think you should list what Soundsets you can replace each of them with (based on number of quotes of each category). I know you can see this in the map imports, but it could be useful to be listed here as well. Also, maybe you should add the soundsets archive to the sound section? People browsing sounds in the sound section wouldn't see it if it is only posted in the map section.

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 23
I think you should list what Soundsets you can replace each of them with (based on number of quotes of each category). I know you can see this in the map imports, but it could be useful to be listed here as well. Also, maybe you should add the soundsets archive to the sound section? People browsing sounds in the sound section wouldn't see it if it is only posted in the map section.
seperate sounds are planned to be put in the sound section, regarding the soundkits it's already inside a doc containing the voice lines of the dwarves, you check it in the pastebin file

seperate sounds are planned to be put in the sound section, regarding the soundkits it's already inside a doc containing the voice lines of the dwarves, you check it in the pastebin file
Thanks, didn't see that. Also, I've noticed you replaced the wendigo soundset. I'm pretty sure it shares some sounds with the Doom Guard soundset so if you have a Doom Guard it will sound like the dwarf that replaces the wendigo. I had this problem when I replaced it with Dentarg's voice from BtDP and the Doom Guard would sound like him.

ShadiHD

Level 23
Thanks, didn't see that. Also, I've noticed you replaced the wendigo soundset. I'm pretty sure it shares some sounds with the Doom Guard soundset so if you have a Doom Guard it will sound like the dwarf that replaces the wendigo. I had this problem when I replaced it with Dentarg's voice from BtDP and the Doom Guard would sound like him.

that's the sad part of WE limiations, wish we could've created soundkits from scratch instead of replacing existing ones, but in that case, a work around is possible, choose a different soundkit for the Doom guard, for example give him archimonde's/Mannoroth's kit or something of similar nature.

that's the sad part of WE limiations, wish we could've created soundkits from scratch instead of replacing existing ones, but in that case, a work around is possible, choose a different soundkit for the Doom guard, for example give him archimonde's/Mannoroth's kit or something of similar nature.
Not sure if you know about this, but there are soundsets with no soundfiles in the mpq like HeroRanger. If you import sounds with that name and add that soundset to the unit, they will play in game. There was a thread on hive about it. You can check the .slk file to see all soundsets. Though, if you plan a Warcraft II remake, you have a lot of soundsets you won't need. One other thing to note is that for Reign of Chaos, Blizzard didn't think Heroes needed Ready sounds (even though they would play them on revival; probably a carry over from Wc2 and SC, where the heroes didn't have ready sounds either). So Reign of Chaos Hero soundsets should only be replaced by other heroes or untrainable units.

ShadiHD

Level 23
this is a showcase map for people to quickly test out both the models and their implemented voice acting, the models in the map are already uploaded in the models section + there's a pastebin file that contains all the sound files, also later we will upload the voice lines separately in the sound section.

Alexen

Map Moderator
Level 26
this is a showcase map for people to quickly test out both the models and their implemented voice acting, the models in the map are already uploaded in the models section + there's a pastebin file that contains all the sound files, also later we will upload the voice lines separately in the sound section.
Ok. Is fine then. It can stay in the template section.