• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warstomping oneself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey!

Question, I'm trying to get a unit to "warstomp" itself. I've created the ability based off the neutral version of warstomp. Thing is, I don't know which flags to use to have it warstomp itself! It's a mechanical ground unit. Flags I've tried:
- Self
- Self, Ground
- Self, Mechanical
- Self, Mechanical, Ground
- Self, Mechanical, Ground, Vulnerable, Invulnerable

Nothing works! Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

(P.S. If you were wondering, yes, it has other effects too, it's an EMP, which removes mana in a radius, JASS'ed.)

Level 9
Well, the ability fires, but the (de)buff (stun) doesn't apply to the caster. Dummy unit is possible, but I'd like to try and avoid the extra fuzz that comes with it. It *should* work.

*Edit*
Oh, and on the subject of dummy units, i'd have to create a seperate ability that the dummy unit would in turn cast on the warstomp caster, to stun it etc. I think the object editor can do it, I just have to figure out how.

Level 4
Set targets allowed to none and use this trigger. :thumbs_up:

• Warstomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Unpause (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Casting unit), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 9
a spell wich affect both enemies and the caster, but not your other units...
good luck

(PS: any GUI triggered solution wich is more complex than the JASS one isn't valid)

EDIT for the following post: that's not MUI, and i'm not sure that storm bolt apply the same effect than warstomp

Last edited:
Level 12
without using any Custom Scripts?
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to WARSTOMP
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add STUN to GLOBAL(Variable equal to a Loctus Dummy unit that is present at all times)
    • Unit - Order GLOBAL to Human - Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Casting unit)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Unit type of (Casting unit)) Equal to DUMMY UNIT
  • Actions
    • Remove (Ability being cast) from (Casting unit)
the 2nd trigger might not be needed, but only on some conditions(not in triggers, but how the map is constructed)

EDIT : Oh, and the unit can even have STUN at all times, meaning i could make it even simpler :p

Level 9
No, no, no. It should affect only the caster. The effects applied to the enemy units are already in place. I just want the ability itself to affect the caster. That's it, nothing more.

* Edit
By the way, if you read the above carefully, you would have seen that I know how to make it without using the object editor (triggers/JASS), but I want to prevent that!
I'll rephrase the question: Can I have the "War Stomp" ability effects affect the caster himself and no other units? (The stun)
Oh, and Warlord_HU, thanks for the attempt at helping, but your solution isn't complete. The buff isn't applied. If anything, I'd use a dummy unit casting an ability on the EMP caster, using triggers.

Level 4
I think its not possible to do this without triggers

• Warstomp
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Devotion Aura (Item) to (Casting unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Add Devotion Aura (Item) from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Remove Dummy Warstomp buff from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Casting unit), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Set the Armor bonus of Devotion Aura (Item) to 0, targets alowed to self and set the buff of this aura to a Dummy Warstomp (the remove buff trigger is not working whit the original buff)

(i have used Devotion Aura (Item) quz it has no icon and you dont have to use the spell book disabling trick, i have used the remove buff trigger while the ability is removed the buff remains there 0.7ec +-)

Is it complete now?

Level 9
I think its not possible to do this without triggers

• Warstomp
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Devotion Aura (Item) to (Casting unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Add Devotion Aura (Item) from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Remove Dummy Warstomp buff from (Casting unit)

Set the Armor bonus of Devotion Aura (Item) to 0, targets alowed to self and set the buff of this aura to a Dummy Warstomp (the remove buff trigger is not working whit the original buff)

(i have used Devotion Aura (Item) quz it has no icon and you dont have to use the spell book disabling trick, i have used the remove buff trigger while the ability is removed the buff remains there 0.7ec +-)

Is it correct now?
No, it's not.

Level 9
If warstomp didn't work on self only, then it can't be done with only the ability for hardcoded reasons, and you will need to use a dummy unit. You should create a dummy with storm bolt, and order the dummy to cast it on the caster unit. Easy and secure.
Yes, that was indeed what I was considering myself as well. I just wanted to be sure if I wasn't overlooking something, I guess not, since everyone comes with trigger solutions, that'll be it!

Level 11
If there's an object editor solution that you think might exist, and a trigger solution you know exists, and none of your object editor solutions work then it's probably best to go with the triggered solution, you shouldnt be afraid of dummy units, 99% of custom spells use them, and they work.

Level 19
Set targets allowed to none and use this trigger. :thumbs_up:

• Warstomp
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
:/ pause makes it buggy sometimes and makes abilities invisible dummy Rulz

Status
Not open for further replies.